Guarantee booking experiences

I have also just booked this cruise and am anxiously awaiting a cabin allocation.

I do not think I could do a guarantee a long way out as I tend to look every day for my allocation.

I have had several good upgrades on Princess, but this is my first on RCCL.

I do wonder whether they give any better cabins if you book direct vs thru an agent or if you are Diamond or above?

Just wondering and waiting!:rolleyes:

Last RCI cruise we did was with Tara Jane. I'm pretty sure she booked through an agent and us with the cruise line direct. We were in the same area of the ship.

My thoughts are they get all the bookings into their system and then do the cabin allocation. It's not dependant on whom you book with.

I think upgrades tend to happen based on time you book, amount paid, loyalty status.

All the ov cabins available on the cruise seem to be very good. Apart from 1 which is on deck 2.

My reason for not wanting this cabin is on rhapsody of the seas I lost William (mr 6 with autism) he as found on level 2 near the medical and crew area. If his cabin is near there I will have a hell of a time stopping him from trying to get into this area. It's a real safety concern for me and especially for him. I bet we will get this cabin and the call centre will refuse to change the cabin allocation.

Last RCI cruise we did was with Tara Jane. I'm pretty sure she booked through an agent and us with the cruise line direct. We were in the same area of the ship.

My thoughts are they get all the bookings into their system and then do the cabin allocation. It's not dependant on whom you book with.

I think upgrades tend to happen based on time you book, amount paid, loyalty status.

All the ov cabins available on the cruise seem to be very good. Apart from 1 which is on deck 2.

My reason for not wanting this cabin is on rhapsody of the seas I lost William (mr 6 with autism) he as found on level 2 near the medical and crew area. If his cabin is near there I will have a hell of a time stopping him from trying to get into this area. It's a real safety concern for me and especially for him. I bet we will get this cabin and the call centre will refuse to change the cabin allocation.

I think you will be very lucky and not get that cabin. I can assure you if there is a bad or not preferred guarantee cabin, it will have our name on it for sure and if this is on deck 2...it will be ours!:eek:

I think you will be very lucky and not get that cabin. I can assure you if there is a bad or not preferred guarantee cabin, it will have our name on it for sure and if this is on deck 2...it will be ours!:eek:

Fingers crossed neither of us get it. Let's hope someone with an interior cabin gets a free upgrade to it.

If we get it. William will spend the entire cruise trying to break into the crew area where he's not meant to be.........

Yes I'm planning on introducing myself and William to security and customer services as soon as we board. That way they can note his condition and his like hood of misadventure.

Let's hope I don't charged every time he goes to say hello to the medical centre........ Yes last time they got to know him as well...

Esilef,

Looks like you may be lucky!!!

12 OV have been allocated and that pesky cabin on deck 2 is still available!!!

Still hoping to upgrade to a suite if Eccles would let me (at a reasonable price!) so watching cabin allocation closely.

Hi Esilef,

The cruise we were on together, I booked direct with RCI but then as I couldnt get as good a deal on flights, I booked flights through the local TA. She asked to take over our rhapsody booking and I thought as a courtesy I should let her as no real reason not to. All did go ok however on my next cruise on the diamond around Japan I ordered rail passes through the same TA. They arrived but she had ordered them for the people we travelled to singapore with and not the people we were going to Japan with!!!

I always like to do my own bookings and that only confirmed that I should do so.

We have scored a great QM2 cruise to Hong Kong and that was through an on line agent and she has been fantastic with all dealings, so I might stick with her until she lets me down which hopefully wont happen. If direct bookings could be done with someone who speaks our english and I can understand them it would make life so much easier.

Out of about 20 cruises, we have only ever booked one fare that was NOT a guarantee fare!! :) We currently have a guarantee inside for the 46 day Indian Ocean cruise on Sun Princess --- with just over a week to go, we don't have a cabin allocation yet!!! On a 42 day Oriana cruise to the UK, we only got a cabin allocation 2 days before departure - and it was a DOOZY!!! :) But, you can't win them all :) Come to think of it though - we have NEVER ever received the cabin category that we actually paid for, always got an "upgrade" -- "Upgrade" is in inverted upgrades because not all upgrades that the cruiselines think is an upgrade is really an upgrade - some upgrades are really downgrades!!! :) But - guarantee fares are the cheapest you will get so it suits us fine - more money to have a good time onboard!!!

My allocation is in. 4500 which is the last cabin in the forward part of the ship.

I do believe we will be facing the pier at the OPT.

I'm happy with the cabin. Yes its forward but with William it's great not to have neighbours on both sides ie I'm sorry he was screaming for an hour this afternoon type thing...

My dad is now booked with my autistic brother. They have booked a JS guarantee. Dad hates cruise ships. Finally getting him on one. Maybe he might understand why they make a great holiday.

If he hates it well he will be on deck 10 and William and I on deck 4.

Hi Esilef,

The cruise we were on together, I booked direct with RCI but then as I couldnt get as good a deal on flights, I booked flights through the local TA. She asked to take over our rhapsody booking and I thought as a courtesy I should let her as no real reason not to. All did go ok however on my next cruise on the diamond around Japan I ordered rail passes through the same TA. They arrived but she had ordered them for the people we travelled to singapore with and not the people we were going to Japan with!!!

I always like to do my own bookings and that only confirmed that I should do so.

We have scored a great QM2 cruise to Hong Kong and that was through an on line agent and she has been fantastic with all dealings, so I might stick with her until she lets me down which hopefully wont happen. If direct bookings could be done with someone who speaks our english and I can understand them it would make life so much easier.

I like doing my own bookings as well. I just find it's easier to book direct with the cruise line. Any issues you talk to them and not to a third party.

I'm green with envy over the QM2 cruise. It should be amazing. I want details on your return.

My allocation is in. 4500 which is the last cabin in the forward part of the ship.

I do believe we will be facing the pier at the OPT.

I'm happy with the cabin. Yes its forward but with William it's great not to have neighbours on both sides ie I'm sorry he was screaming for an hour this afternoon type thing...

My dad is now booked with my autistic brother. They have booked a JS guarantee. Dad hates cruise ships. Finally getting him on one. Maybe he might understand why they make a great holiday.

If he hates it well he will be on deck 10 and William and I on deck 4.

That sounds like a good allocation for you and William, at least you have the theatre in front of you, so you aren't really forward. Close to the forward elevators to. I think it will be nice and quiet for you.

As for dad if he doesn't like the cruise, you can always tell him to watch TV in your room and you can go an enjoy his JS:D

That sounds like a good allocation for you and William, at least you have the theatre in front of you, so you aren't really forward. Close to the forward elevators to. I think it will be nice and quiet for you.

As for dad if he doesn't like the cruise, you can always tell him to watch TV in your room and you can go an enjoy his JS:D

I'm wondering if you get to the theatre just by walking past our room? I'm hoping William will want to be in the theatre watching shows. Normally he won't

I'm planning on spending time in dads JS. Even having a bath there for William will help.

I would seriously laugh if he gets upgraded to a grand suite.......

I'm wondering if you get to the theatre just by walking past our room? I'm hoping William will want to be in the theatre watching shows. Normally he won't

I think that the theatre is only accessed by the public on deck 5 and 6? I could be wrong.

Hope you have a great trip. :)

I'm planning on spending time in dads JS. Even having a bath there for William will help.

I would seriously laugh if he gets upgraded to a grand suite.......

We are also on deck 4 and VERY close, so look forward to meeting William!.

This is our first OV on RCCL and also our first guarantee! Will I do it again....will let you know when we return! For the price we have paid I am sure we will have a great cruise!:D

PS Will spend most of my time in the Diamond Lounge!!!!

We are also on deck 4 and VERY close, so look forward to meeting William!.

This is our first OV on RCCL and also our first guarantee! Will I do it again....will let you know when we return! For the price we have paid I am sure we will have a great cruise!:D

PS Will spend most of my time in the Diamond Lounge!!!!

This is also my first ov. I have had balcony cabins and inside cabins. With William's autism I just can't trust him on the balcony especially as it's just him and I. On the golden he discovered a joy of throwing things over board. Luckily it was stepped and a balcony below us. The cabin steward for that balcony retrieved the items....

Inside I feel that I miss being able to see that water. When William is having down time and I can relax and be able to see outside.

For an extra $100 pp the ov was a great option for us.

Everyone on the ship will get to know William. He's blond with big blue eyes. He loves to run non stop and I just chase him.

Every so often he hits a tired phase. He will just flake out on the cruise deck. This can happen anywhere on the ship. Just planks in the sun. Recharges and then gets up and runs. This normally sends the crew and fellow passengers into a spin "is he ok? Can we call a doctor?" I have worked out that he loves the extra feeling of motion he gets by laying on his tummy. The ships motion relaxes him.

Everyone on the ship will get to know William. He's blond with big blue eyes. He loves to run non stop and I just chase him.

Every so often he hits a tired phase. He will just flake out on the cruise deck. This can happen anywhere on the ship. Just planks in the sun. Recharges and then gets up and runs. This normally sends the crew and fellow passengers into a spin "is he ok? Can we call a doctor?" I have worked out that he loves the extra feeling of motion he gets by laying on his tummy. The ships motion relaxes him.

I will keep an eye out for him:D

Dad got his allocation. A JS on deck 10 aft. No upgrade but he got the cruise at a brilliant price.

I found out that there was a ov cabin on deck 7 available but would RCI let me change.... NO.

I'm a bit worried about the noise of the theatre and having a small child trying to sleep.

Dad got his allocation. A JS on deck 10 aft. No upgrade but he got the cruise at a brilliant price.

I found out that there was a ov cabin on deck 7 available but would RCI let me change.... NO.

I'm a bit worried about the noise of the theatre and having a small child trying to sleep.

How frustrating, I was able to change my cabin after allocation of my guarantee cabin, I only moved a few cabins forward but we were allocated an obstructed view E1, and I moved away from the window washing equipment.

However, do you think they'll let me upgrade to a JS guarantee, no way, my TA tried again for me today without success:D

I'm sure your son will be fine, At least you know the shows finish normally at a reasonable time.

How frustrating, I was able to change my cabin after allocation of my guarantee cabin, I only moved a few cabins forward but we were allocated an obstructed view E1, and I moved away from the window washing equipment.

However, do you think they'll let me upgrade to a JS guarantee, no way, my TA tried again for me today without success:D

I'm sure your son will be fine, At least you know the shows finish normally at a reasonable time.

It's really frustrating. The cabins are available. Let us upgrade or change. To be honest I would even be willing to pay a change fee to be able to move my guarantee cabin allocation to another available cabin in the same cabin grade.

I suspect the call centre people know that they are going to say no and put you on hold for a couple of minutes whilst they pretend to talk to their team leader.

It's really frustrating. The cabins are available. Let us upgrade or change. To be honest I would even be willing to pay a change fee to be able to move my guarantee cabin allocation to another available cabin in the same cabin grade.

I suspect the call centre people know that they are going to say no and put you on hold for a couple of minutes whilst they pretend to talk to their team leader.

I am not so worried about the theatre noise but noise from above. I live in hope of another upgrade! (I think I am dreaming):rolleyes:

On our up coming Easter Cruise onboard Carnival Spirit we booked an upgrade oceanview to balcony deal. Paid gaurantee oceanview price and got gauranteed balcony cabin. When we recieved our allocation a month ago we were very surprised and happy to get an aft facing extended balcony cabin with cabins above and below ( less noise)

I was not expecting to get such a high grade cabin and any fears about getting the unwanted leftover worst cabins are now gone. This is our first gaurantee cabin, in the past we have always selected our stateroom

On our up coming Easter Cruise onboard Carnival Spirit we booked an upgrade oceanview to balcony deal. Paid gaurantee oceanview price and got gauranteed balcony cabin. When we recieved our allocation a month ago we were very surprised and happy to get an aft facing extended balcony cabin with cabins above and below ( less noise)

I was not expecting to get such a high grade cabin and any fears about getting the unwanted leftover worst cabins are now gone. This is our first gaurantee cabin, in the past we have always selected our stateroom

No such luck with Royal Caribbean. My TA has just spent 1 hour on the phone to be told NO. We never take guarantees and probably won't again. At least we can spend our time in the Diamond Lounge.

Never take the savings available with gty's unless you are happy to accept the worst cabin in that category. If you are picky about cabin choice then one should just pay the price for that cabin. For those where it matters little they are a great way to save a dollar or two..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

To be honest I would even be willing to pay a change fee to be able to move my guarantee cabin allocation to another available cabin in the same cabin grade.

I think they should do this as well. Avoids the hassle/cost to them of people changing their cabin after they've been allocated, but meanwhile giving an opportunity for those who see it worthwhile to change for whatever reason.

I think they should do this as well. Avoids the hassle/cost to them of people changing their cabin after they've been allocated, but meanwhile giving an opportunity for those who see it worthwhile to change for whatever reason.

But doesn't that negate the idea of a guarantee?

Don't get me wrong, i think there is no reason not to be able to do it within the same category once allocated, however to add a charge would it not be similar to just paying what the going rate is?

I've now done two guarantee bookings. Both have been ok allocations. I was lucky to change my allocation on my upcoming radiance cruise, however would have been happy with our original allocation as the savings were over $300pp.

Never take the savings available with gty's unless you are happy to accept the worst cabin in that category. If you are picky about cabin choice then one should just pay the price for that cabin. For those where it matters little they are a great way to save a dollar or two..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

I agree to an extent - we booked a guarantee balcony cabin for our upcoming cruise on princess and at the time of booking, there was only one triple cabin left on the ship - so we took a balcony guarantee as offered by a TA here in a way know what cabin we would most probably be assigned (and we were ok with this). We are now under two weeks out from the cruise and no sign of a cabin assignment as yet. It has been a tad frustrating as I figured they would have done their allocations by now so I am not sure why no cabin has been assigned as yet. :(