Taking a case of water on board

I've not had problems with drinks in checked luggage either. Last time we went to Bermuda my wife and I each had a suitcase for clothes and we also brought a third suitcase and loaded it with a case of water, a case of iced tea, and some soda. No problems at all and then you also end up with an empty suitcase for souvenirs, etc., for the trip back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There is no reason to take water on board as you won't get better filtered water than on board. Take couple large bottles then refill as you go.

I wish folks could understand that many of us take bottled water for different reasons and they won't have to continue saying that there's no reason to take water on board.

For me, I do drink the ship's water when I'm at the buffet or in the MDR or other restaurants. However, I do want to keep bottled water in my cabin to have at night or first thing in the morning or any other time I'm in my cabin. I am not drinking the bathroom faucet water. I don't do that at home, so I won't do it on a ship. I also am not going out late at night or early am to find water, so it's easier to have it already in my cabin.

:)

thanks for everyones help with this and we'll give it a try this saturday. Ill let you know if we get sent to the 'naughty' room. Not big deal though, the bag will only have water in it so we'll get to it when we get to it...

thanks again.

No problem for us this year (April) on the Getaway. We purchased a large case of water and put it in a duffel bag which i tagged. When were arrived to the terminal we checked it in curbside. I gave the man a few extra dollars for his trouble and that was it. It was waiting outside our room with all our luggage. I was prepared to carry it onboard myself but the gentleman insisted it was easier if I checked it in.

do it while we can. There was a news article on TV last week, stating that Carnival will be disallowing water-bottles to be carried on their ships by passengers. Why, because people were smuggling booze in the water bottles.

OH MY.

I kinda understand that. We were on carnival dream a couple years ago and people were bragging on how much booze they smuggled on where when we were on Epic, we didnt hear those comments. Maybe the UBP reduces the need/want to do that.

Did they say why because i was more concerned about the packaging, not the fact that it wasnt allowed. I havent seen anything on NCLs website forbidding bottled water.

It was because they thought I might be smuggling alcohol. I had to open my luggage in front of them so they could check the bottles. Carry-on is the way to go to avoid the naughty room.