March 6, 2015 Eurodam Cancellation

ithaca gal

I don't know how to change the heading on this to read MARCH 6, 2016!!! Thanks, CruiserBruce for pointing out the error on the year!!!

Is there anyone else who booked this Anniversary Sale cruise only to find out this week that the cruise

(a) has had an itinerary change

or

(b) has been cancelled?

My TA is working with HAL but after checking with me and having me tell her that I am okay with an itinerary change, a different HAL employee said that the sailing is CANCELLED, not just going through an itinerary change. Best guess is that it has been chartered.

HAL listed a few alternate cruises that would still carry the Anniversary Sale perks but I found one that would STILL allow me to book the Family Retreat Cabana that I had already booked on the Eurodam. HAL said that wasn't one of their alternatives so I would LOSE the Anniversary Sale perks. (Even though I did not want to cancel my original Eurodam booking!)

What makes this harder to deal with is that we had booked the ll day sailing in November on the Eurodam, only to have HAL shorten it to 8 days and eliminate St. Vincent and St. Croix. So, this is our SECOND "cancellation" or almost complete itinerary change within the last month or so!

Edited by ithaca gal
Wrong Year! Should say March 6, 2016

Sorry that this has happened to you.

Hope you get everything straightened out.

HAL cancelled quite a few cruises for the Nieuw Amsterdam for this fall -- 2015. Not because of a charter but because HAL decided to extend the Nieuw Amsterdam's European season. It affected a Transatlantic and a couple of Caribbean cruises -- and maybe one other European cruise -- I am not certain about that.

Charter by a Gospel Music Cruise. I was rebooked by my PCC on the 1/24, same ship-same itinerary and got the OBC for the inconvenience.

When a cruise cancels, the most likely explanation is a charter. Any cruise line will cancel a scheduled sailing to accommodate a charter.

Charters are guaranteed revenue.

When a cruise cancels, the most likely explanation is a charter. Any cruise line will cancel a scheduled sailing to accommodate a charter.

Charters are guaranteed revenue.

Oh yes. It makes absolute business sense. It would be nice, however, if they were more transparent about it. The original email came out as an itinerary change, not a cancellation. It would've eliminated a lot of confusion if they had just said that any reservations on this cruise would be canceled

My TA got several different answers when she talked to different people at HAL