Online viewing of cruise booking

bassbandit

In the past I booked a cruise direct with MSC through their web site. Further to this all cruise information was accessible on screen once logged in.

This year I have booked through a TA for a cruise on the Divina. I am unable now to view my cruise on the MSC site, even once logged in to my personal area. I have tried to add the cruise to my details but am told this is not possible as I booked through a TA.

I find it a little disconcerting that my MSC shows no record of me having a cruise booked and also being unable to check all details of the cruise on screen.

Is everyone happy with this type of situation or is there a way around it, all other cruise lines allow you to access your information ?

Phil

In the past I booked a cruise direct with MSC through their web site. Further to this all cruise information was accessible on screen once logged in.

This year I have booked through a TA for a cruise on the Divina. I am unable now to view my cruise on the MSC site, even once logged in to my personal area. I have tried to add the cruise to my details but am told this is not possible as I booked through a TA.

I find it a little disconcerting that my MSC shows no record of me having a cruise booked and also being unable to check all details of the cruise on screen.

Is everyone happy with this type of situation or is there a way around it, all other cruise lines allow you to access your information ?

Phil

This is standard practice with MSC UK at least. They only allow access to the booking info if you book direct with them, if you book via a TA then all dealings with MSC have to go via your TA.

i've got 3 cruises booked with them , 2 via a TA and one direct.

I can only access the info for the cruise booked direct.

It's really annoying but that's MSC for you , if they can make it difficult they will.

the only way I've found aound it is phone them with regrad to the cruise booked with them then talk about the other two cruises as an apparnt afterthought. Nothing you can do about online access

Pete

This is standard practice with MSC UK at least. They only allow access to the booking info if you book direct with them, if you book via a TA then all dealings with MSC have to go via your TA.

i've got 3 cruises booked with them , 2 via a TA and one direct.

I can only access the info for the cruise booked direct.

It's really annoying but that's MSC for you , if they can make it difficult they will.

the only way I've found aound it is phone them with regrad to the cruise booked with them then talk about the other two cruises as an apparnt afterthought. Nothing you can do about online access

Pete

I booked directly with MSC and still cannot use the website.

^^ THIS. I also booked direct with MSC and cannot access any of my booking info on the website.

Hi

I assume you have logged into your personal area on the MSC site and tried to add your booking reference manually. This worked for me last year when I did a direct booking with them.

Phil

I have tried this yep. In fact when I log on on the ie site I can't even SEE a section to manually add your booking. When I log on on the us site I can and have tried and it just comes up you booked with a TA so have to go through them :confused:

I have tried this yep. In fact when I log on on the ie site I can't even SEE a section to manually add your booking. When I log on on the us site I can and have tried and it just comes up you booked with a TA so have to go through them :confused:

There is an apocryphal story that if you register again with another email address you can then access you account.

It may be worth a go.

If it works you could then confirm that this is a method which does work in some instances.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

There is an apocryphal story that if you register again with another email address you can then access you account.

It may be worth a go.

If it works you could then confirm that this is a method which does work in some instances.

Pete

Tried it. Didn't work. Any idea how to unsubscribe/register that email address!!!!

Tried it. Didn't work. Any idea how to unsubscribe/register that email address!!!!

I logged in to my account (MSC UK), typed unsubscribe into the search area and got a link to this

Contact us

Customer Care and Customer Service are at the core of our business here at MSC Cruises. Our staff are here to help and will be happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Please feel free to contact the MSC Voyagers Club at any time during office hours when our staff will be happy to help you.

Unsubscribe?

Naturally we'd rather keep in touch but, if you no longer wish to receive communications from MSC Cruises and would like to unsubscribe from our database, please send us an e mail with as much detail about yourself as possible i.e. full name, address e mail etc, so that we can locate your records and delete them

You could try the same on your regional offfice

pete

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the website is terrible, I can't see anything on it. But, I get emails from someone who I guess is my PVP and he is wonderful! Everything I ask, he does right away. I requested a copy of my invoice, because like the rest of you, I wanted proof that i actually had something booked with them and I could not print the one he emailed to me. That was probably more of a "Maureen " issue than a MSC issue. :o I asked him if he could just snail mail me a copy. Imagine my delight when 3 days later, I got my invoice as well as their newest brochure! I also sent a request about my loyalty match on a Friday at 545,not expecting him to even see my question until Monday morning and he responded to me before 600. I just emailed him about the price of upgrading to a balcony, I'm sure I will get a response first thing tomorrow morning. :)

Phil

i booked with t.a. as well (MSC Belgium) and it works for me! Ask them your booking number and log via the 'booked' tab as if you were going to book excursions and other extra services and the details should be visible.