hotel and ground transportation

gryfoxmama

First time with Norwegian out of Miami.

16 of us flying in day early to Ft Lauderdale in Feb 2016

We did DCL before and they handled the details and not sure how to best manage.

- Preferable to stay night near hotel or to port? Hotel recommendations?

- Cheapest but dependable way to get 16 and luggage to hotel and port and back.

Whom would you suggest?

- After our Disney cruise we sat for HOURS at airport because of Disney recommended flight scheduling suggestions. What time would most of you recommend for booking flight (return to Illinois)

First time with Norwegian out of Miami.

16 of us flying in day early to Ft Lauderdale in Feb 2016

We did DCL before and they handled the details and not sure how to best manage.

- Preferable to stay night near hotel or to port? Hotel recommendations?

- Cheapest but dependable way to get 16 and luggage to hotel and port and back.

Whom would you suggest?

- After our Disney cruise we sat for HOURS at airport because of Disney recommended flight scheduling suggestions. What time would most of you recommend for booking flight (return to Illinois)

If your flight arrives early in the day get a transfer to Miami & stay near the port

if late day arrival stay in FLL & take a shuttle to POM in the morning

Budget for hotel???

Some of the shuttle companies offer a private shuttle check Go shuttle SAS, Larry's limo maybe others will have suggestions

none will be cheap

Sometime the savings of flying into FLL are eaten up with the transfers to Miami

Book noon or later for the return flights

again look at SAS usually run about $15-18 pp

good luck

If your flight arrives early in the day get a transfer to Miami & stay near the port

if late day arrival stay in FLL & take a shuttle to POM in the morning

Budget for hotel???

Some of the shuttle companies offer a private shuttle check Go shuttle SAS, Larry's limo maybe others will have suggestions

none will be cheap

Sometime the savings of flying into FLL are eaten up with the transfers to Miami

Book noon or later for the return flights

again look at SAS usually run about $15-18 pp

good luck

Thanks for the info.

We let DCL do all the details and the their ground transportation was expensive although we didn't have have to worry about a thing. Live and learn!! If I remember it was like $50-75 per person for round trip WDW to Port Canaveral

We would like a pool...run off the energy from the kids hopefully. Is $150 night going to get us anything decent? Pool & clean are top priority. Free shuttle from hotel & pier would be great.

Thanks for the info.

We let DCL do all the details and the their ground transportation was expensive although we didn't have have to worry about a thing. Live and learn!! If I remember it was like $50-75 per person for round trip WDW to Port Canaveral

We would like a pool...run off the energy from the kids hopefully. Is $150 night going to get us anything decent? Pool & clean are top priority. Free shuttle from hotel & pier would be great.

February is the height of the high season - especially around Presidents day weekend (and week - it seems lots of schools systems have that week off). How many rooms are you looking for? Would 2 bedroom suites work? If so, in Fort Lauderdale look at Embassy Suites, Residence Inn, Doubletree Gallery One but I think they will all be more than $150 a night.

Edited by capriccio

No free shuttles from most hotels in Miami

depends on the day what hotel prices will be check trip advisor for Miami if you are planning to stay there overnight

Holiday Inn port of Miami has a pool I think

Hampton Inn Brickell does as well

Maybe other people will have some suggestions on Miami hotels

No free shuttles from most hotels in Miami

depends on the day what hotel prices will be check trip advisor for Miami if you are planning to stay there overnight

Holiday Inn port of Miami has a pool I think

Hampton Inn Brickell does as well

Maybe other people will have some suggestions on Miami hotels

Thanks for your fast reply! I will check these out!!

February is the height of the high season - especially around Presidents day weekend (and week - it seems lots of schools systems have that week off). How many rooms are you looking for? Would 2 bedroom suites work? If so, in Fort Lauderdale look at Embassy Suites, Residence Inn, Doubletree Gallery One but I think they will all be more than $150 a night.

20 people going / five rooms but I will check the 2 bedroom suites as you suggested. If I have to pay more- get hotel and maybe continental breakfast inc

- Would you know what hotels have shuttles from Ft Lauderdale airport?

- What shuttle services would pu at those hotels and take to miami port?

20 people going / five rooms but I will check the 2 bedroom suites as you suggested. If I have to pay more- get hotel and maybe continental breakfast inc

- Would you know what hotels have shuttles from Ft Lauderdale airport?

- What shuttle services would pu at those hotels and take to miami port?

Take a look at http://www.sunny.org for Fort Lauderdale lodgings. Those with shuttles from the airport are listed (although I would verify on the hotel's individual websites). Are you all arriving on the same flight? If so 20 people might be too many for an airport shuttle - in that case I would look at the company Marie51 recommends. To get to Miami do a search on this board for shuttles from Fort Lauderdale to Port Of Miami - you'll get lots of recommendations and given the number of passengers you may get a discount since I would think that you will fill an entire shuttle (or 2).

Take a look at http://www.sunny.org for Fort Lauderdale lodgings. Those with shuttles from the airport are listed (although I would verify on the hotel's individual websites). Are you all arriving on the same flight? If so 20 people might be too many for an airport shuttle - in that case I would look at the company Marie51 recommends. To get to Miami do a search on this board for shuttles from Fort Lauderdale to Port Of Miami - you'll get lots of recommendations and given the number of passengers you may get a discount since I would think that you will fill an entire shuttle (or 2).

I am falling in love with cruise critic!!

Real live people with experience and the love of cruising!!!

I was stressing over having to make all these details work but with all the advise I am receiving I am feeling better!!

I will check this info out after dinner

:rolleyes:

I am falling in love with cruise critic!!

Real live people with experience and the love of cruising!!!

I was stressing over having to make all these details work but with all the advise I am receiving I am feeling better!!

I will check this info out after dinner

:rolleyes:

here is link the list of hotels that do shuttles from airport and to port.

http://www.sunny.org/cruise-and-play/hotels-with-shuttles/

Thanks again

here is link the list of hotels that do shuttles from airport and to port.

http://www.sunny.org/cruise-and-play/hotels-with-shuttles/

Thanks again

Keep in mind that some hotels may have a shuttle but it is not free. They charge per person so the cost can add up.

For a large group you might look at the Doubletree Gallery One. Rooms have a bedroom with 2 double beds and a living room with a sofa bed and a small kitchen although we did not use it as we were there for just one night. The Embassy Suites has the same set up.

We also recently stayed at the Renaissance and the B Ocean Resort. All of these have a pool. In fact B Ocean Resort has a very nice pool and is right on the beach.

Keep in mind that some hotels may have a shuttle but it is not free. They charge per person so the cost can add up.

For a large group you might look at the Doubletree Gallery One. Rooms have a bedroom with 2 double beds and a living room with a sofa bed and a small kitchen although we did not use it as we were there for just one night. The Embassy Suites has the same set up.

We also recently stayed at the Renaissance and the B Ocean Resort. All of these have a pool. In fact B Ocean Resort has a very nice pool and is right on the beach.

Thanks for the hotel names...I will be checking these out also.

What ground transportation did you use?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the hotel names...I will be checking these out also.

What ground transportation did you use?

For 10 of us I used Johns Car Service from airport to hotel and hotel to ship. Also after the cruise from ship back to airport.

If only 3-4 of us we take a cab.

For 10 of us I used Johns Car Service from airport to hotel and hotel to ship. Also after the cruise from ship back to airport.

If only 3-4 of us we take a cab

thanks for replying. I will check them out!!