!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

I kept walking towards the ship. I took a few more pictures on the way there.

untitled-695_zps7tyb3cf1.jpg

This would be a really nice ride, if only it would not be about 95+ degrees that day.

untitled-696_zpsihxkwpnj.jpg

untitled-697_zps43ojfbkq.jpg

untitled-698_zpstglvderr.jpg

untitled-699_zpsbx3qrlbf.jpg

untitled-700_zpso2phxdyq.jpg

Edited by gambee

untitled-706_zpscrvx2p5z.jpg

They were testing the life boats.

untitled-707_zpsifea5mkf.jpg

untitled-708_zpsbqpecknm.jpg

untitled-709_zpsyhbrjncz.jpg

I forgot to mention that when I was first boarding the ship in Miami my card malfunctioned. And when getting off the ship in Nassau it did it again. So it is no wonder that when I tried getting back it malfunction again. They started asking me a bunch of questions, cabin number, people sailing with me, origin, nationality, etc. She had me there about 5 minutes. Can you imagine if I had run back to the ship instead looking for a bathroom in port? Dear Lord, the thought of it just anguishes me.

Back inside, the first thing I did was to go to guest service to get that card fixed. And headed to the room to get changed. My clothes were soaked in sweat! Not a pretty sight.

untitled-710_zps25dktekb.jpg

untitled-711_zpsxbruuel3.jpg

Edited by gambee

untitled-712_zpsza2c2tcu.jpg

The ship was pretty empty. It is kind of funny, when I went to Nassau on the Disney Dream, I was expecting everyone to get off, and we would just enjoy the ship privately. To my surprised very few people got off the ship, it seemed like everyone had the same idea :D. That vessel was a dream come true!

untitled-713_zpslp7oajxl.jpg

On the way to the room, I saw my mom with one aunty. She told me that my uncle and my other aunt had gone on a bus tour through the island, and that they had decided to stay back and enjoy the pool. I think mom felt bad for me and came to check how I was holding up.

The plus side to all that fiasco is that I was looking thin, I think I lost about 4 pounds that morning :D

There is one more thing to add to this story. I actually posted a little about the event on a social network. A fellow cruiser suggested that I should inform the crew of the eggs, so that the episode would not repeat in other cruisers. I mainly did not do it because of plain laziness and I was just recovering. Then someone else posted, that I should not go through with it because I might get quarantined. I’ll be dammed. They were right. I wonder when they decide to quarantine people? I looked pretty sick, pale and whatnot. That would have completely ruined my cruise if it had happened.

Anyway, we headed up to the aft pool to relax for a little while. I was starving by then, but I was afraid to eat anything and upset my stomach again.

untitled-715_zpswvrkyodo.jpg

The area was almost empty. It was ideal for me, just so I could relax a little.

untitled-716_zps9jyhtozx.jpg

untitled-717_zpszd7zr4mw.jpg

untitled-718_zpsig8dae5z.jpg

The seagulls were enjoying a tasty breakfast.

untitled-721_zpskxicspit.jpg

Oh Gosh! Is that an egg Benedict in her beak? Someone help her! :D

untitled-722_zpsfvdkxuke.jpg

The area stayed pretty quiet for the most part, and the 3 drunk dj's seemed to be recovering from their hangover. It was perfectly peaceful in there.

untitled-723_zpsjpb9b8jx.jpg

I decided to try to eat some ice cream, it was not my best judgement. But I really did not know what else to eat. Fruits sometimes disagree with me, and everything else was really strong. Fortunately, it was fine, and it actually helped me a little :)

The ice cream aboard the ship was actually really good!

untitled-725_zpstpqfqchk.jpg

A few people started arriving.

untitled-726_zpsj7v5cozl.jpg

untitled-729_zpslsym82co.jpg

The owner did not appear to be on board.

untitled-730_zpspjrgxwaf.jpg

Always a pretty view.

untitled-731_zpscigoaa1p.jpg

untitled-738_zpszcojrd5w.jpg

It hit the spot, I was feeling much better.

untitled-748_zpstn2ilszv.jpg

I just relaxed there for a little while, and allowed the tea to its magical work.

untitled-744_zpsjl6ml6jo.jpg

Meanwhile, mom and aunty went to get some lunch at the buffet, my wild guess is that it was around noon?

