Regal angled balcony cabins

lovevacadays

I'm noticing that some are angled toward the front of the ship and some to the back of the ship. The ones on Dolphin deck angled forward have about 10 more square feet. Has anyone stayed in one of the angled forward cabins? I'm wondering if there is much wind on the balcony?

That has been mentioned if you do a search you should find it. Some have said they didn't use the balcony on certain days due to wind. Guess all depends on itinerary, wind direction and speed when moving.

We had one of the angled balconies on the Royal on Emerald deck - E109 - and loved it. It does not have the clear panel, since it is in the bulkhead, but the space was lovely as our 3 children were in an inside and could come over and use our balcony - if we opened the door when they knocked...... loads of room and we didn't miss the clear panel since I'm usually the one enjoying to stand right at the edge to see everything. No wind issues that I remember.

Lido-301 & 302, I call the dream rooms. Giant balconys, neighbors only on one side and below, covered, and only 50 steps (I counted) to the bar! Never any problem with the wind on the balcony or noise from the exit corridor outside the room. Good luck getting one of these rooms. They go first.

Lido-301 & 302, I call the dream rooms. Giant balconys, neighbors only on one side and below, covered, and only 50 steps (I counted) to the bar! Never any problem with the wind on the balcony or noise from the exit corridor outside the room. Good luck getting one of these rooms. They go first.

Nice tip. We booked Dolphin 4244 I'll check out those Lido cabins you mentioned. I take it no noise from above?

Nice tip. We booked Dolphin 4244 I'll check out those Lido cabins you mentioned. I take it no noise from above?

Not at night,(when it matters). During the day i'm more flex about a few bumps from above. Love the location!

Had a angled balcony on the Royal - D410. Loved the balcony and loved the cabin. No wind problem. (Great TV and movies) Don

That's good to know, regarding the wind, and is as I expected. We booked D409 for our upcoming cruise on the Royal in November, which is the "mirror" cabin on the starboard side.

Logically, cabins on the "aft side" of the "point" on the midships bump outs should not have a wind issue. We had E429 on the Regal last year and loved the large balcony and had no wind issue at all.

We've booked C429 on the Regal for a cruise next year and are interested to hear any reports about wind on this balcony which is on the "forward side" of the "point". I don't expect it to be a concern, but would be curious to hear any personal experiences.

RegalC429_zps1bsccyqn.png

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere