Guarantee booking experiences

Hi just got into celebrity site and all prices are in Australian dollars:D

That's weird, I can only see USD. I tried going in through the .com.au website but when I did a dummy booking it bounced me to .com with USD prices.

I just tried th Celeb site from NZ. It recognised NZ. If you scroll to the bottom of the front page you can select Countries and it will change to whatever you want...Dollars..Euros..Rupees...Pounds. They will be happy to take any money:D

I just tried th Celeb site from NZ. It recognised NZ. If you scroll to the bottom of the front page you can select Countries and it will change to whatever you want...Dollars..Euros..Rupees...Pounds. They will be happy to take any money:D

Ah, got it. That's definitely different from the old website. I don't recall having to select a country then, it must have automatically set it when shifting from .com.au to .com.

That's interesting. Once I select Australia I no longer see the Big/Bigger/Best promo. Not available for Aussies?

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Ah, got it. That's definitely different from the old website. I don't recall having to select a country then, it must have automatically set it when shifting from .com.au to .com.

That's interesting. Once I select Australia I no longer see the Big/Bigger/Best promo. Not available for Aussies?

I have read a little bit about that "new offer" on the celebrity boards, but I haven't seen it on the au site at all yet. The pick on of the 123go offers is still running for Solstice as far as I can tell.

I have read a little bit about that "new offer" on the celebrity boards, but I haven't seen it on the au site at all yet. The pick on of the 123go offers is still running for Solstice as far as I can tell.

I am not sure but possibly 1 September.

Edited by MicCanberra

I believe the current promotion finishes on the 8th august (originally 1st august) so assume the big, bigger, best will be released then,

I mentioned that last week the BBB promotion was 'ghosting' in the background when going through the booking process, it seems to have disappeared this week.

I believe the current promotion finishes on the 8th august (originally 1st august) so assume the big, bigger, best will be released then,

I mentioned that last week the BBB promotion was 'ghosting' in the background when going through the booking process, it seems to have disappeared this week.

Cheers.:D

The BBB promotion has arrived in Australia for Celebrity. It does not seem to add up very well for the longer cruises? To pay $20 per day per person for an extra perk, or $60 to add the extra three to get all four perks, you really have to look at the exchange rate and the length of your trip.

On another note we cancelled a booking with RCI, and one with Celebrity, as we ended up going with a different trip that some friends have also booked. Both refunds on our deposits took about 8 working days to get refunded back to our credit card. It could be that we cancelled very soon after booking that caused a small delay? Who knows

We have one more booking for a gty balcony that we booked on 28th July on Radiance in 2017 that we are still waiting for an allocation for. So some have been quick allocations and some still in the wind.

Edited by goodycruising

We have a gty booking on Sun Princess .... leaving in 11 days... booked weeks ago still waiting for cabin allocation :) for the price we paid, happy to wait till check in if needs be....and that won't be the first time that has happened and certainly won't be the last ...... cheers Shiona

The BBB promotion has arrived in Australia for Celebrity. It does not seem to add up very well for the longer cruises? To pay $20 per day per person for an extra perk, or $60 to add the extra three to get all four perks, you really have to look at the exchange rate and the length of your trip.

Just like drink packages, it's something that many expect people to take up for 'convenience,' not because you financially come out ahead.

From a financial perspective, they're not introduced as a new 'bargain,' but to help grow the revenue streams. Like drinks packages, some will come out ahead on them, and others not.

Just got our cabin allocation for our Dawn Princess cruise next week. We got B407, right next to the laundry. On a 17 day cruise that could be very handy. Hopefully it's a quiet cabin.

The laundry can at times be a little noisy, but only during the day.

Just got our cabin allocation for our Dawn Princess cruise next week. We got B407, right next to the laundry. On a 17 day cruise that could be very handy. Hopefully it's a quiet cabin.

I give that a tick for central and near the lifts anyhow! :) You will have to let us know if there is any noise issue. There appears on the deck plans to be a space next to your cabin. I was wondering if that might be a crew entry or something? You are getting pretty close to going now :)

I give that a tick for central and near the lifts anyhow! :) You will have to let us know if there is any noise issue. There appears on the deck plans to be a space next to your cabin. I was wondering if that might be a crew entry or something? You are getting pretty close to going now :)

Yes, I've been wondering what that is. Hopefully it provides some insulation between the laundry / lift well and our cabin.

We leave Sydney on Sunday and are staying with friends in Perth for a few days. Looking forward to seeing Perth again, it's quite a few years since we were last there. Just over a week until we board. :D :D :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Yes, I've been wondering what that is. Hopefully it provides some insulation between the laundry / lift well and our cabin.

We leave Sydney on Sunday and are staying with friends in Perth for a few days. Looking forward to seeing Perth again, it's quite a few years since we were last there. Just over a week until we board. :D :D :D

Bon voyage. You will still be home to watch the Wallabies hold up the Bledisloe on TV :p:p:p

We are booked on Jewel of the Seas for a Pacific Coast cruise in October. Two weeks ago I called and changed our ocean view cabins on deck 4 to balcony guarantees and we received $80 back per room from what we originally paid. We have 2 rooms booked. Yesterday we were assigned two D2 balcony cabins on deck nine next to each other towards aft. 52 days until we cruise. The price has gone up about $1200 per cabin since. I am very pleased.

We are booked on Jewel of the Seas for a Pacific Coast cruise in October. Two weeks ago I called and changed our ocean view cabins on deck 4 to balcony guarantees and we received $80 back per room from what we originally paid. We have 2 rooms booked. Yesterday we were assigned two D2 balcony cabins on deck nine next to each other towards aft. 52 days until we cruise. The price has gone up about $1200 per cabin since. I am very pleased.

Interesting. I am sure we cant do that here in Australia.

Interesting. I am sure we cant do that here in Australia.

Best I've ever been offered was the difference between the cabins when I change.

So book Balcony for $5000

Price now Balcony $3500 Mini $4750 change price $1250, even though tyhe mini is now $250 less than I paid for the balcony

[all figures just made up but you get the point I hope,]

Booked my concierge guarantee on celebrity solstice for the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise on Wednesday. The cruise leaves in less than 6 weeks. Cabin was allocated overnight. Cabin 1289, (c3) deck 10, aft. Happy!

I had been monitoring cabin availability and my only real concern was if I got something really far forward, but knew that as it was booked with a US TA I could call and change to another cabin.

There are still a few cabins available that are more mid ship, but I'm happy to have a bit of a walk, so will be staying put.

First guarantee experience and good result.

Booked my concierge guarantee on celebrity solstice for the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise on Wednesday. The cruise leaves in less than 6 weeks. Cabin was allocated overnight. Cabin 1289, (c3) deck 10, aft. Happy!

I had been monitoring cabin availability and my only real concern was if I got something really far forward, but knew that as it was booked with a US TA I could call and change to another cabin.

There are still a few cabins available that are more mid ship, but I'm happy to have a bit of a walk, so will be staying put.

Sounds like a happy result.

Cabin 1289, (c3) deck 10, aft. Happy!

Well done :) I would be happy with that. Solstice is a very stable ship. We were about the same position relatively at the front on Deck 10 and found it great. Have a really good time :)