Top Chef Shore Excursions

eadien7

Booked on the Top Chef sailing on the Reflection in November. The promo for the cruise states

"Chef-hosted Shore Excursions** Join the chefs ashore! Some chefs will host specially chosen shore excursions that let you experience the destinations with them."

Of course, there are no Chef-hosted Shore Excursions to book on the website. So my question - did they have chef-hosted excursions on last year's cruise? If so, did you have to book on board?

I did the Top Chef November 2014 on Reflection.

You will have an AWESOME time!!!!

If you can figure out a way to find my Cruise Critic Review from last year (date search through to Nov 2015?)... I reviewed the Top Chef part.

My daughter and I had a fabulous time!!!!

We are booked on Silhouette for Nov 15; and it is so very tempting to change sailings!!!

I will say this - Tiffany Derry is one of the most personable people. Book and excursion with her, if you have the choice. I did the private cooking class. I had heard that Nina Compton taught her class and then took off right away. Tiffany, dined with us, drank wine with us, gave autographs, took pictures etc. She chatted with each and every one. Really was a memorable cruise.

It's fun seeing them around the ship too. Spent most nights sitting at black jack table with the Top Chefs and all but one were incredibly friendly. It looks like you have a great group on your sailing.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION - Chef excursions were not part of the 2014 sailing. THis is new for this year.

Edited by Queen of Oakville

I did the Top Chef November 2014 on Reflection.

You will have an AWESOME time!!!!

If you can figure out a way to find my Cruise Critic Review from last year (date search through to Nov 2015?)... I reviewed the Top Chef part.

My daughter and I had a fabulous time!!!!

We are booked on Silhouette for Nov 15; and it is so very tempting to change sailings!!!

I will say this - Tiffany Derry is one of the most personable people. Book and excursion with her, if you have the choice. I did the private cooking class. I had heard that Nina Compton taught her class and then took off right away. Tiffany, dined with us, drank wine with us, gave autographs, took pictures etc. She chatted with each and every one. Really was a memorable cruise.

It's fun seeing them around the ship too. Spent most nights sitting at black jack table with the Top Chefs and all but one were incredibly friendly. It looks like you have a great group on your sailing.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION - Chef excursions were not part of the 2014 sailing. THis is new for this year.

Thanks. I was just getting ready to search for your review again because I couldn't remember if you had said Nina or Tiffany. Now we are waiting for the cooking classes and dinners to show up in the website to book. The two shore excursions are not culinary related so we are going to skip them.

Booked on the Top Chef sailing on the Reflection in November. The promo for the cruise states

"Chef-hosted Shore Excursions** Join the chefs ashore! Some chefs will host specially chosen shore excursions that let you experience the destinations with them."

Of course, there are no Chef-hosted Shore Excursions to book on the website. So my question - did they have chef-hosted excursions on last year's cruise? If so, did you have to book on board?

Being married to a chef,we certainly hope they will have these on Eclipse in the Caribbean trips.

Being married to a chef,we certainly hope they will have these on Eclipse in the Caribbean trips.

I think these are special sailings once a year with the real Top Chef contestants. They do have som Top Ched theme things on the other sailings.