World Cruise vs Lots of Cruises!!

babs135

We started to cruise in 2009. Since then we have been on six cruises, four of those were world cruises.

We just got off 35 days cruise to Ireland, Scotland, Norway and Iceland. After the cruise we took the train from Amsterdam to Berlin, Prague, Vienna. We are now in Budapest. On Wednesday we will fly to Florence, Italy to visit my daughter for a week. Then we will take a train to Geneva for a few days, then to Lyon to spend some time with my family.

Next year we are going on 180 days cruise on Insignia. We just booked 67 days South America Grand Voyager on Prinsedam for 2017. We prefer long cruises.

Happy Cruising

M

Edited by Porthopper101

I have been on the teeter totter of this question for some time. At first, it was hands down an ATW cruise. Then I started to read about the shorter trips and personalized areas. Then I got to thinking, what is it about the ATW cruise I am wanting out of it. For me, I am totally different than most people. I want to be away from home and family and friends for the 3 months. I want the experience of being on a ship for 3 months. I am not into the entertainment on the ship, so the boredom never sets in for me. I figured after I get my "taste" of the world, I will go back to the areas I loved the most. I have been around the world pretty extensively already, so for me, its the ship aspect of it just as much as all the different ports. So, definitely an ATW cruise vote for me.

A hypothetical question:

A World Cruise is on your wish list; you suddenly come into some money, enough to pay for the dream trip but wait, do you

a) Book the cruise, spend all the money and have a fantastic time

or

b) Take a step back and realise that instead of just the one cruise, you could afford to have LOTS of cruises.

Which would you do? BTW, I don't know the answer myself.

Personally, I would go for the several cruises. As much as I love cruising, being on a cruise ship that long does not appeal to me at all. 2 weeks is pretty much my max before I want off.