Positive Valor review (and a mini-rant about ranters)

smaxwell

Thanks for the review! Fair and Balanced! All the News Fit to Print! Go There! Holy Crap, We're All Going to Die! Or Whatever slogan you boogie to.:D:rolleyes:

Let me say that for embarkation, the one guiding theme on cc is "IGNORE THE DANG EMAILS/ROBOCALLS" to come later. That's why the line was wrapped around the block. Had you been there around 11-11:30, you could have had Fish N Chips for lunch!

We're looking forward to having a "pre-2.0 style-No Guys" cruise in January. Sorta prepping us to love the new VISTA even more:D

Enjoyed your review and completely agree with you!

We are cruising the Valor next month and are very much looking forward to it. And we are apparently committing the cardinal sin of cruising: we are taking our then 13 month old daughter with us! She is very happy and well behaved and we just can't bear leaving her at home. Some on here and other boards have said we are crazy for taking her and also mean, selfish and inconsiderate because they just KNOW that she will wreck other passengers good time. We are responsible parents and will not allow her to do that if at all possible. There are many places on a ship where one can take an unhappy child so they don't disturb others.

As you said, a vacation is what you make it and we plan to make this one great!

I enjoyed reading your review - thanks for sharing it. I'm glad you got to experience the full orchestra and main production shows one more time before they go away - I detest Playlist Productions. Last month on Breeze the only time I set foot in the main lounge was to take a picture.

Can you tell me about Jeanne's bar on Promenade Aft? What kind of drinks do they serve? I will really miss our Alchemy bar on our sailing.

I just got off the Valor today and Jeanne's is the closest you will find onboard to the Alchemy Bar. They are fully stocked on liquor and have a more extensive list of wine by the glass than anywhere else on the ship. No beer though. :(

Also similar to Alchemy Bar, they offer a "Master The Martini" flight of four mini martinis for $18. They were all made using Absolut and the flavors include the spicy chipotle, sea blue and Caribbean sunset. They even have the Carnival wine charms.

Also from personal experience I can tell you they make a mean mojito.

• 2 weeks later...
Happy to see this review! We are going on the Valor on the 29th. All I have seen lately are the THIS WAS THE WORST CRUISE EVER!!! type of reviews! I know this is an older ship without the upgrades. Son-in-law is terribly upset there is no Guys:rolleyes: I think he ate there 3 times a day on the Glory! We have sailed on the Liberty and am thinking it's about the same as that. I think 99% of your experience is the attitude you take with you. Would I rather be on the Breeze, I would. However, it didn't work out time wise for this year. I will be on the Valor and just be thrilled that I'm not a home and there is someone there cooking and cleaning after me for a change:D

We were on the Valor out of San Juan this past winter. My husband was upset that Guy's wasn't available as well. Once on board, though, he had a regular burger on the grill and thought it might have been better. The only thing missing were all the great toppings. Guy's fries are better.

The Valor is a great ship with a great crew. We truly enjoyed it!

BEST REVIEW EVER! O.K.,,I couldn't resist either.... The lovely Mrs. Jones is aboard "Valor" as I type this, and she's doing a B2B. We've sailed this GREAT ship over, and over, and I enjoy it because it DOESN'T have the 2.0 upgrades yet. Love the entertainment, crew, service, and food. Can't wait to get back aboard. Once again, thanks for posting.

"SKY"

Thanks for your input. I sailed on the Valor 2 years ago on it's port-heavy southern carib cruise and had a wonderful time. One of the best cruises on Carnival that I've had (all Carnival cruises were wonderful). I really loved the Valor and the "live" bands in the theater during the productions. Great crew too.

Thank you for so eloquently addressing the complainers on Cruise Critic. Before we went on the Sunshine, a vast majority of the reviews I read were negative. Not being deterred by the reviews, we booked the cruise and I have to say that the Sunshine is now one of my most enjoyed ships. We plan on sailing on her again next year when she moves to New York and takes over the New England / Canada itinerary.

BEST REVIEW EVER! O.K.,,I couldn't resist either.... The lovely Mrs. Jones is aboard "Valor" as I type this, and she's doing a B2B. We've sailed this GREAT ship over, and over, and I enjoy it because it DOESN'T have the 2.0 upgrades yet. Love the entertainment, crew, service, and food. Can't wait to get back aboard. Once again, thanks for posting.

"SKY"

Totally agree and thanks for the perspective:)

Mike

Thank you for your positive review. Have two questions. Does the serenity have a pool and is there also an adult pool. Thank you again for great review.

Mickie

Serenity has two hot tubs, but no pool. However, the aft pool IS adults only.

• 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I are cruising 12/5/15 on the Carnival Valor! I have been on 4 other cruises and this is his first time.

I am hoping that there is a decent amount of people our age (30's) so we can have a good time and meet fun new people. I always have a great time with people of all ages, but sometimes it is easier to relate that way!

Can't wait to go - just wanted to say hello to everyone! :)

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Barrilajl2107&date=12-5-2015&text=Can