Carnival Splendor 4 Night Canada Cruise - CruiseXLife's Photo Review

cruisexlife

What a great review. We just this afternoon received a 50th Anniversary gift from our daughter our son in law and the kids. A 7 day to Canada/ New England end of Sept. It was such a surprise as we are counting down 430 days to the Carnival Vista. Your review has given me a lot of info.

What a great review. We just this afternoon received a 50th Anniversary gift from our daughter our son in law and the kids. A 7 day to Canada/ New England end of Sept. It was such a surprise as we are counting down 430 days to the Carnival Vista. Your review has given me a lot of info.

Thanks for reading! Wow that's such an amazing surprise! You are really going to enjoy it, and I'm glad I could help! :D

Thanks for your review. I just finished reading it. We are sailing on the Splendor in two weeks - also going up to Canada (Saint Johns and Halifax).

Rough seas can be tough, a few years ago we went through a Hurricane while on the Explorer of the Seas (120 mph winds, 24+ foot swells) - when we got to Bermuda we were docked next to a Princess ship - the top awning on that ship was almost completely ripped off. However, it was still a great cruise.

Thanks for your review. I just finished reading it. We are sailing on the Splendor in two weeks - also going up to Canada (Saint Johns and Halifax).

Rough seas can be tough, a few years ago we went through a Hurricane while on the Explorer of the Seas (120 mph winds, 24+ foot swells) - when we got to Bermuda we were docked next to a Princess ship - the top awning on that ship was almost completely ripped off. However, it was still a great cruise.

Yeah that can be bad. Ours was much worse than I expected, so I plan to bring Dramamine pills next time. Luckily, it only heavily impacted the morning of the last sea day, rather than every sea day I did on the Enchantment of the Seas 3 years ago.

Thanks so much for reading, you will really like Saint John and Halifax. Enjoy your cruise! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Loved your review............made me re-live our Splendor cruise Oct 2014 we did the 7 day NE/Canada cruise. Sea Caves were amazing.....Halifax was wonderful, went to Peggy's Cove and to the Titanic Cemetery.......Boston was wonderful ( played tourist for the day as we are from MA) went to the Frost Ice Bar at Fanuell Hall........Portland was nice, took the trolley around and went to Portland Light lighthouse. Loved how you ordered your BLT's from room service. Every night when we went back to the cabin I ordered a PB & J sandwich and a pot of tea. After all that delicious food every day it was nice to have that little bit of home before bed. We too love the "secret deck" area. Our first time on the Splendor in 2012 we booked a 4j cabin on deck 9 at the front of the ship. even though it is technically an inside cabin, you have the picture window looking out to the secret deck. We have been on the Splendor 3x and love her. Booked on the new ship next year, the Vista. Got the last 4j cabin on deck 7. Again at the front of the ship with the "secret deck"...........thanks for taking the time to do this review. Your pictures were great. :D

Loved your review............made me re-live our Splendor cruise Oct 2014 we did the 7 day NE/Canada cruise. Sea Caves were amazing.....Halifax was wonderful, went to Peggy's Cove and to the Titanic Cemetery.......Boston was wonderful ( played tourist for the day as we are from MA) went to the Frost Ice Bar at Fanuell Hall........Portland was nice, took the trolley around and went to Portland Light lighthouse. Loved how you ordered your BLT's from room service. Every night when we went back to the cabin I ordered a PB & J sandwich and a pot of tea. After all that delicious food every day it was nice to have that little bit of home before bed. We too love the "secret deck" area. Our first time on the Splendor in 2012 we booked a 4j cabin on deck 9 at the front of the ship. even though it is technically an inside cabin, you have the picture window looking out to the secret deck. We have been on the Splendor 3x and love her. Booked on the new ship next year, the Vista. Got the last 4j cabin on deck 7. Again at the front of the ship with the "secret deck"...........thanks for taking the time to do this review. Your pictures were great. :D

Sounds like such a great trip! I have yet to go to Boston, and Southwest and JetBlue fly direct, so I hope to take advantage of that soon. It looks like a great city.

But yes, I LOVE the 4J's! I have had 3 and they are my favorite rooms. So overlooked and in a nice and quiet place.

Thanks for reading it and the kind words, I'm glad that you liked it! :D

Hello! Just wanted to let you all know thatI will be on Splendor yet again in November, this time in a spa room, and visiting Amber Cove! There will be a photo review, keep your eyes open! :D

Looking forward to the new review!! We are going on the same ship/itinerary in 4 weeks.

Thanks for the excellent, detailed review and for the generous use of some great photos!

It was nice to see somewhere off the typical cruise ship path like St John. I hope to see it myself someday.

Now to track down your November review...

Norris

Any plans for another Canadian cruise this summer on the Sunshine?

You know, I was considering it, but I don't think so. Jacqui, who I went with's, son lives out in LA, and he invited her and I out whenever. So, I hope to try one of the cruises from Long Beach soon. We both are also interested in the Western Caribbean, and Triumph and Dream have some steals out of NOLA, a city both of us have wanted to visit for a while now. So no, I don't think Sunshine to Canada is in the plan for 2016.

Do you plan on trying her out? Like I said in this review, I LOVE the Canada cruises, you should try it out sometime!

Thanks for the excellent, detailed review and for the generous use of some great photos!

It was nice to see somewhere off the typical cruise ship path like St John. I hope to see it myself someday.

Now to track down your November review...

Norris

Haha! Thank you for reading it! Yes, I do encourage a cruise from New York to Canada someday, they are tons of fun and Saint John is so overlooked as a port, it really can be such a nice place. You can go get a hammock and read a nice book in a park for a while. See the sea caves. Go on a whale, photography, or bike tour. Eat some great food. It's nice to escape the summer heat and the bustle of the cities and go to a serene place like Saint John.

I will have to remember to put the link in soon! I just added more to it, so it shouldn't be too buried in the threads! Thanks for following along! :D

You know, I was considering it, but I don't think so. Jacqui, who I went with's, son lives out in LA, and he invited her and I out whenever. So, I hope to try one of the cruises from Long Beach soon. We both are also interested in the Western Caribbean, and Triumph and Dream have some steals out of NOLA, a city both of us have wanted to visit for a while now. So no, I don't think Sunshine to Canada is in the plan for 2016.

Do you plan on trying her out? Like I said in this review, I LOVE the Canada cruises, you should try it out sometime!

I would love to cruise out of NYC...easy since I live here...and the Canadian itineraries look great to me. Hoping to make it happen next year just having a hard time finding someone to go with me! I'm not giving up though so if not next year...eventually.

I would love to cruise out of NYC...easy since I live here...and the Canadian itineraries look great to me. Hoping to make it happen next year just having a hard time finding someone to go with me! I'm not giving up though so if not next year...eventually.

I hope you get the chance to go to Canada this summer, it is a good little trip. I hope you find someone to go with you! :D

Great review!

We are doing the 7 day out of NYC in September on the Sunshine and I am so excited for this itinerary...and cruising out of NYC too!!

Yes! Cruising out of NYC is SUCH an amazing experience, you're sure to love it! As well as the Canadian ports!

Thank you for subscribing! I see your first cruise is coming up, so exciting! Make sure you ask any questions you have about this cruise or cruising in general!

Leaving on the Splendor 1/10/16. Interested in spa pricing. Thanks for the awesome pictures! Thank you!

Ha Ha,,,just realized this thread was 2014...Still enjoying!