Bran Muffins

cruzfiend

Well, just a “thank you” for this bran muffin discussion. It inspired me to buy All-Bran at the grocery today and I made a dozen bran muffins. I can’t compare them with Celebrity’s muffins, as I don’t remember eating them on board. Oh well.

I will be sailing RCCL in October. I love Bran Muffins. Are these available in the buffet, MDR, Diamond Lounge? I would love to try one.

On Celebrity I skip the bran muffin and opt for the chocolate croissant.

The bran muffins on RCCL are the best but I don't mind them on Celebrity.

We would order them every morning (at Blu) and discovered that there are at least two kinds of bran muffins they serve. Most of the time they had the type that had a few white oats on the top---those were the best! Sometimes they had the type that had the little bran twigs on top---those were pretty dry and not worth eating more than a bite or two from the top. Hopefully on your cruise you'll find the oat ones!

My experience on our annual two-week Eclipse voyage is that the bran muffins in the buffet do not compare favorably with the smaller but tastier bran muffins served in the Tuscany Elite breakfast. Still, even a dry bran muffin is better than no bran muffin because it can usually be remedied with orange marmalade or even peanut butter in a pinch.

The poster above who prepared his own bran muffins from All-Bran most likely had the best bran muffins of all and I'd love to try one. Yummy!

• 1 year later...
I know that I am asking a lot but does anyone have a picture of the bran muffins served on Celebrity?

We're just off the Equinox. This is our 25th Celebrity Cruise. Sorry to say they did not have any bran muffins in the dining area or buffet. Their may have been some in Café Bacio. I had a wonderful Carrot Muffin there. The closest thing I saw in the buffet was oatmeal muffins. I do remember having great bran muffins in the years past.

My experience on our annual two-week Eclipse voyage is that the bran muffins in the buffet do not compare favorably with the smaller but tastier bran muffins served in the Tuscany Elite breakfast. Still, even a dry bran muffin is better than no bran muffin because it can usually be remedied with orange marmalade or even peanut butter in a pinch.

The poster above who prepared his own bran muffins from All-Bran most likely had the best bran muffins of all and I'd love to try one. Yummy!

There were no bran muffins in the Tuscan Elite breakfast on our recent Equinox cruise. We were there every morning and I even asked for them.

I have found that the muffins are different in selection and taste depending which ship you are on. Years ago the Constellation had the worst muffins. After inquiring I found out that they were made sugarless! We sailed on that ship 7 different times and I didn't think they improved. Other ships had excellent muffins. I think it depends on the head chef of each ship.