The upsell fairy

Tashmoogirl

I just got an email from the "upsell department" offering me an free upgrade. I am booked on a Breakaway cruise Jan 21 in an aft balcony. they offered me a free upgrade on a Nov. 29 cruise to a mini suite. I don't think so! They should have offered me a haven balcony for my cruise date for a little $$,and I would have jumped. Am I right?

I just got an email from the "upsell department" offering me an free upgrade. I am booked on a Breakaway cruise Jan 21 in an aft balcony. they offered me a free upgrade on a Nov. 29 cruise to a mini suite. I don't think so! They should have offered me a haven balcony for my cruise date for a little $$,and I would have jumped. Am I right?

We got the same email today, we sail Jan 17th also aft cabin. Are you sure you have the right date, the cruise dates for Jan are the 3, 17 & 31, all being 12 days?

Wouldn't want you to show up at the pier on the 21st and find the ship gone.

Edited by Ilovesailing

This is not considered an upsel, in which you pay more $$$ for a better cabin. This is a moveover offer; a little better catagory for a different date. Not a good offer as explained above.

Sailing on January 31 and I received the same e mail today. Why are they trying to change people. Because of mobility problems I picked my cabin as close as I could to elevator so I am very happy where I am. Can't see what more a mini suite would give me?

We're sailing in March and I got the same offer to move to a Sept -Dec cruise and upgrade to a mini-suite. I found out recently our March sailing coincides with some of the Spring Breaks so I was thinking they were trying to move people from these sailings to make room for college students.

This is interesting -- quite a few here have seemed to have received similar e-mails today.

Ours was for our April, 2016 cruise. We have a balcony and they offered us a free upgrade to a mini-suite if we voluntarily move our cruise to dates in Nov. and Dec., 2015.

Won't be happening with us. Travelling with 2 other couples and the dates aren't going to work with them either.

This is interesting -- quite a few here have seemed to have received similar e-mails today.

Ours was for our April' date=' 2016 cruise. We have a balcony and they offered us a free upgrade to a mini-suite if we voluntarily move our cruise to dates in Nov. and Dec., 2015.

Won't be happening with us. Travelling with 2 other couples and the dates aren't going to work with them either.[/quote']

Agreed; we were offered the same thing. What they are offering is not really an upgrade either. :rolleyes: