Shuttle from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami

fredzy

We will be flying into Ft Lauderdale on Southwest and our cruise on Celebrity Infinity leaves out of Port of Miami late in March. I think I have read that there is a shuttle from Ft Lauderdale to Miami. If so, any info on where and how to contact them would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Fred

Read the FLA boards and you will see SAS, QLS, Go Airport, MJS and others often suggested with fares starting at about $15 per person. The shuttles list the hotels they pick up at on their web sites, saving you a trip back to FLL just to catch a shuttle. When you make reservations they will coordinate pick-up times.

My wife and I are also flying into FLL and then we will take a private transfer via Go shuttle to our hotel in Miami. We arrive the day before embarkation . We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard airport south . There is a supermarket 1.5 miles from the hotel . We will walk to the market. We will pick up our canned soda, bottled water then take either public transportation back to the hotel or have the hotel shuttle pick us up at the super market. Courtyard Marriott also has a free shuttle to Miami ports for their guests.

My wife and I are also flying into FLL and then we will take a private transfer via Go shuttle to our hotel in Miami. We arrive the day before embarkation . We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard airport south . There is a supermarket 1.5 miles from the hotel . We will walk to the market. We will pick up our canned soda, bottled water then take either public transportation back to the hotel or have the hotel shuttle pick us up at the super market. Courtyard Marriott also has a free shuttle to Miami ports for their guests.

Unless you have another reason to stay near the MIA airport I would not spend the time/$$ to travel an hour from FLL to stay near the MIA airport -- easier to stay near FLL and then shuttle/limo/transfer to POM the morning of your cruise.

John,

We have not cruised out of Miami. The reason for the stay at the Courtyard Marriott; it is close to a supermarket and a drug store. We need to stock up on soda & water and female products pre-cruise. I figure it is less of a hassle to tote the soda and water etc. to the Courtyard than to lug it from a FLL hotel. Either way we still have to transfer from FLL to MIA sooner or later. We plan on a GoShuttle sedan from FLL to the Marriott. I'm curious; is it easier to get to the POM from a FLL hotel than it is from the Courtyard airport south? I appreciate any advice you may have.:)

Have a great day!:cool:

John,

We have not cruised out of Miami. The reason for the stay at the Courtyard Marriott; it is close to a supermarket and a drug store. We need to stock up on soda & water and female products pre-cruise. I figure it is less of a hassle to tote the soda and water etc. to the Courtyard than to lug it from a FLL hotel. Either way we still have to transfer from FLL to MIA sooner or later. We plan on a GoShuttle sedan from FLL to the Marriott. I'm curious; is it easier to get to the POM from a FLL hotel than it is from the Courtyard airport south? I appreciate any advice you may have.:)

Have a great day!:cool:

It is much easier to get from FLL area hotels to POM than it is to get from FLL to your hotel near the MIA airport. You should be able to find a hotel in the same budget range with free shuttle service to/from the FLL airport. Shuttle service during late morning/early afternoon from FLL area to POM is available from QLS, SAS and many others for about $15 per person - what are you paying to get to your Miami hotel? :confused:

Lots of hotels in the FLL area that are near to shopping - 1.5 miles sounds like a long way to carry soda, etc. :( http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Free shuttle to the Miami port?? Hmmm I'll have to look into this hotel.

One of the reasons we chose Courtyard Marriott. When I googled this property I came across this review.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/courtyard-miami-airport-miami-3?hrid=momLd5jD8izzVcJ3v8uDcA&utm_campaign=search_listing&utm_medium=partnership&utm_source=yahoo

We are staying with our original plan of FLL to Courtyard Miami then to POM via complimentary shuttle. We feel more comfortable being in Miami when we awake on the morning of the cruise.:)

JohninDC,

Thanks for your help.

FYI , there is a shared shuttle to the hotel from FLL via Go Shuttle ($23.00 PP) Private transfer is $75.00 + gratuity.

