On the Coral Right Now -- Questions

Another Cruise

Keep the updates coming as we'll be on the Coral doing the Panama Canal in December. Want to hear all about cabins, dining, etc.!

Comettgirl, you live just around the corner from us... We're in Hillsboro/Lake Tishomingo. Stop by the web site for e-mail address & drop us a note. When will you be on the Coral?

I am considering taking the Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise on April 13. I have never cruised with Princess before (have been on 8 previous cruises). Is there personal choice dining on this ship? Balcony vs. mini-suite with balcony? Better to book with Princess directly or with ta.

Thanks,

Yes there is anytime dining. A beautiful ship. Been on the Coral for a partial transit last year and will be taking the full transit from FLL to S.F. next May. It is now my favorite Princess ship. Just the right size (1950). Thye do have both balcony and minis. We had a balcony the first time and next year will have a mini on the Dolphin deck which has an open balcony. If you want a good balcony go with the Caribe deck. Their balconies are half covered, half not.

Marilyn

WE ARE SAILING ON THE Coral the day you get off her.

Can you tell me if the mini suite perks are in place yet?

Who is the Captain and the Cruise Director?

Are you in PC dining? If so if you find a wait staff you really enjoy would love to know their names - we'll look them up when we get on.

We are going to be in cabin D527 - where are you?

Please tell us if you find any of the secret balconies that people refer to that you can go to the day you transit the canal especially or just to get some quiet time.

How is the entertainment so far?

We wish you SMOOTH sea's and a FABULOUS cruise.

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to tell us what's going on with the Coral and your cruise.

Can't wait to hear your impressions -

What a great opportunity to ask questions! How is the food in the dining room? Are there long lines/congestion at the Horizon Court for buffet luncheon? How is the entertainment? Does the crew seem well-organized? Are there generally enough Deck Chairs? Some who have posted reviews have remarked that the balconies are noisy or rattle and keep them awake at night. Have you experienced that? I'm booked for a balcony stateroom toward the forward part of the ship on Dolphin Deck for April 2006. Will there be any covering over that balcony? Do you have any complaints so far about any aspect of the cruise?

We were on the Coral from September 10-17, 2005 (Whittier to Vancouver). Minisuite C-716 had a distinct and continuous vibrabration from the engines, while the ship was moving. It didn't bother us, but for those who have problems with it, this cabin and those nearby should be avoided.

Thanks to those of you who made suggestions. Everything that was recommended on this Board was accurate. Several times, we did things that contributors, such as Budget Queen recommended against and we regreted not taking her advice.

The trip and the ship were wonderful.

Dennis

Minisuite C-716 had a distinct and continuous vibrabration from the engines, while the ship was moving. It didn't bother us, but for those who have problems with it, this cabin and those nearby should be avoided.

:( We will be in D 714 and 716 next month. Was the vibration noisy? Was it more like the vibrations you get in the dining room and did it make you sleep better or worse? What about the new perks...new high bed?

AnotherCruise, I think if you just tell us anything about the ship, we'll get excited! Me, I am curious about the vibration Verde mentioned in the forward Caribe minis as we'll be in C229. Are there 1 cent slot machines and if so, are there very many of them? I hope you have good weather and that the storms don't find you. Have a wonderful and safe cruise.

Diane

I'm looking forward to your responses as well. We'll be on the Coral Nov 4/05 for a partial Panama Canal transit. We are really looking forward to this cruise as it will be our first on the Coral. We have heard so much about her plus it will be our first cruise in a mini suite.

Our cruise has been wonderful. The food and service is top notch. We are going to Bayou Cafe tomorrow night so will update on that. The staff is very organized and very friendly. We are approaching Cabo right now. Weather is beautifula and HOT. First formal night was last night. Great entertainment. DANCE was the stage show and we are very impressed with dancers and the staging. All seats are very good, however, our cruise is fully booked so we do need to get there early. Also saw Baine Bacon in Universe Lounge last night and he was great--sang, jokes, excellent pianist. We are in E707 which is a balconey near the aft--aboaut 12 rooms from back. There is a deck all across the back of our deck that is usually empty. It is suppossed to be a great place to watch the locks closing--should be right on top of them. This deck will be the lowest and closest to locks. There are also back decks on about four or five more decks above us that most don't know about. Check floor plans very carefully--I don't line the looks of the open balconies--EVERYONE is hanginga over to look below at them. ALso some of athe bumpout roome don't have privacy. Our balcony is actually much deeper than standard balcony. Is almost square and has lots of room on it. Pillows are very hard! There has been some gentle swaying at night, but I haven't noticed any vibration in back at all. In fact several have commented it is much smoother there than in the front of the ship. I will check more on those covered/uncovered when we get off today. We don't feel crowded at all. We are going t book a future cruise today and we are looking at the passenger count to find more this size. Later. Have to go see Cabo!!

Archived