!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

So glad to find another Gambee review! I bought a new camera after reading your review of the Breeze (one for myself and one for my daughter)! I had to have repeats of some of your fantastic shots. I first used it on an Alaskan cruise and the results were fabulous. Following along on this one as I am hooked again. Trying to avoid noticing the fantastic GoPro pix so I won't have that investment before our family cruise in March.

LoL you just might have to buy a gopro before your next cruise ;)

Welcome aboard, and thank you for posting :)

Wow, Gambee, I can't even leave for a couple hours and I am so far behind in your review. You are one popular person.

Your photos are just amazing. I can't even pick a favorite. I love them all. I can't believe how old the Majesty looked. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Mardi Gras. That was really old and probably a lot smaller than the Majesty. But, boy did we have fun. That was in 1990. When we were leaving Nassau on that ship, we saw the Carnival Fantasy entering the channel and were cruising on it the next month. What a difference from the Mardi Gras to the Fantasy at that time. Some great memories. That started the addiction.

Sorry you got sick. That has to be awful. Glad you got better.

I'll be following along today, but will be away tomorrow and Tuesday. It will take me a week to catch up, but I'll do it. Keep up the great work. You have the best reviews that I have ever seen. So don't stop cruising. We are counting on you for our entertainment. ;)

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program.......:p

Gwen

Sorry Gwen, I was at work today and could not post any more. I will post a short set tomorrow, and then a long on Tuesday. :)

Gambee- here's a Superyacht for you. She came into St Maarten harbor just before we left on the Ruby Princess and tied up next to us.

She is the Eclipse-owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich (who amongst other things owns Chelsea Football Club in the UK).

533 feet long, 13,000 gross tonnes. Carries it's own mini-submarine, has two helicopter landing pads. Crew of 70. Built in Hamburg for 340 million Euros.

Norris, also a yacht lover

I remembered reading about this one long ago, I think she held the title for the longest for quite a while. Definitely a lovely vessel.

I have always wondered who decides where they go to. After all, the owners rarely use them.

I feel it's been forever since one of your reviews! Glad you got to go on another trip so I can live vicariously :)

You're right, it has been quite a while since my last review. I miss writing them so very much. This year I decided to go snowboarding in spring, rather than cruising. I am not sure I am happy with the decision now.

I can't pull myself away from your review. Your photos are just stunning. The narratives both informative and amusing. Love all the little personal details. Reading this on my iPad just accentuates how beautiful the photos are. I think you need to teach a class in photo taking and editing. Thanks yet again for sharing this review.

Glad you're still enjoying it, more to come soon :)

As always another awesome review. Your photos are fantastic. So glad you had a great trip and are sharing it with us.

This ship has some seriously hideous decor. It looks like Vegas ate the eggs Benedict and threw up all over this ship!

Keep up the great work!

Missy

OMG, that comment had me cracking up at work. But thank God my indigestion was not both ways ;)

Thank you for a good laugh :D

Ahh the majesty of the seas *love* such an oldie, but such a goodie, she really is a beautiful ship inside and out. Perfect for a quick getaway cruise

Love the aft pool, the new pics gave me a better understanding of it. Your pictures of the promenade deck were just lovely

So sorry about your rough stomach in Nassau, always bring Imodium with you. Seriously. Keep it everywhere, car, camera bag, work, etc. never know when you'll need it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You the ironic part was that my mom had imodium, but by the time we realized it, my stomach had calmed down. But you're 100% right, it should be in my camera bag. Although lately I don't carry a bag at all, just the essentials on me.

I am a newbie who will be sailing on my first cruise on Sep 12th on NCL Getaway and I have already booked my second cruise on Carnival Conquest on Oct 12th. While doing my research I first came across your website, then your facebook page and now this. I have to say I really enjoy your reviews and am glad I found them. I only wish I could invite you for drinks so I could pick your brain about going solo on my first cruise. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge and experience.

-Rik

Welcome to cruising Rik, I am glad you found me early in your addiction. I certainly offer a lot of useful information for those that are just getting started. Feel free to ask me any, I will be more than happy to help you out.

I wish I had two cruises booked like you have, I am sure you will have a blast!

Not sure how the rollaway bed compares, but I slept on an upper like this on my second Victory cruise and man was that bed UNCOMFORTABLE. Not sure what it was...maybe the mattress was too thin? Whatever it was every morning I woke up with a sore neck and back. Hopefully the rollaway was at least a little more comfortable for your mom!

Let me put it this way. It was so uncomfortable that my aunt was sleeping on it at first, and she said that she could not take it any more. Then my mom changed beds with her, I was not very thrilled with the decision, but kept quiet. My mom has numerous back issues, herniated disks and what not. I tried it on one occasion, and I sank in there. I think she should just have thrown that mattress on the floor. It was horrible!

