!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Really enjoying the latest Gambee review! Yours are the only reviews that I read even if I'm not planning to sail on that ship. I love your pictures and the scores that you give at the end. Please don't cancel your November Escape cruise! I need to read it before my December Escape cruise! :D

I will try my best not to cancel, but I am not sure that I have an option. I really want to try out that ship :)

I agree I am an fan of all, although I don't think I ever read Jamman....I see Gambee are in the pictures too, good to see his face lol

Was so happy when I spotted a gambee review, know I have something to past my time away as I wait for my cruise... Thank you

Welcome aboard, thank you for joining in the fun :)

Another excellent review as always!

I also wanted to thank you for the Review of both the Breeze and Divina, we had booked Divina but changed to Breeze, partially from your reviews, instead because of the kids, you said that was the right choice and it was...

the Breeze was our best family cruise ever!

the kids loved the ropes course and water park.

My 8 year old was looking at one of the conquest class ships next to us and said, look at how lame the water slide is. :D

We have a cruise planned on the Escape next April, were you planning on going on the 3 day trip? or a longer one?

I hope you can make it, a Gambee review, before the cancellation date, would help!!!

Awesome review gambee!! Can you please share your Lightroom presets? Your photos are amazing! Thank you for taking the time to write and share this review.

CC won't allow me to upload that type of file. I suggest you contact me through another channel, and will send you the file with the presets.

I got back home in time to catch up, before you started your next set. I cannot believe how beautiful your photos are. You don't too often "see" the "sea" that calm, even in the Caribbean. That was funny about the Majesty filling up the clouds. That is exactly how it looked.

I noticed that the Majesty has very few balcony cabins. I guess the earlier ships didn't have that many and maybe they were the suites, at that time.

Thanks again. I get so happy every time you come on here with new photos and commentary. I just love your reviews. I think you should to a world cruise. Imagine those photos.....;)

Gwen :)

Glad you caught up :). A world cruise! I would love that =)

On my HAL cruises there was always an option for formal nights of eating in the buffet ...is this not the case on Carnival?

It's available, but never as good as the MDR. Well, at least on this ship.

Another excellent review as always!

I also wanted to thank you for the Review of both the Breeze and Divina, we had booked Divina but changed to Breeze, partially from your reviews, instead because of the kids, you said that was the right choice and it was...

the Breeze was our best family cruise ever!

the kids loved the ropes course and water park.

My 8 year old was looking at one of the conquest class ships next to us and said, look at how lame the water slide is. :D

We have a cruise planned on the Escape next April, were you planning on going on the 3 day trip? or a longer one?

I hope you can make it, a Gambee review, before the cancellation date, would help!!!

Glad those two reviews helped plan a wonderful cruise. I have a 3 day cruise planned, I wish it could be longer, but getting away is proving a real challenge. As it is I am not sure that I will be able to make it aboard that 3 day one.

Gambee, I'm sorry you had a crappy experience with formal night. We really hate doing it and have gotten quite casual as well. My husband now brings just slacks and a button down and never brings a suit. We just don't want to get dressed up on vacation and since we fly that's just extra luggage for us as well. Not to mention the 8 day cruise we are booked on, I believe it has 2 formal nights. I just think that's too much.

But unfortunately, they serve some of the best food in the MDR those nights so we force ourselves to bring something "acceptable" for the MDR so we can enjoy a nice meal. The buffet leaves a lot to be desired.

It's available, but never as good as the MDR. Well, at least on this ship.

Thats a shame ...HAL has the same food in the buffet as the MDR ...although always wish it didn't as I go to the buffet only if there is nothing I want to eat in the MDR (fussy vegetarian, lol).

Gambee, I'm sorry you had a crappy experience with formal night. We really hate doing it and have gotten quite casual as well. My husband now brings just slacks and a button down and never brings a suit. We just don't want to get dressed up on vacation and since we fly that's just extra luggage for us as well. Not to mention the 8 day cruise we are booked on, I believe it has 2 formal nights. I just think that's too much.

But unfortunately, they serve some of the best food in the MDR those nights so we force ourselves to bring something "acceptable" for the MDR so we can enjoy a nice meal. The buffet leaves a lot to be desired.

Well it was what it was, I did not expected to get in like that anyway. But I guess if you want good food you have to dress up, simple as that. But quite honestly the dress code in Carnival is quite lax, we just pushed the boundaries.

Thats a shame ...HAL has the same food in the buffet as the MDR ...although always wish it didn't as I go to the buffet only if there is nothing I want to eat in the MDR (fussy vegetarian, lol).

I heard Princess has the same policy as well.

We always dress up on formal night , I wear a floor length gown and hubby a tie and shirt. We never get another chance to dress up

It is very much a personal thing. As we could see on the Victory, it seems like I am a minority in this subject :o

Awesome review, Gambee. I also don't believe one should have to dress up while on vacation in the middle of the Caribbean. When sailing Carnival, I always bring one pair of long pants just to get to the lobster on elegant night...

I am enjoying this review and your awesome pictures very much! Thank you for all of your work. We will be on this ship in October and I am excited to see what to expect. I've gotten spoiled being on the bigger newer ships but think this one will be just fine! Looking forward to the rest of the review :)

I am intrigued what the hero 5 will look like when it comes out. They sure are expensive cameras, but they are fabulous!

Have you seen this one? Unbelievable how small their getting. ImageUploadedByForums1439947315.069093.jpg.fcb8ce1685d4e86dcb73adc1f7080426.jpg

Gambee!

So happy to read another one of your reviews. It took me this long to catch up, and I started following along on the 1st day!

Sorry to hear about your MDR issues with the dress code. I find the dress codes to be a hassle as well. Just off an X ship sailing around Greece in August and all the men have to wear long pants even on "casual" nights to enter the dining room. My family ended up just eating on our balcony the last 2 nights rather than bother with changing, etc.

But it makes some people really happy to have a chance to dress up, so I get it.

Thanks for letting us tag along on another one of your cruises!

I heard Princess has the same policy as well.

Gambee on Princess they allow shorts on the 1st and last night in the MDR . Pants on all the other nights but you don't have to wear a suit on gala night but of course a lot of people really dress up nicely.