Anyone booked with CruiseNext Ultimate on board?

Kkate

You can buy 2 deposits at Christmas, no problem. When you get back, call NCL and ask them to apply one of them to your Escape booking. (They normally only allow one deposit per stateroom, so if you have two cabins booked, you can apply both deposits.) I have done this a couple of times, so I know it has been possible in the very recent past. If they absolutely won't let you do it, or if they say you have to cancel and rebook and you don't want to do that, you can ask for the deposits to be refunded within 30 days of purchase. But I think your plan will work fine.

They are refundable if you ask within 30 days of purchasing them. After that, as aubreyc1988 explained, it's use it or lose it, or transfer to someone else who can use it.

Oh that's great to know, thank you very much for the info! I think I will buy at least one either way as I know I will use it eventually even if they won't let me use it for the escape. Would be a bonus if they did though! Fingers crossed. Thanks again :)

• 5 months later...

If you already booked and fully paid, can you apply a 250 cruise next voucher on your account and get the rest refunded on your credit card?

I'm sailing May 28 and I heard that you can apply two vouchers per stateroom, I'm not 100% sure

Thanks

I just have a quick tip in regards to wanting to buy these certificates and using them.

If you often buy last minute cruises always ask if you can stack the certificates. We were able to do this twice so far.

They let us use the 2 certificates we bought on one cruise so fantastic deal!

I just have a quick tip in regards to wanting to buy these certificates and using them.

If you often buy last minute cruises always ask if you can stack the certificates. We were able to do this twice so far.

They let us use the 2 certificates we bought on one cruise so fantastic deal!

i actually bought two $250 vouchers for 175 each and I'm hoping I can apply both to my reservation I already paid for and get the 500 refunded on my card. Saves me $150

i actually bought two $250 vouchers for 175 each and I'm hoping I can apply both to my reservation I already paid for and get the 500 refunded on my card. Saves me $150

Hello,

How were you able to buy each 250 voucher for 175? Are you factoring in the OBC that you receive when purchasing the vouchers?

Thanks

Hello,

How were you able to buy each 250 voucher for 175? Are you factoring in the OBC that you receive when purchasing the vouchers?

Thanks

I bought them from a friend who is going to try to transfer them to my latitude account! Hopefully I can apply it to my reservation. I'll report in whether or not it works

Hello,

While it was not the case here, that is of course how one should calculate it. The OBC is instantly used to credit the account after the purchase so net effect of the purchase to your onboard account is the price of certificates minus OBC.

The OBC is $100 when purchasing one certificate (making the certificate cost $150) and $125 each when purchasing multiple (making the certificate cost $125 each).

The certificate marketing terms OBC and "extra spending money" etc are just gimmicks to get people to spend more onboard when there is no need to do so.

While it was not the case here, that is of course how one should calculate it. The OBC is instantly used to credit the account after the purchase so net effect of the purchase to your onboard account is the price of certificates minus OBC.

The OBC is $100 when purchasing one certificate (making the certificate cost $150) and $125 each when purchasing multiple (making the certificate cost $125 each).

The certificate marketing terms OBC and "extra spending money" etc are just gimmicks to get people to spend more onboard when there is no need to do so.

I'm kind of confused, are we talking about the same thing?

I'm kind of confused, are we talking about the same thing?

I don't know what you mean by that but your friend has paid $125 or $150 for each certificate worth of $250, so $175 for each is pretty reasonable compromise to split the benefits between the two of you.

I don't know what you mean by that but your friend has paid $125 or $150 for each certificate worth of $250, so $175 for each is pretty reasonable compromise to split the benefits between the two of you.

Ahh I agree! I just hope that it transfers over and NCL accepts both of them into my reservation that I already paid for. I'm going to call in tomorrow!

Worked well on our Epic cruise in March. We had $200 OBC from a promo, with UBP. Wife bought a handbag for $89, bought a cruise certificate for $250,with of course $100 OBC, so final bill was $39 and we have £170 credit (that was the conversion rate) for a deposit on a cruise in the next four years - result !!

Happy to report in that the two vouchers worked!

Bought two $250 vouchers from my friend for 175 each.

Applied them both to my reservation that was already paid for.

Norwegian escape may 28 guaranteed inside after fees was $1231 for two. Plus 189 prepaid gratuities. Modest $25 OBC. Then minus the 150 from the two vouchers. Airfare booked with points via chase UR. paid with everything on my sapphire so 2x points. Not bad for broke college students!

Edited by nblufire12

This is my first NCL cruise. All right so I want to be sure about this. I am booked on Getaway on May 15th, paid in full spa haven. I also have an inside cabin on a 4 day sky cruise in December, through NCL and a 7 day inside on Escape in September 2016 through a TA. Both of those are just deposited but have great perks associated with them.

If I buy 2 certificates in May, can I use either of them or both on those bookings. I do not wish to rebook the September bc I THREE free on an inside.And does the ta part matter?

This is my first NCL cruise. All right so I want to be sure about this. I am booked on Getaway on May 15th, paid in full spa haven. I also have an inside cabin on a 4 day sky cruise in December, through NCL and a 7 day inside on Escape in September 2016 through a TA. Both of those are just deposited but have great perks associated with them.

If I buy 2 certificates in May, can I use either of them or both on those bookings. I do not wish to rebook the September bc I THREE free on an inside.And does the ta part matter?

2 per stateroom is a limited time only promotion.

You can call and ask! Pretty sure the cruise in May will work with 2!

I am booked on Getaway on May 15th, paid in full spa haven. I also have an inside cabin on a 4 day sky cruise in December, through NCL and a 7 day inside on Escape in September 2016 through a TA. Both of those are just deposited but have great perks associated with them.

You are supposed to go through your TA for everything that involves paying for your cruise, and technically the CruiseNext deposit is a deposit (i.e. you use it to create a new booking). But in the past they have allowed exceptions to both policies, so I would recommend buying the deposits on board in May, and calling the CruiseNext office a few days after you get home. If they don't let you apply the deposits to your two existing bookings, and you don't plan to make any other bookings beofre your next cruise, ask them to refund you.