Navigator balconies on hump

Does anyone know if you have balconies on the hump, can it still connect to the balcony next to it? We always have multiple rooms and we like to open the door in between.... Thanks!

Yes, it is possible to open the balcony dividers, but it's up to the ship's management if it will be allowed.

• 2 months later...
I see that OS 1320 is the best OS cabin on the hump. Would OS 1314 or 1328 be a nice cabin to get or should I go off the hump and grab OS 1300 since OS 1320 is already gone. Thanks!!!!!

I would stay on the hump. I feel that the view from 1314 or 1328 would be better than 1300, because you are still extended out from the ship.

thanks very much. ok so do you like 1314 or 1328 better?

if no preference please state that. thanks again.

Someone else may know of a reason to choose one over the other, but they are equivalent in my eyes.

Just returned and will be posting a long review, please be patient with the spelling and grammar.

PORT PARKING....we chose to park at the Port of Galveston parking. You park in lot B and stand outside of your vehicle and wait for shuttle to pick you and your luggage. The employees are not super friendly and don't explain directions or anything.

EMBARKATION...easiest and fastest ever. We got to the port at 1020 and were parked and on the ship before 11. There were no lines whatsoever. Lines seemed to start around 12 to 230. We gave our bags to the porter which was super easy!

We chose to walk around and you can go to level 12 and get to look through the glass and into the bridge. We found it to be super interesting. If you are up high for sail away it is harder to see the dolphins which were all over the place. We really liked going to the bow. You get off on deck 5 and walk through the star lounge and boom you are at the bow. You can also get off on level 4 and walk towards the bow, walking up steps.

The Cafe Promenade has several small sandwiches to choose from. Roast beef, ham and brie, vegetable, turkey, and a mixed meat muffalata. There are two types of pizza offered on day one, every other day is three. Pizza is not bad at all. There are also several desserts and two types of cookies. Ice tea, lemonade, water, coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate are offered for free 24/7.

Windjammer was nice. There is a huge selection. There are several Indian dishes, Asian, hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, pasta, salad. There is certainly something for everyone. Again the drinks are available either by you walking to the drink station or asking the server walking around to get it for you.

Typical cruise, they are trying to sale the beverage packages and specialty restaurants. Warning, the single drinks are very expensive. While in port of Texas, taxes are added on top of the 18 percent added gratuity. We ordered two drinks for sail away and total was 22.

The lifeboat drill is pretty painless. We take safety seriously and were disappointed to see drunk idiots laughing and joking and causing a disturbance.

I will finish later......there is sooooooo much I want to share

I see that OS 1320 is the best OS cabin on the hump. Would OS 1314 or 1328 be a nice cabin to get or should I go off the hump and grab OS 1300 since OS 1320 is already gone. Thanks!!!!!

We have stayed in 1314 twice and have it reserved again when we will be on Navigator in Jan 2017. We like it because you can see forward so I think it depends on which way you want to look. Some might think 1320 is best because you can see better both directions but since it is gone the choice is up to you. Either way, Owners Suites are great!

I'll let you know in a few weeks what we thing about 1328 - that's where we are staying for out Oct. 18th cruise on Navigator. I was in the same position as you - choices were 1314 or 1328. I had read one or two negative comments about wind on the forward-facing hump balconies, so I chose 1328. I also found photos of 1314 and videos of 1328 online. I can't post links as they are on other websites, but if you search for them, you'll find them.

i think the one question right off the bat would be this. how much privacy will the balcony have? it looks to me that OS 1330 (just aft) could see right into the balcony of 1328. of course I am looking at a picture so that might not be the case. that would be one thing I would love to now when you get back.

Just got off we were on the 6th floor and had the middle Balcony, on each side the rooms were connected. Made it a nice big balcony, thought ours were on the small side but enjoy being able to see stern to bow.

The Man

We're going to be on deck 8, right in the middle. Did your balcony have two chairs and a small table, or just two chairs?

Our cruise (9/13/15) had a high wind blow through our balcony dividing door of 8350 and sent it crashing against the ship at 2 am. It was so windy it forced the latch out of the lock even though it was locked!

I think you are wise to choose a cabin on the back side of the hump to avoid any direct hit by the wind that may arise. I enjoyed watching the wake and the trail of smoke from the stacks looking behind the ship.