Escargot on the Coral in Alaska?

cattman

We are sailing N/B Alaska on the Coral in September and are looking forward to escargot in the dining room... it was not offered on our last cruise to the Mexican Riviera.

Can anyone who has sailed the Coral confirm that it is on the menu this Summer? We would like to request it from the HW for multiple nights... anyone had luck with this lately on this ship?

Thanks a bunch!

We are sailing N/B Alaska on the Coral in September and are looking forward to escargot in the dining room... it was not offered on our last cruise to the Mexican Riviera.

Can anyone who has sailed the Coral confirm that it is on the menu this Summer? We would like to request it from the HW for multiple nights... anyone had luck with this lately on this ship?

Thanks a bunch!

Did the Coral and Crown this year. Both had escargot.

While on the Escargot topic, maybe someone can answer the question that my mother has asked me?

I cannot really remember, but is Escargot always a Formal Night dish, or can it be a non-Formal Night dish? I seem to remember that there were "French" themed nights in the past and this may fit in with that theme?

I have not seen that anyone has posted the cruise menus from this Alaska season thus far, so I have not been able to research it.

Escargot is a favorite for my Mom, so it would make her happy to be able to look forward to it! (We do not do Formal Night anymore, and not even the MDR as much either.)

I "borrowed" this picture from someone here or on Facebook at some point, and I thought it would be appropriate to share it here! LOL!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

National-Escargot-Day.jpg.4f7446bfe1363909f49980ec40a52d67.jpg

Edited by cruisehappy001

While on the Escargot topic, maybe someone can answer the question that my mother has asked me?

I cannot really remember, but is Escargot always a Formal Night dish, or can it be a non-Formal Night dish? I seem to remember that there were "French" themed nights in the past and this may fit in with that theme?

I have not seen that anyone has posted the cruise menus from this Alaska season thus far, so I have not been able to research it.

Escargot is a favorite for my Mom, so it would make her happy to be able to look forward to it! (We do not do Formal Night anymore, and not even the MDR as much either.)

I "borrowed" this picture from someone here or on Facebook at some point, and I thought it would be appropriate to share it here! LOL!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

It used to be on the French menu. Now I believe its the International menu?

Not sure about whether its on formal night or not.

If you want to order on other nights see the Head Waiter 24 hours in advance.

Princess has served escargots on both formal and informal evenings, generally twice in a 7-day cruise. If you like escargots nightly, you should consider Celebrity since it is a regularly featured item on their dinner menu and it is quite a bit better than what you get from Princess. We find the Princess escargots too small and too mushy with no body. Just our opinion.

Princess has served escargots on both formal and informal evenings, generally twice in a 7-day cruise. If you like escargots nightly, you should consider Celebrity since it is a regularly featured item on their dinner menu and it is quite a bit better than what you get from Princess. We find the Princess escargots too small and too mushy with no body. Just our opinion.

Food is subjective. We have had both and Princess escargot is far superior. ;)

When its covered in garlic and butter does it really matter???:rolleyes:

I have had escargot on Princess that was fantastic and also had it on Princess that was just "meh". It won't stop me from trying again. :)

On our last cruise we were the only people at our table to order escargot. I thought it was odd but perhaps a lot of people are afraid to try it.

When its covered in garlic and butter does it really matter???:rolleyes:

Hahaha ..... but not all escargots taste alike. There are other ingredients besides just butter and garlic to truly enhance the taste however the star is naturally the escargot itself which should be decent size and with body when you chew on it. At least based on our experience eating them many times on Princess, their escargots seemed a bit too small for our liking. Again, this is just our own opinion.

Hahaha ..... but not all escargots taste alike. There are other ingredients besides just butter and garlic to truly enhance the taste however the star is naturally the escargot itself which should be decent size and with body when you chew on it. At least based on our experience eating them many times on Princess, their escargots seemed a bit too small for our liking. Again, this is just our own opinion.

I am not complaining. We are lucky to have it. :cool:

Thanks everyone, my Mom is getting eager for her Escargot fix! I on the other hand will pass! LOL

I was planning on finding a non-formal night when we like the MDR menu for the next night, and asking a head waiter in advance for a couple of portions for my Mom. She will be in heaven with her Escargot and her favorite Princess Crunchy Rolls to sop up the goodness left in the dish!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Food is subjective. We have had both and Princess escargot is far superior. ;)

I agree. It was great having it available every night on out last Celebrity cruise, but we both preferred the escargot from Princess.