Serenade of the Seas New England/Canada

Thinking about doing next fall, yeah two cruises in one year, a NE/Canada cruise. This particular one is Boston Round Trip 7 nights calling on Portland, ME; Bar Harbor, ME; St John's, NS, and Halifax, NS.

Anyone have any insight on this one?

Thinking about doing next fall, yeah two cruises in one year, a NE/Canada cruise. This particular one is Boston Round Trip 7 nights calling on Portland, ME; Bar Harbor, ME; St John's, NS, and Halifax, NS.

We have done that cruise in previous years on other Radiance class ships and enjoyed it very much. Great itinerary (Halifax is one of my favorite Canadian cities), Bar Harbor is wonderful and we absolutely love Radiance class ships. If Clodagh O'Connor is the CD on your cruise you are in for a real treat. If you have any specific questions about the itinerary or the ship, someone on these boards is likely to have the answers.

• 3 weeks later...

It is a great itinerary. If you are looking for fall foliage, make sure you book mid October. If you book in September you will only see green leaves for the most part with a little color. There will also be a cool crisp in the air, so you will have to pack to layer.

All locations are a little hilly, so make sure you have some good walking shoes.

Shopping is great in the fall since the cruise lines are getting ready to head south for the winter. So if anyone in your party likes to shop, they can score some nice deals.

If you can, spend some time post-cruise here in Boston. Fall is a beautiful time of year and you could rent a car and drive around New England enjoying the fall foliage. You could do a day trip to Newport, RI to see the mansions or spend a few days up in Vermont visiting the Ben & Jerry's factory.

I spent 5 years living and working in L.A. before moving to Boston and it is a totally different vibe here in New England. Make sure you bring plenty of memory cards for your camera. You'll be taking lots of pictures!

Oh, and because you are thinking of a fall cruise in New England, make sure you get trip insurance because it is hurricane season and we do get the remnants of hurricanes in October sometimes. Sandy comes to mind. I don't think any cruises were delayed, but you never know with the weather. Your flights might be delayed, too, but probably won't.

• 3 months later...

I just booked for next October. We tend to lean towards tropical cruises, but we wanted a quick, cheaper, closer-to-home cruise and always talk about going o Nova Scotia. I REALLY need to learn about this line, and look into what other changes we'll have to be ready for (never been on a cruise ship in the fall!) :)