I hope they made it back!

BK512

My husband and I just returned from a getaway to Victoria.

Last night we were at an Irish Pub, and there was a table of rather rowdy men next to ours, drinking and having a great time. A few other men came by and asked if they were going to the crew bar later, which prompted me to tell my husband I thought they were cruise crew.

The Legend was the only cruise ship in port at the time.

The waitress came over to us as we were paying the bill and preparing to leave, and asked if we, too, were with the cruise ship, and I said no (But I wish I had been sailing on one!). She kind of nodded her head at the men and said "the ship leaves very soon"

We left the bar well after 11pm, and the men were still at the table when we left. I don't know how long it would take to get a cab and get back to the ship, but I know it sailed at 11:59, and since I could see it from my hotel room, I know it left on time........

PS...the day before there was a big Princess ship in port that had the ugliest 'bridge' across the back...definitely not my style

Wonder how often the crew misses the ship.

Not too often. Many only get a few hours onshore, not the whole day. They'll get pages like any other soul onboard. Once we heard one of the comedians get paged. Made it just in the nick of time.

The 'shopping handle' on the Princess ship is a lounge and dance venue. Very nice inside. The ramp is steep so there's a moving sidewalk to help you get up there.

PS...the day before there was a big Princess ship in port that had the ugliest 'bridge' across the back...definitely not my style

That ship was probally The Caribbean Princess , That "bridge" Is a disco up there 20th floor on the ship , It is different getting up there you ride an escalator to get up there , Room fills with a fog ,spot lights , lighted floor , It is nice up there

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/

Edited by Crusin Hogs

That ship was probally The Caribbean Princess , That "bridge" Is a disco up there 20th floor on the ship , It is different getting up there you ride an escalator to get up there , Room fills with a fog ,spot lights , lighted floor , It is nice up there

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/

Yes, it is really nice.

Not too often. Many only get a few hours onshore, not the whole day. They'll get pages like any other soul onboard. Once we heard one of the comedians get paged. Made it just in the nick of time.

The 'shopping handle' on the Princess ship is a lounge and dance venue. Very nice inside. The ramp is steep so there's a moving sidewalk to help you get up there.

I wonder if missing the ship due to drinking would get them fired?