New York to Southampton 29th October 15

Fishermanswife

Considering the atmosphere and demografic on the QM2, I don't really expect to see much change in the dress code on this trip. There may be less formal wear, but overall.....even with the denim code, passengers will still be dressed nicely in the dining room. I simply can't imagine a ship full of Cunarders, showing up for dinner in jeans. It's just not going to happen. :p

And if it does....Bell Boy will let you know. :D.

You can count on two more. Neither I nor Mrs. Bluemarble will be wearing denim in the dining room, whether they happen to be called "jeans", "pants", or "trousers". ;)

Regards,

John.

Considering the atmosphere and demografic on the QM2, I don't really expect to see much change in the dress code on this trip. There may be less formal wear, but overall.....even with the denim code, passengers will still be dressed nicely in the dining room. I simply can't imagine a ship full of Cunarders, showing up for dinner in jeans. It's just not going to happen. :p

And if it does....Bell Boy will let you know. :D.

:D :D :D Love it

But with YOUR help ! ;)

We also booked this cruise with the idea that we would be having 4 Formal nights etc. We have decided, to dress as we normally would on a Cunard Cruise, so expect to see us in a suit and tie on Informal nights😃. I'm looking forward to seeing plenty of other guests to be doing the same, I know I can rely on Bellboy to be following suit😉

• 2 weeks later...
I got an email from Cunard today. I can't believe the fares on this TA and the return TA for a sheltered balcony ($599 per person each way). We're very tempted despite the dumbed-down dress code and the loss of Natalie Cole.
So... this crazy abandon-the-dress-code idea has not been a total sell-out success then? :D