Try SoftScrub with Bleach with a toothbrush to get in all the little grooves.:):)

Not sure about the Soft Scrub as it may be too abrasive. When I used to clean the white grout in my main shower, I'd use whitening toothpaste and an old soft toothbrush. You have to get a toothpaste that is actually a solid white paste, however; no stripes, or green or blue "gel" type toothpastes. On your models, I would use a soft cotton or microfiber cloth to give it a try. Those models look like glazed ceramic pieces, though and I don't understand why they'd yellow. Hope you don't have them near or especially over a heat source, like a hot television set; that could be a possible culprit. Good luck!!:)

Not sure about the Soft Scrub as it may be too abrasive. When I used to clean the white grout in my main shower, I'd use whitening toothpaste and an old soft toothbrush. You have to get a toothpaste that is actually a solid white paste, however; no stripes, or green or blue "gel" type toothpastes. On your models, I would use a soft cotton or microfiber cloth to give it a try. Those models look like glazed ceramic pieces, though and I don't understand why they'd yellow. Hope you don't have them near or especially over a heat source, like a hot television set; that could be a possible culprit. Good luck!!:)

I was actually really lazy and I just threw them in bleach for some time. Fortunately, they all came out ok, but only a tad cleaner. They are next to my large TV, but I cannot remember the last time I turned on the TV. So I think it should be ok.

Wow I have been Gambeenized. I'm loving this review and your pics are amazing!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Gambeenized, now that is a new term :D. Glad you like it, you should try reading the other ones. I am very proud of all of them :)

Yay! I'm so excited I strolled across this review. I sailed on the Victory in 2013 and am doing so again in October. I wanted to see what the updates were while she was in drydock. Super bummed they didn't add mini refrigerators though. =/ Can't wait to see more of the review.

You will be ok without a fridge. I thought it would be a big issue, but we made it just fine. Our cabin steward always made sure that we had ice :).

That said, I think the Dry Dock changes were minimal. The ship does look fairly clean though. Just some rust here and there.

Have a great cruise :)

I'm thrilled to have found a new Gambee review! Thank you for posting the link on your older reviews. I'm still subscribed, so I got the link in my email and have spent a good part of the afternoon and evening reading. You are off to another great start, and I'm looking forward to following along the rest of the way. Even though I'm one of those people who are not planning to sail on the Victory any time soon, I am very much enjoying the chance to see her through your eyes - and your camera lens!

Hello there, nice to see again. Remember, even if you don't plan on sailing on this ship. There are always the ports, I did plenty of exploring in both :)

Thank you for presence, it is greatly appreciated.

So happy someone mentioned this review on the RCI board. I THINK it was Sherri. Thank you for the head's up, Sherri.

I MUST tell you how thankful my friend was when I sent her the link to your Breakaway review/travel blog. She was embarking on her very first cruise on the Breakaway to Bermuda, and your wonderful pictures, comments, advice were a wealth of information before boarding.

So happy to see a pic of you and your family. Nice!! It's late and 5:30am comes real fast so unfortunately, I have to put this aside to be continued tomorrow. I'm only on page 4. Looking forward to more. I just hope your mom doesn't spill anything!!

It's heartwarming how close you are to your mom and family. Treasure the times with them.

What I do is that I set the camera to take a picture every 2 seconds. I pull the camera out of my bathing suit. My selfie stick is already long enough in the compressed position, so I do not have to extend it any further. Then I press the shutter button and I take about 10 seconds of pictures (5 shots). Then use photosweeper to select the best one and erase the other.

Sorry for the long answer, I hope I made myself clear.

Never apologize for a long answer. :) Thanks for the help. Never realized the time-lapse feature took regular pictures and that i could just select what I want to keep instead of the whole time lapse. Was never interested in the Go Pro but Verizon offered me a brand new hero 3+ silver for $50 when I upgraded a phone on my account so it was too good to pass up, now I love it. Thanks again.

So happy someone mentioned this review on the RCI board. I THINK it was Sherri. Thank you for the head's up, Sherri.

You're quite welcome! :) I got hooked on Gambee reviews a long time ago. I've been thinking of giving Carnival a try next, so I check the Carnival boards ever so often and was thrilled when this gem of a review popped up!

Hi all!

gambee ~ both of your future cruise choices sound great but I think if you can swing it the Alaska one should be your choice.

I never had any interest in doing one but went because my travel partner at the time wanted to go & had done a few things I wanted to do.

It was so good that I did one again last August! Only bad thing about it was the airfare to Seattle!

Your pictures from there would be sooooo amazing & different!

I've only done Dream & Breeze on Carnival, both subdued decor so don't know if I could handle the more gaudy ships although they are a bit intriguing.;)

Carry on with your splendid review friend.

~ Jo ~ :)