Floating Around Norway on a Cloud

drron29

Thanks drron...no pink blazer today.

Looks like sou'wester weather.

Enjoying your posts.

Look carefully at your computer for any signs of infection or intrusion. After our stop in provideniya I mistakenly did not turn off my computer, just hibernated.

There was an intrusion.

Just FYI.

Thanks drron...no pink blazer today.

Looks like sou'wester weather.

Enjoying your posts.

Look carefully at your computer for any signs of infection or intrusion. After our stop in provideniya I mistakenly did not turn off my computer, just hibernated.

There was an intrusion.

Just FYI.

Already on to that with 2 firewalls and Mcafee going plus a malware program for Russia.Have blocked 2 separate computers trying to access my network.

Does cause some freezing of web pages but a small price to pay.When in Archangel signal was good but couldn't access much at all.Almost certainly some authorised interference.

One of these each end of the Cloud-

DSC03349.JPG.

Hmmm, never considered a computer problem. Thanx, all. I also really enjoyed the excursion in Harstad. The Trondenes Church and Fort, the Adolf Gun and the bunker museum. Amazing machinery to load the gun. The diameter is twice as large as any canon used in WWII on the coast! Short stay in Tromso, weather was cold and wet, I think. Virtual sea day. Passed on Nord Kapp, been there a few times. I forgot to check if I already posted about those places, I am too busy looking at drron's photos! Terrific! I really liked Archangel. It was enhanced by wonderful warm, sunny weather. For whatever silly reason, i have wanted to visit there since i was a kid and saw it on my globe! Arkhangelsk, the Russian name, sounds nothing like it. We had an excellent young woman guide. 1693 Peter the Great established the first state-owned shipbuilding yard. The walk along Chumbarovka Street, a collection of relocated wooden houses, is also called the Museum Street. Trinity (Dormition) Church is noted due to its unusual palette of pastels versus primary colors. A stop at the British Cemetery. The other area of the Cemetery is wild and untended, full of old trees and vines. Kind of eerie. The Merchant Yards Museum was well reported. I hung around on the lower level with a nice young lady who gave me a verbal virtual tour! Murmansk today more sun and 60! A short tour to the first nuclear powered surface vessel, the ice breaker, Lenin. Alta tomorrow. Later.

Edited by duct tape

On this machine I have McAfee as it came with the machine.Have it's firewall + Microsoft firewall.I also have the paid version of malwarebytes-got that after my computer was captured by the people who say they are from the FBI,Australian Federal police Interpol etc and demand a ransom.Malwarebytes fixed that and has prevented a couple of further attacks-Two have occurred when going to a Diabetes website so can happen anywhere.I think that lot are based in Russia.

We arrive in Tromso to a bracing 6.5C,cloud and showers.I had considered the sea kayak tour but now pleased I didn't sign up.We have been to Tromso before so we just walked the town.A lot more shops and new construction.So a pictorial of some of the buildings-

DSC03093.JPG.DSC03095.JPG.

DSC03097.JPG.DSC03098.JPG.

DSC03099.JPG.DSC03103.JPG.

We arrive in Tromso to a bracing 6.5C,cloud and showers.I had considered the sea kayak tour but now pleased I didn't sign up.We have been to Tromso before so we just walked the town.A lot more shops and new construction.

Appreciate this continued sharing of great details and photos from Dr. Ron, duct tape and others. Yes, Tromso brings back nice memories from being there, including going up, UP via the cable car up to the top of Mt. Storsteinen at 1,260 feet. We loved the great views of the town, islands, mountains and water from that scenic location.

On your temperature of 6.5C, we do not always know what that means for us in the USA. But when I check, it means 43.7°F. Ouch!! Not ideal or perfect, especially when it is cloudy and having showers. Good luck with your future weather!!

Know that Tromso is called the “Paris of the North”, but not sure I would rate it quite that highly. It is 186 miles north of the Arctic Circle and is located on an island. Interesting location We also liked visiting their Arctic Cathedral, etc.

Keep the good "stuff" and sharing rolling along.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 180,411 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923