Wine and B2B2B

winnipegmanitoba

We will be doing a B2B2B and I was wondering how much wine we are allowed on embarkation? I know on other cruise lines as long as you have all of your boarding passes you are allowed 2/cabin per sailing. That would be 6 bottles of wine. Does Celebrity do the same thing?

Note that I am not trying to do something against the rules, merely wondering if I am able to bring all 6 of my allowed bottles of wine (2/sailing) onboard at embarkation.

I would expect you will be allowed to board with the standard two bottles per stateroom.

The screeners are sort of like TSA at the airport, not so much celebrity employees, and unaware of how many B2B cruises you have booked. If two bottles are allowed by the "rules" you can only board with two.

Don't put too much credence in what you were told on the phone, sadly there are many cruisers who report that the "land" employees are completely out of touch with what really happens onboard.

If you do come onboard at embarkation or in ports with wine or alcohol over the two, all they do is take it and store it for you, then give it back. On my B2B duty free and extra wines were returned to passengers on Friday night so it can be packed in luggage. Just sayin', and I was staying in the same cabin. Also took a nice walk in turnaround port and visited a wine shop, you get a special pass to return on board bypassing check-in, only with a quick walk through security.

we have done many B2B's on Celebrity. You are allowed two 750ml bottles of wine at embarkation of each of the two or three cruises. Any additional wine will be held by the ship until the end of each cruise and those bottles will be returned to you the last night of the cruise so you can pack them for disembarkation. Essentially, all the wine you bring on the first cruise will be returned to your cabin on the last night of that cruise and you will have to store (or drink) the wine in your cabin for the next cruise(s).

There have been reports of wine being held for both cruises and only returned when you are really departing, but that has not been our experience.

Just a suggestion that has worked for us many times on Celebrity, but board separately. The two bottles is per cabin, BUT the security personnel do not match express passes so if you board separately you can bring 4 bottles on per cruise.

We too are doing B2B2B on Silhouette, then following that up with two weeks on the Eclipse. We're also from Manitoba, Canada.

Message us with your cruise details.