Guarantee booking experiences

Well, my dabble with the balcony gty upgrade deal has not resulted in any good news for me! I cancelled that original cabin 1000 on Radiance, then a week later I thought I would try booking the guarantee again. So I then waited about 3 weeks, and you guessed it......I got the same cabin. I know, I know, I can hear the snickers. Hubby is still laughing at me too.

So anyhow, every day or so I was checking the availability on one of the European booking sites. None of the cabins were allocated for a couple of weeks. This evening there are three no longer available. So, was it the random act of a computer, or was it a person that is having quite a chuckle also????

I have been having a look at the current pricing with the "up to 30% off" offer. The E cabins are now going for about 50% higher than what we paid for the gty upgrade deal, so it still looks pretty interesting. We just have to see how the budget goes for the next 12 months or so. We do love Radiance.

So anyhow 3 weeks is still pretty quick for an allocation on a booking for early 2017.

We just got our allocation for Voyager in 2017. Deck 8 E3 near front elevators but on the correct side of the ship for the cruise, so we are happy. Our son got deck 6 but more midship which will be good for his first cruise. Maybe by being loyalty members the deck allocation may favour us.

Certainly better than being at the very pointy end. Although i dont think there would be much difference on Voyager class compared to Radiance class.

Sure is cruising tomorrow gty booking and still have no advised allocation ... bahahahaha :eek::eek::eek::p

That could be a very good sign! Have a great trip. :)

We just got our allocation .........

Seems like someone activated the allocation button! Glad to hear you are happy with the allocations. They sound like good spots to me. I would hope loyalty somehow gets you some points in some matrix, but who knows :)

That could be a very good sign! Have a great trip. :)

Seems like someone activated the allocation button! Glad to hear you are happy with the allocations. They sound like good spots to me. I would hope loyalty somehow gets you some points in some matrix, but who knows :)

Seems like someone also punched the upgrade button as we have just been upgraded from JS to GS on another cruise that we paid full fare on. Happy as:)

Hugh

We just got our allocation for Voyager in 2017. Deck 8 E3 near front elevators but on the correct side of the ship for the cruise, so we are happy. Our son got deck 6 but more midship which will be good for his first cruise. Maybe by being loyalty members the deck allocation may favour us.

Certainly better than being at the very pointy end. Although i dont think there would be much difference on Voyager class compared to Radiance class.

Why do you think it's a better side if the ship.

Hugh - Well done on the GS upgrade! Only done GS once on an up sell, but it was very nice and totally worth it! I would hope that they do look at when people pay full fare as to who gets upgraded. It is a mystery!

We also look at what ports, and where we are going, to find our preferred side. We did an over-night at Sydney once and really enjoyed having the harbour side. So often we are on the terminal side on boarding, which isn't a big hassle, but if you can get the side you prefer then that is always another tick in the box.

We would have to say on our last Rhapsody trip that if you could pin down exactly the side the smokers would be at, if they are above you, then it is hugely worth getting away from that. We were in a JS right under the smoking area, and I don't blame them (the smokers), but the deck must be very thin and the chairs are scrapping at all hours. We do always take earplugs, but I hate using them. It is our aim from now on to be away from the top accommodation deck under the pool deck if it is possible. In between decks for us :)

Just got our suite allocation,no upgrade but still think a good price going guarantee,friends booked 6 cabins from me and paid $800 more,i went direct and they went through travel agent. I think for the amount saved i can walk the extra 6 cabins length:)

Just got our suite allocation,no upgrade but still think a good price going guarantee,friends booked 6 cabins from me and paid $800 more,i went direct and they went through travel agent. I think for the amount saved i can walk the extra 6 cabins length:)

But what if you had got a cabin in a bad spot. As long as you are prepared to accept the worst cabin in the category guarantees are great.

Well done on being happy with your allocation :) Sounds like a good deal.

A travel agent should be able to book a guarantee if they booked at the same time? Or did they book at another time? Or is it different with Princess?

With Royal Caribbean we can usually see the same gty prices on an online aussie TA as what can be seen on the direct website. Sometimes you need to be quick though. Some online TAs will get back to you with confirmation in 24 hrs. That is when I like to book direct and lock it in :)

Well, my dabble with the balcony gty upgrade deal has not resulted in any good news for me! I cancelled that original cabin 1000 on Radiance, then a week later I thought I would try booking the guarantee again. So I then waited about 3 weeks, and you guessed it......I got the same cabin. I know, I know, I can hear the snickers. Hubby is still laughing at me too.

So anyhow, every day or so I was checking the availability on one of the European booking sites. None of the cabins were allocated for a couple of weeks. This evening there are three no longer available. So, was it the random act of a computer, or was it a person that is having quite a chuckle also????

I have been having a look at the current pricing with the "up to 30% off" offer. The E cabins are now going for about 50% higher than what we paid for the gty upgrade deal, so it still looks pretty interesting. We just have to see how the budget goes for the next 12 months or so. We do love Radiance.

So anyhow 3 weeks is still pretty quick for an allocation on a booking for early 2017.

Still no cabin allocation here with guaranteed balcony.... it is a conspiracy! ;)

So, out of the obsessive need to check I checked again.... WE HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED!!!

Cabin 1022 on Radiance E2 Category.... Thoughts???? It is forward, but not right at the front.....

My friends are in 9532, down a level but sort of across the hall and down, so not far....

How exciting... I wonder how likely it is we will be moved???

So, out of the obsessive need to check I checked again.... WE HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED!!!

Cabin 1022 on Radiance E2 Category.... Thoughts???? It is forward, but not right at the front.....

My friends are in 9532, down a level but sort of across the hall and down, so not far....

How exciting... I wonder how likely it is we will be moved???

Well done. Not too bad. Maybe you will get upgraded to an E1.

Your friends seem to have a corner balcony which has a slighly larger balcony and is protected from the wind so would be nice to sit on whilst underway. Best tell them they can be observed from the overhang of the Park Cafe:eek:

Your friends seem to have a corner balcony which has a slighly larger balcony and is protected from the wind so would be nice to sit on whilst underway. Best tell them they can be observed from the overhang of the Park Cafe:eek:

That's what I thought about the bigger balcony, but the website says a smaller balcony.... who knows!!!???

I think I am pretty happy.... I guess it is the risk you take booking a guarantee. I figure if I feel happy enough cruising in a forward and it doesn't bother me with sea I will never worry again about where we are on a ship. :D

That's what I "thought about the bigger balcony, but the website says a smaller balcony.... who knows!!!???

I think I am pretty happy.... I guess it is the risk you take booking a guarantee. I figure if I feel happy enough cruising in a forward and it doesn't bother me with sea I will never worry again about where we are on a ship. :D

Radiance is a beautiful ship and very stable. Enjoy.:)

I've told my friends no naughty time on their balcony!!!!!

Certainly feels real now!! Only 572 days :D

Well done on being happy with your allocation :) Sounds like a good deal.

A travel agent should be able to book a guarantee if they booked at the same time? Or did they book at another time? Or is it different with Princess?

With Royal Caribbean we can usually see the same gty prices on an online aussie TA as what can be seen on the direct website. Sometimes you need to be quick though. Some online TAs will get back to you with confirmation in 24 hrs. That is when I like to book direct and lock it in :)

The others in the group all went to the TA and booked straight mini suites,i being me:D wanted to deal direct with Princess and i booked a Guarentee Mini Suite,as i felt there really arent any bad ones,and didnt mind where it was,saved heaps

Edited by Past it