untitled-749_zpsl1clk4z9.jpg

The green item was fish with lemon and cilantro. I though it was guacamole.

untitled-750_zpsvaobad6u.jpg

untitled-762_zpsruirmhcy.jpg

I decided to go to chopsticks and get some food there. The fried rice was about the same as before, not great, but not bad either. The fried roll was good, and so was the beef. I also added some mashed potatoes from the other options. It was an ok lunch, but I've had much better on other ships. I really wanted to try the pizza, but that would have been a mortal mistake!

untitled-763_zpsdzyzdnts.jpg

For dessert I got an almond flavored napoleon, it was divine!

untitled-764_zpsgkbglsyf.jpg

Then my uncle and aunt arrived. The tour lasted about two hours and he drove them around the island. He said it was fun and very informative. I was glad that they had enjoyed it, but at the same time this is not something that I would do. Just not my thing. Then again… Anyway, more on that later on.

Mom had been using my phone all morning, and had drained the battery. So I went to the room to get my portable battery, so that she could continue using the phone up there. By the way, I highly recommend these batteries. They are capable of recharging the phone about 3 times.

untitled-766_zpsedjdazrl.jpg

untitled-765_zpszxlntrz2.jpg

Never apologize for a long answer. :) Thanks for the help. Never realized the time-lapse feature took regular pictures and that i could just select what I want to keep instead of the whole time lapse. Was never interested in the Go Pro but Verizon offered me a brand new hero 3+ silver for $50 when I upgraded a phone on my account so it was too good to pass up, now I love it. Thanks again.

That was a great deal! They are great little cameras, I paid much more for mine.

AH, gambee! WONDERFUL review and photography, as always!

Looks like you and your family had a fantastic time, too!

Thanks for taking us along!

Barb

Glad you're enjoying the review Barb, thank you for joining ;)

Hi all!

gambee ~ both of your future cruise choices sound great but I think if you can swing it the Alaska one should be your choice.

I never had any interest in doing one but went because my travel partner at the time wanted to go & had done a few things I wanted to do.

It was so good that I did one again last August! Only bad thing about it was the airfare to Seattle!

Your pictures from there would be sooooo amazing & different!

I've only done Dream & Breeze on Carnival, both subdued decor so don't know if I could handle the more gaudy ships although they are a bit intriguing.;)

Carry on with your splendid review friend.

~ Jo ~ :)

True that Jo, I will have to see. I would love to get a great deal on an Alaska cruise. We shall wait and see :)

So happy someone mentioned this review on the RCI board. I THINK it was Sherri. Thank you for the head's up, Sherri.

I MUST tell you how thankful my friend was when I sent her the link to your Breakaway review/travel blog. She was embarking on her very first cruise on the Breakaway to Bermuda, and your wonderful pictures, comments, advice were a wealth of information before boarding.

So happy to see a pic of you and your family. Nice!! It's late and 5:30am comes real fast so unfortunately, I have to put this aside to be continued tomorrow. I'm only on page 4. Looking forward to more. I just hope your mom doesn't spill anything!!

It's heartwarming how close you are to your mom and family. Treasure the times with them.

I sure do, thank you for joining the review :)

I'm glad you felt well enough to stop and take pictures on your way back to the ship! I had forgotten that you found the Starbucks, and I was thinking, how did he do that? I'd probably be curled up on a sidewalk. Good thinking not to report it to anyone. You'd have been quarantined for sure!

Last time we got off the ship in Nassau, we took one of those carriage rides. It was actually nice. The biggest issue were the carriages. The first one I was able to get into, but DH looked at it, and said no way! Then I had to get myself out! The second carriage was somewhat bigger and fit us better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just started reading your review last night and am finally caught up! I love all you funny stories and your sense or humor. The stories about the spa and the gym literally made me laugh out loud! And the unfortunate story of your eggs benedict....horrible! Looking forward to following along the rest of the cruise, thanks for all you do Gambee!

Gambee are the jacuzzi's in the Serenity area new...I've never seen the big jacuzzi's like that before on any of the ships. I like that because more people can get in. I don't like the small round ones because they are small, and more kids tend to get in them and just stay in them all day.