On the Coral Right Now -- Questions

Another Cruise

THANKS Sharon

We will try to look up Charlee and Katkan as well as Stefan. As I said we try to find a wait staff that we click with and then make a standing reservation for our group for the rest of the cruise.

I thnk we'll pass on the Ultimate Breakfast as I don't care for the salmon - neither of us are fans of chamagne - I know we're weird.

i hope we can still write in what we want to order from the dining room menu and enjoy breakfast on our balcony.

THANKs Again for all of your help - it really adds to our excitement for the cruise.

take care

Teddi

hugger,

You're welcome ;) Glad to be of help. I know you'll have a wonderful cruise onboard the Coral. Enjoy!

Iamthesea,

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of Lee, he's rather young and clean cut. I understand he is rather new to Princess.

It's a tough call as to which side of the ship is best as ships are directed into the locks by the authorities at the canal, so one time the port side may face the neighboring lock and the next cruise the starboard might. Either way there is always something to see - look for the ships photographers on the locks - they be taking pictures of people on their balconies. ;)

When we did the full transit on the Dawn we wandered all over the ship but on the Coral last year we just hung out on our balcony while we headed into Gatun Lake. After all the tours got off and the ship made it's way back through the locks we headed to Caribe and walked out on the deck on the stern where we could look straight down to the locks as they closed behind us - a very cool unobstructed view. Have a great cruise and if I can be of any more help just ask away. :)

Iamthesea,

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of Lee, he's rather young and clean cut. I understand he is rather new to Princess.

I hate to ask this and hope I don't offend anyone, but is Lee very overweight, shaped like a pear, have dark thinning hair, glasses and around 35-40 years old? If not, that's not who I thought he was. I am thinking about a substitute CD we had on HAL that was awful! :o

A CD can really add so much to the enjoyment of a cruise. I sure hope that this LEE is good as his job. We have had some bad one's in the past as well.

So far we've had great CD's on Princess though.

Here's hoping it's not the same CD you had on HAL.

I hate to ask this and hope I don't offend anyone, but is Lee very overweight, shaped like a pear, have dark thinning hair, glasses and around 35-40 years old? If not, that's not who I thought he was. I am thinking about a substitute CD we had on HAL that was awful! :o

Iamthesea,

Yikes! :eek: Definately a different Lee. This Lee is young (maybe 30) with a slight build, brown clean cut hair. We don't have a lot of interaction with CD. We saw him only twice in person, once at the Culinary Demo and then at the Most Traveled luncheon. He was personable and charming both times.

Iamthesea,

Yikes! :eek: Definately a different Lee. This Lee is young (maybe 30) with a slight build, brown clean cut hair. We don't have a lot of interaction with CD. We saw him only twice in person, once at the Culinary Demo and then at the Most Traveled luncheon. He was personable and charming both times.

Oh good! We don't interact with them either, but it is nice to have a witty CD on stage. A cute one would be nice also. :D

Too bad Generoso will not be there for you. He's the best.

I think that Godwin is still on the Coral. He is a Head Waiter.

I'll try to find out who is covering for Generoso as Maitre D.

I'm sure you will have an excellent cruise. Not too much longer now

have you been to the italian specialty restaurant yet?

HOw was it?

I have been hearing good things about it except there is alot of food - I will have to wear loose clothing.

Do you know the name of the band in the Explorer's Lounge -

thanks

carol

I left the Coral Princess on Sept. 20, 2005 after cruising from Canada. Are you currently on the trip through the Panama Canal? If possible, could I have you get a message to the singer (Demus James) of the band SONAR that plays in the lounges as well as by the pool. They are absolutely wonderful!

Tell them that Deborah is planning a trip to St. Lucia and would love to see them. If possible, respond to me at dgriffith@rcoe.us

Enjoy your cruise:)

I'm back. Tried to post a long update last night, but we are having intgernet problems again and message wouldn send! Here we go--Huatulco was a beautiful surprise. Most of us had never been there and everybody came back to the ship ravcing about it. Really nice pier and at the end of it is the shopping area with several really nice shops, especially jewlery and a small grocery type store with soda and wine, etc. There are also lots of restaurants on the beach and a nice beach area at the end of the pier. There were taxis waiting for those who wanted to tour more of the area. Lots of fishing boats, jet skis, and banana boats to rent. We have had "rough seas" with 12 foot waves, but the good news is that the ship really wasn't that rough. We sat next to a window at dinner and watch hugh waves and never felt a thing inside the ship. Water is much smoother now. Went to the Maitre D' wine tasting. Had French champagne and Opus 1 plus 5 other wines. It was $25 per person but was a great experience. Attended the Captain's Circle Cocktail Party. There are 1100 members on board out of 1950 passengers so they had 4 separate parties. Twin lobster tails on lst formal night. Excellent. As good as what we had in Bayou Cafe (but steaks are much better there!). We will go to Sabatini's on Sat. Attended afternoon tea one day and really enjoyed it. WE have found that we enjoy Crooners Bar in the evening more than others. Those who like to dance seem to pick Wheelhouse Lounge, but it is usually empty by 11:30. Remember this is an older crowd. Have two teenagers on board and a darling set of 11 month old twin boys who are seasoned travelers already. One thing I haven't mentioned is the security while we are in port. In all ports in Mexico we have had armed military personnel on the pier and around exit gates and cab areas. There have also been military boats parked next to us and in the water around us. I don't know if this is the Mexican gov. policy or at Princess request/expense buat ita really makes you feel safer. We were in Costa Rica yesterday and didn't have that, but there is no longer a military in Costa Rica. We had to dock in Puerto Caldera instead of Puntarenas because is ship size and sea and tide conditions. This was announced 3 days in advance. Tour buses were there to meet us and there was a small shopping area in a warehouse at pier but there wasn't anything else near pier. We went on the Eco Jungle Adventure thruogh Princess. Saw lots of wildlife and a lot of crocodile including one giant corcodile. ALso saw the Jesus Christ lizards. Our guide got one to jump in water and we got to see it "walk on water". Had a great time, but we were in the first boat out and I think that was an advantage. Our dinner partners had all done different tours and everyone seemed to really enjoy the day. It did rain really had in afternoon. It is raining now. That has been a "theme" for this cruise, but we are still enjoying it so much. If you missed my post--we are entering the canal arund 7 tomorrow morning (Thurs.) and you can go to Princess web site throughout the day and select the web cam for the Coral Bridge and follow us through. Later.

