NCL UK - Freestyle Choice Spectacular

doconner

Has anyone from the UK used the ncl.co.uk site to book a cruise under the Freestyle Choice Spectacular" promotion currently going on, or something similar in the past?

Its the promotion offering the choice of either the drinks package, dining package, and so on.

I can't seem to figure out if the Oct 18th sailing of the Epic is included in the promotion, and a mock booking doesn't seem to offer the choice of any of the options.

In fact, none of the random mock bookings I have done has flagged up this promotion. Is there a way to confirm which sailings are included?

I've tried phoning, but get the 'offices are currently closed' recording.

Thanks for any help. This will be my first time booking with NCL, so not sure if I'm just missing something obvious.

Cheers,

In the USA and Canada, this promotion is eligible on all sailings, as long as they are booked prior to July 31. NCL's website is not always the most user friendly.

Would you see something about the promotion during a mock booking, or do you make the choice after the booking is complete?

I am not sure how the UK site works, but with ncl.com you select your cruise, cabin type, etc and then enter a promo code for whichever perk you are wanting to apply against your booking.

Would you see something about the promotion during a mock booking, or do you make the choice after the booking is complete?

When I booked NCL Jade in June they had a yellow box that came up explaining the different options and that this booking would automatically be assigned the UBP, and to call if you wanted a different option.

I made a booking for the NCL Epic in November and January last week and there was no indication of the offer during the checkout process, but when I received the booking confirmation UBP was included as a zero charge item.

I screenshotted the offer and terms just in case this didn't happen. The girls in NCL 'U.K.' customer service are worse than terrible.

http://www.ncl.co.uk/offers/freestyle-choice-spectacular/

Book a cruise of 5 to 16 nights sailing from 1 October 2015 in ANY STATEROOM and choose your FREE offer*.

Thanks for the attempt to be helpful, however from: http://www.ncl.co.uk/offers/freestyle-choice-spectacular/terms/

it says:

... This offer is applicable to new bookings only made between 01 June 2015 to 31 July 2015 for selected sailings of 5 to 16 nights departing from 01 October 2015 and staying in a Studio, Inside, Oceanview, Balcony, Mini Suite, Suite & Haven category stateroom...

It caveats with 'selected sailings'

It is frustrating that during the booking process there is no indication if the offer is included for a particular booking. I'll just phone up in the morning.

Thanks agin

We phoned up to check as we couldn't find anywhere on the UK site which confirmed that our cruise qualified (its a 7 nighter in December). NCL told us that we could book online but there was no way to select our perk so we would need to phone them afterwards to add it so I don't think there is a way to check online!

We phoned up to check as we couldn't find anywhere on the UK site which confirmed that our cruise qualified (its a 7 nighter in December). NCL told us that we could book online but there was no way to select our perk so we would need to phone them afterwards to add it so I don't think there is a way to check online!

That's not the case, if you book online you only need to call if you want to change from UBP. The girls are on commission so do anything to get you to book on the phone.

QUOTE: I can't seem to figure out if the Oct 18th sailing of the Epic is included.

We are on this sailing and have the UBP. We booked through a travel agent and were not given a choice of perks only that a free drinks package was included for balcony and above.

It is also worth trying to get on the USA site and getting a price from a TA over there. I've just booked NCL Jade and it was significantly cheaper to book with a TA over there and it also included UBP even with an inside cabin which wasn't available through UK site. Sometime it works the other way round, e.g. our Epic cruise for next year was much cheaper booked through UK agent.

QUOTE: I can't seem to figure out if the Oct 18th sailing of the Epic is included.

We are on this sailing and have the UBP. We booked through a travel agent and were not given a choice of perks only that a free drinks package was included for balcony and above.

The cruise programme with that fat Scouser also doesn't make mention of any options......just the UBP.

A previous poster (sorry cant find their name at mo) has suggested using this page http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship to avoid the auto selection of ncl.co.uk.

I just checked your cruise by this method aand you could select various offers including UBP. A balcony was $699 so about £466 (at 1-1.50).

There are othe american websites (not sure im allowed to list them) that have the UBP offer.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I spoke to them on the phone today and confirmed that this sailing is included in the promotion.

I also learned that booking in the UK, the promotion for the UBP continues to include the 18% gratuity in the price which was a nice surprise.

Thanks again everyone,

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I spoke to them on the phone today and confirmed that this sailing is included in the promotion.

I also learned that booking in the UK, the promotion for the UBP continues to include the 18% gratuity in the price which was a nice surprise.

Thanks again everyone,

Thanks for the info on the 18% on the UBP. Never occurred to me that the UK would have different rules on this.

Eh?? Can you just run that one past me? What fat scouser and what cruise programme?

Watch us all day on Sky 256 & Freeview 55 between 6 and 7pm

This one............

presenters-john.jpg

John Cooper - The Cruise Show & Cruise @ 6!

Born in Liverpool, John’s first Job was working as a clerk on Liverpool docks. With the smell of the sea air, it wasn't long before he looked further afield, and at the age of 20, decided to become a holiday rep in Spain for a year. That year in the sun turned out to last ten! He was eventually coaxed back to the UK, where he became the overseas manager for a major tour operator, with responsibility for not only recruiting and training the entire overseas team, but also contracting overseas hotels and writing brochures. After years of flying all around the world on a weekly basis, John was given the opportunity to present the Breakfast show on a radio station in the North West, which he took, surprising many of his colleagues. He then spent the next 10 years getting up at ‘Stupid O’Clock’. In 2008 John decided to hang up his headphones and join the Vision Cruise team, where he has become the face of the company on the cruise programmes he presents every day.

I've only ever watched the one hour show on Freeview. I'd end up slitting my wrists watching it all day long. I never know his name was John Cooper either till today......I suspect he's a legend in his own lunchtime.

Yes it's included in the UK, were also on that sailing. There are a couple of UK TAs doing it with flights and perks and it's 599 each for a balcony, offer ends 17th July.

What? Booked through UK site offer better perks and cheaper fare than US? Can you booked for us and we'll pay you? :D