Safe sailing !:cool:

Thank you for that tip! We appreciate everyone's help!:) We are leaning towards Go Shuttle because they are "in house" at FLL and less of a chance of being "lost in the shuffle" . Their vehicles are right outside baggage claim and they have a desk at the airport(baggage claim level). :cool:

FYI

I do recall reading this, a few days ago, while browsing for information.:o

According to the SAS web site;

"Pick ups at the FLL Airport begin at 9:30 A.M. FLL Airport and immediate FLL Airport area hotels to the Port of Miami and downtown Miami Hotels

We No longer offer service to Miami Beach, South Beach or Miami Airport Area Hotels

1-4 passengers $15 ea

5+ passengers $13 ea

The above prices reflect a discount for cash, Credit Cards have a $3 per transaction processing fee. Minimum Credit Card Charge is $25

http://ridesas.com/html/rates.html

Forewarned is forearmed - Old Proverb :cool:

I am calling Hyatt House Miami Airport to ask if they have a shuttle to and from the FLL airport

This is what their website says

"The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle that runs from the hotel every hour on the hour starting 5:00 am and 12:00 am daily. Guest must call the hotel upon arriving to Miami International Airport to request for shuttle pick up. Our Courtesy Vans pick-up and drop-off guests curbside on the SECOND FLOOR - DEPARTURE LEVEL per airport regulations. Please note that the baggage claim area is located on first floor - lower level. If you are claiming checked baggage, please return to the second floor before proceeding outside to wait for our shuttle. While there is not a dedicated pick up area, our Courtesy Drivers will stop at any of the terminals located on the second floor. Please give our driver a friendly wave to identify yourself as a Hyatt guest. You will arrive at the hotel within approximately 10 minutes.

Arrivals to Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport

Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport - 29¼ miles

For more information, click here."

So not SUPER clear, but I bet they do not, but I figure it is worth a call

after further research, what I personally will probably do is

Find a hotel in FLL with airport shuttle

take http://www.tri-rail.com/ to MIA airport, think its like 3.75 per person one way

then take a cab or Uber to MIA port - cab fare is around 24.00+tip, but we have a free Uber so will probably take that

after further research, what I personally will probably do is

Find a hotel in FLL with airport shuttle

take http://www.tri-rail.com/ to MIA airport, think its like 3.75 per person one way

then take a cab or Uber to MIA port - cab fare is around 24.00+tip, but we have a free Uber so will probably take that

Noooooo! :eek:

Why spend 45+ minutes and $3.75 each riding Tri-Rail to still be a 15-20 minute/$27 cab ride from the port (Uber not allowed at the MIA airport unless something has changed)? :confused:

The easy solution is a $15 per person shared shuttle from the FLL area - do not make it hard on yourself. ;)

Noooooo! :eek:

Why spend 45+ minutes and $3.75 each riding Tri-Rail to still be a 15-20 minute/$27 cab ride from the port (Uber not allowed at the MIA airport unless something has changed)? :confused:

The easy solution is a $15 per person shared shuttle from the FLL area - do not make it hard on yourself. ;)

I've gotten picked up with uber/lyft at the airport and they are technically banned from DFW airport but they always come pick me up there.

And the shuttle is a decent deal, but like I said, uber is free for me, and if it's your first ride you can get a free one as well. If I want to be safe I could always take the tri rail and hop off somewhere right before the airport and summon an uber or lyft...it would make it 7.00 total if I do it this way. As for time sucking, well I always wake up early 6 or 7am on day of cruise and then am just waiting around, so long transportation time isn't a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's your cruise, but you are looking at a shuttle from FLL to the Tri-rail station, waiting on a train, the train ride, walking through the MIA airport to wherever Uber will pick you up, waiting on the Uber driver, and then a 20 minute ride to the port -- if that was my plan my wife would shoot me somewhere in the middle of the trip. :eek:

Since you have credit with Uber why not let them transport you form FLL to POM? :confused:

Edited by JohninDC

It's your cruise, but you are looking at a shuttle from FLL to the Tri-rail station, waiting on a train, the train ride, walking through the MIA airport to wherever Uber will pick you up, waiting on the Uber driver, and then a 20 minute ride to the port -- if that was my plan my wife would shoot me somewhere in the middle of the trip. :eek:

Since you have credit with Uber why not let them transport you form FLL to POM? :confused:

Uber credits are usually only 30.00 per ride, I believe it would be more from FFL to POM

$15-20 plus your credit will save you a lot of hassle and time - a wise investment IMHO, but it is your vacation. Have a great cruise! :)

Not sure exactly what we will do but I am sure it will all work out - as we are in an inside and will have nothing to do on the day of, time really isnt an issue, but it really just depends on how nice of a hotel we can get.

FLL airport is SO much better than MIA, but I find that hotels can be a lot more in FLL so we shall see.

:D