The Dawn

We are thinking about taking a winter cruise in Dec '16 out on NOLA. It will be 2 adults and 2 13 yo girls. Is the Dawn a good ship for teen girls or are they going to get bored easily? What activities are there to do on sea days both for them and us?

HI,

The dawn is a lovely ships she is not as big as the new ships. Theres always something to do…theres all kids of activities and theres always the kids club. They have special events for teens… Have a ball

There really isn't much on the Dawn for kids that age other than the main pool (no slides) and the teen club. At least there are two of them together so hopefully they can hang out together and do the teen club.

We love the Dawn. Sailed on her three times. Twice on Western Carib cruise. Never with kids you age.

That said, they will only need to fill two sea days with activities. Everything I have read tells me that they are a good age for Teen Club.

They should be able to find plenty of cruise friends to fill their time.

I took my (then) 9 and 16 y.o. daughter on this cruise last year (Jewel). I never heard they were bored and in fact they asked to go on the exact itinerary on the Dawn next year (11 and 18 y.o). Only downside for a single older teen is the number of times (always late at night) she was 'disappeared'. We are taking her BF this time so I will be a little calmer knowing she is not alone.

It is all in the timing. You are sailing in December, probably when kids are out of school and lots of families will be cruising. There will be many their ages in that case and that makes all the difference. Have a great cruise!