Dress Code Question

paige78

Of course if I were corporate counsel, I might of shored up that hole
My point exactly. They are not included in the example of what is acceptable/appropriate, nor are they specifically banned as are shorts, swimwear, etc.

Jeans are absolutely allowed, permitted, and appropriate in the dining rooms. I wear them all the time.

:rolleyes:

Denim is denim is denim. Doesn't matter if it's a pair of jeans, a skirt or what....it's still DENIM:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Denim is denim is denim. Doesn't matter if it's a pair of jeans, a skirt or what....it's still DENIM:rolleyes:

And silk is silk and cotton is cotton and polyester is polyester. I have yet to see any cruise line prohibit a particular fabric. FYI my favorite pair of jeans are not denim but a blend of cotton, polyester and spandex.

Not that it matters, but due to overwhelming customer feedback in Houston andGalveston, NCL revised their dress code to 'wear whatever you like, whenever you like.' And yes, that means jeans are allowed.

NCL Dress Code - Texaribbean Cruises

Freestyle Cruising means wear whatever you like wherever you like; "resort casual" is the norm each night in most dining facilities, though some prefer to dress more formally–-read: cocktail dresses and suit/tie--for the Captain's farewell dinner.

Now . . . . I do prefer, and will be seen in my full tails and top hat. Further, I prefer spending my time with Carnival and not the others, however, I'm not going to 'lose' my supper because someone was sitting next to me in the best clothes they had to bring for the cruise. Uppittys can be uppittys, but I'll dine with those who do their best any day of the week. Look me up if you wanna have dinner.

And silk is silk and cotton is cotton and polyester is polyester. I have yet to see any cruise line prohibit a particular fabric.

FYI my favorite pair of jeans are not denim but a blend of cotton, polyester and spandex.

That wasn't the point....

LMAO....I bet that's quite the fashion statement:rolleyes:

My point exactly. They are not included in the example of what is acceptable/appropriate, nor are they specifically banned as are shorts, swimwear, etc.

But be inference, they are excluded from the definition of what is allowable. This is how lawsuits are made (not inferring there will be a lawsuit over dress code) just the fact that there is sloppy construction of a policy.

In fact is the FAQ actually representative of the written policy? Anyone found a written policy outside of the FAQ?

Michael

But be inference, they are excluded from the definition of what is allowable.

How do you get that the inference is that they are "excluded" from what is allowable?

Couldn't I just as easily say that by inference they are included in what is allowable or excluded from what is not allowable.

I think the Carnival policy is pretty clear, slacks and skirts are considered Resort Casual and are allowed. It doesnt really make a difference what they happen to be made of.

But that's just my opinion.

Yawn. Anyone who says jeans are not allowed in the dining room is still a liar. And no, you don't have to eat in the Lido.

There is no policy against jeans and it wouldn't be enforced even if there was.

An example of a real policy that definitely is loosely enforced, if at all:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board.

For any legal eagles - here is an example of a contract:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

Nothing in there whatsoever about jeans, but certainly alcohol is mentioned - they can quite legally boot you off the ship:

"(d) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption.

Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation."

Have a Nice Day!

What strikes me as hysterically funny is the same people on these boards that harp and harp some more on people who wear jeans into the dining room are the exact same people who seem to deem it "permissible" to smuggle their own alcohol on board, when it explicitly states in the rules that you cannot.

As I understand it, jeans are not allowed in the dinning room. Correct me if I am wrong on that. But for us women, what about a dark jean knee length skirt, dressed up with the right shoes and top?? I am just curious about this. Thanks to anyone who knows!

Wear the jeans and wear the jean skirt.. :D

WeatherGeek. You obiously don't know me. I don't smuggle booze, don't hoard poolside chairs or try to reserve seats in the theater and I don't look for reasons to complain or criticize the ship's personnel. My Mom taught me better.

WeatherGeek. You obiously don't know me. I don't smuggle booze, don't hoard poolside chairs or try to reserve seats in the theater and I don't look for reasons to complain or criticize the ship's personnel. My Mom taught me better.

I won't name names but it obviously wasn't directed at you because if you KNOW you don't do any of that then there is no need to get defensive about it.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I see the same people griping about others wearing jeans in the dining room but two posts down, they're advocating new ways to smuggle alcohol onboard.

If you've never done that, then don't worry about it because my comment doesn't apply to you.

Oh and I forgot to mention that two posts after the advocating of alcohol, they're griping because people are saving pool chairs!

We just returned from NCL Dream and it is even POSTED by the restaurants that blue jeans will not be accepted at dinner. Boy! I'd take jeans ANYTIME compared to what was worn into the dining rooms...............t-shirts, sweat pants, tennies and even BASEBALL CAPS..................and no one stopped them from coming in.

I saw very nice blue jeans on people and THEY were directed up to Trattoria because "that restaurant accepts jeans".................

Formal night.............a few suits...........we dressed up and the guy across from us had on a dirty (YES!) t-shirt, sweat pants and a baseball cap. His wife was in grubbies as well. Casual is casual, grubby is grubby.

My point is.................NCL (at least the Dream) does NOT enforce any code except for jeans; dining in their nice dining rooms is just like eating at McDonalds. Except...............the food is good!! And, the servers, too.:confused:

I was on the Valor in May and wore a dark, pleated, knee-length, demin skirt and thought nothing of it. I wear the same to work and out to dinner at home. With a dressy top and heels. I didn't remotely feel out of place or underdressed. I can't say the rest of the ship was doing much more for dinner on nonformal nights. Speaking of which, when and if I stop seeing women wearing sundresses or black pants and a sweater on formal nights, I'll worry about my denim skirt. :p

We just returned from NCL Dream and it is even POSTED by the restaurants that blue jeans will not be accepted at dinner.

Interesting, cause in a the near future they will be sailing from Texas (if Houston is still there) and as someone already posted for Tejas cruises:

http://www.ncl.com/more/fp_mi_w2n.htm#dress

Blue Jeans will be allowed in all dining rooms on all Houston departures, due to the Texas culture.

How would everyone feel about a ship to experiment with more casual and less restrictive policies. Even a less formal environment in the dining room so that those that aren't into dressy venues don't feel intimidated. Staff dressing a little down and more simple basic table settings. Just like with Paradise that tested a completely smoke-free cruise. Any standard of dress individuals wish, anywhere on the ship. No booze rules. (watch what you might step in) Unlimited standards of behavior such as saving chairs or seats. I can just imagine the PJs and bathrobes at breakfast and lunch and hair rollers. ;-) Carnival has been pretty inovative and this doesn't seem like much of a stretch to statisfy their guests. If the ship sells well, then add another ship to the experiment.

And silk is silk and cotton is cotton and polyester is polyester. I have yet to see any cruise line prohibit a particular fabric. FYI my favorite pair of jeans are not denim but a blend of cotton, polyester and spandex.

And FYI for you, your favorite jeans ARE in fact DENIM.

From Dictionary.com:

Denim: A coarse twilled cloth, usually cotton, used for jeans, overalls, and work uniforms.

And FYI for you, your favorite jeans ARE in fact DENIM.

From Dictionary.com:

Denim: A coarse twilled cloth, usually cotton, used for jeans, overalls, and work uniforms.

Except they are not made of denim since they are not made of a coarse twilled cloth but a blend of cotton, poly and spandex which results in a lightweight material.

Archived