I hope that your canal transit is progressing and that you are having the time of your life.

What a great idea to view it from the web cam - I'm trying to locate it right now.

We will be boarding the Coral next Weds. in Lauderdale.

Glad to hear that we'll be having twin lobster tails on on 1st formal night.

LOVE THEM

Extremely, interesting to hear of the military guards in Mexico.

Hope we get to see the lizards in Costa Rica - I'm doing the Jungle River cruise excursion there.

Sorry to hear that you're having a lot of rain - releived to hear that the rough sea's aren't being a problem for you.

THANKS again for your posts we are SO enjoying them.

Hugger, I've been noticing your posts and you will be directly across the hall from myself and my husband. We will be in D-724 and my sister and her husband will be in D-726.

Our names are Terry & Dave and Roger & Lori are my sister & brother-in-law.

I'm sure we'll be seeing you at some point. Never been in the back of the ship before, but after reading the cruise boards for a couple of years, decided to try it.

It's getting close now. Time to pack. Hopefully the disturbance in the Atlantic won't turn into anything. We are flying from Colorado on Tuesday and spending the night in Ft. Lauderdale. See you on board!

Terry

Come join our roll call board (let me see if I can figure out how to link you to it)

This thread is located at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=126638&goto=newpost

Hope that works -

Terry

We are in D527 I can't find the post where I must have mistyped it. I was all excited thinking we'd know our neighbor's :( You should have an awesome view transiting the canal - we plan to go to the open deck on the aft if we can't get a good view from our balcony on the side. Wish we were going to be neighbor's - we're on the same deck though. With all of us from this board that are on the Dolphin deck it's to bad there isn't a meeting place right there for us.

We are also arriving in Ft Lauderdale on Tuesday. We are driving down from Tampa Bay area. Normally we take the motorcoach that Cruise Connection has to the ship. However, this year we decided to start our cruise off the day before :)

Please join us over on the roll call board.

Teddi and Steve = Hugger

Terry, We will be in D725 on October 25, and our friends will be in D723!!!!! I can't wait to hear about your cabins and balconies when you get back! I think from the pictures, yours is covered and the one next to you is completely uncovered! I can't wait to have you tell me all about it, and to find out if all of the new perks are in place! And you too Hugger! Are either of you going to post while on board? Do either of you have enough cruises to have free internet? oh, please say you do!!!!!

Was wondering if you had any trouble bring alcohol on board??? Or maybe you didn't anyway. We're on the same cruise next May leaving Ft Lauderdale to Vancouver. We like to take some alcohol with us so we can have a few drinks on our balcony getting ready for dinner???

Keep telling us about your shore excursions..

I can hardly wait till next May:D

comettgirl, I'll try to post live from the Coral, but we're usually pretty busy and only check emails occasionally. I'll see what I can do.

Hugger, thanks for the info. I guess you're on the other side of the ship from us, but we'll probably see you in the back of the ship on the balcony.

Terry

while on the Coral next week. I hope we have better internet connection than the people who are on board this week. We do have free internet connection so I will certainly try to let you know how things are.

Looking forward to the new perks in the mini suites - I did read on another thread that they are in place on the Coral HOPE THEY ARE.

We brought Diet Cokes, and V-8 on board -- no problems. In Acapulco I went to Wal-mart and bought wine and tonic water--no problem. I had pre-ordered a bottle of Absolute and it was delivered to our room as soon as we arrived. You can bring soda and wine and you can buy it in port and bring it on, but they say no liquor--don't know how close they check. My cans of tonic could have been beer but nobody looked.

The trip through the canal was awesome. Wathced first lock from front of ship. There are doors on higher decks that say "crew only" but you can go through them to watch the canal and out onto the open decks. For second set we went to the deck across back to watch gates close. Again, some have doors at the end of the hallway that open out onto decks. Emerald Deck has a large one. We saw crocodile twice while going through the canal and as we entered the first locks there was a tree next to the port side that was full of monkeys. There were about 25 running around the ground under the tree. The rest of the day we watched from our balcony. There was a large oil tanker that went through next to us and we found it was easier to see what was going on by watching another ship that was doing the same thing we were. Had greata view of locks opening and closing. Had the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast. Copper River smoked salmon, Alaskan King Crab quiche, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and pastries, plus champgane. Had lots left over to snack on! It was $25. Also, there is a 15% gratuity added on that we didn't know about and we tipped the waiter anyway. Docked in Cristobal at 4, but for some reason we didn't get to leave shp until 4:45. There was a line from the front of the ship all the way to the back and the back theater was full of people waiting. ALL of us were going the market area next to the ship! Good prices on liquor, but to be honest, most of the stuff they sell there is from China and India and way over priced. Some local things, but most just has Panama painted on it. The cash registers never stopped. Had the Panama beer and watched dancers entertain us. We are going to Sabitini's tonight!! I will check on equipment in gym.

Archived