Cruised the Breeze....now what ? lol

DKNE

We cruised the Breeze in January with the kids (our first Carnival cruise, not counting my cruise in 1995 that was too long ago lol) and so of course on a brand new ship and very high expectations, what ship would you recommend for our next sailing ?

I've been on many cruises and to countless islands, but this would be the kids 3rd cruise, so I am interested in Turks & Caicos, St Martin, St Thomas, kinda of thing. Conquest or Splendor have nice itineraries (which include above and also San Juan and Aruba and Curcao types of ports) so its hard to pick! but both are older ships and not sure if they have activities enough to occupy the kids, like the Breeze did. We just did Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman, so want to try new ports for the kids.

Any ship suggestions or input would be great, as in Conquest vs Splendor or another ship you would recommend after coming off the Breeze. Thanks ! :D

You could try Sunshine or Magic when it moves to PC if you want the bells and whistles. I know that having done Breeze twice and Dream that when traveling with the kids we will always pick a Dream class or the new Vista class.

I was just about to look up the Dream ports ! Thanks ! :) I don't think Vista starts sailing till Nov 2016

We cruised the Breeze in January with the kids (our first Carnival cruise, not counting my cruise in 1995 that was too long ago lol) and so of course on a brand new ship and very high expectations, what ship would you recommend for our next sailing ?

I've been on many cruises and to countless islands, but this would be the kids 3rd cruise, so I am interested in Turks & Caicos, St Martin, St Thomas, kinda of thing. Conquest or Splendor have nice itineraries (which include above and also San Juan and Aruba and Curcao types of ports) so its hard to pick! but both are older ships and not sure if they have activities enough to occupy the kids, like the Breeze did. We just did Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman, so want to try new ports for the kids.

Any ship suggestions or input would be great, as in Conquest vs Splendor or another ship you would recommend after coming off the Breeze. Thanks ! :D

You didn't say when you were planning to cruise - Carnival is moving some ships around in the next year. Also, I am assuming you want to cruise from southern Florida. The following would be the ships that you would be interested in:

Carnival: Breeze (until it leaves for Texas), Vista, Sunshine, Magic (when it comes to Port Canaveral)

Royal: Oasis, Allure, Harmony

Norwegian: Escape, Getaway

MSC: Divina, Seaside

All of the above ships are 5 years or less old (except the Sunshine, which had a $150 million upgrade and all kinds of bells and whistles added 2-3 years.ago). In fact, Vista, Harmony, Escape, and Seaside are all still being built. These are the newest ships from the major players in the south Florida, family-oriented market.

• 2 weeks later...
You didn't say when you were planning to cruise - Carnival is moving some ships around in the next year. Also, I am assuming you want to cruise from southern Florida. The following would be the ships that you would be interested in:

Carnival: Breeze (until it leaves for Texas), Vista, Sunshine, Magic (when it comes to Port Canaveral)

Royal: Oasis, Allure, Harmony

Norwegian: Escape, Getaway

MSC: Divina, Seaside

All of the above ships are 5 years or less old (except the Sunshine, which had a $150 million upgrade and all kinds of bells and whistles added 2-3 years.ago). In fact, Vista, Harmony, Escape, and Seaside are all still being built. These are the newest ships from the major players in the south Florida, family-oriented market.

We r probably looking at probably January or April 2016. Would love to try the Vista but it doesn't come out till fall 2016. Might wait for that one till Jan 2017.

Thanks for the suggestions will definitely keep those all in mind. :)

After having been on the Breeze twice, I tried out the NCL Getaway, and was blown away... I love Carnival, and the Breeze is currently their best ship, but the Getaway is even a step beyond it... So many dining choices, awesome water slides and ropes course...

If you enjoyed the Breeze and have time to wait, when the Magic makes her transition to PC this is the ship you want to consider! Having cruised recently she was amazing! The upgrades coming to her will only make her better as she was the newest ship in the fleet prior to the arrival of the Vista which hasn't even had her inaugural sailing yet. The decor, amenities, and entertainment are top notch and her staff is unbelievably friendly and personable in every aspect of their job duties.

Edited by Leasmanjr

• 2 weeks later...

Well we've decided on the Carnival Vista :D And yes we decided to wait until Jan 2017 !! But we are now sailing with a bunch of friends now. So 8 adults and 7 kids !! Gonna be tons of fun !!

Great itinerary... St Martin, St Kitts, San Juan Puerto Rico and Turks & Caicos !

Simply can't wait!

Thanks for all your suggestions! We did consider the breeze again, but we wanted to try a different ship.

Leasmanjr we actually did contemplate the Magic, but the Vista won over :)

Edited by DKNE

Try a scenic OV on the Sunshine; the cabin views alone are amazing. Just be sure to close that floor to ceiling shade or you may never sleep thru the night from gazing at the stars and moon and watching other ships pass by from the comfort of your bed! Sunshine has lots of extras- on a smaller scale- like the Breeze, minus the motion theater.