How many of you feel as I do about Aruba?

Arizdee

As an American, I cannot accept the treatment given to Natalie Hollaway's family after her disappearance in Aruba. That government has turned its back on the evidence and participated in a coverup. If our citizens are shown such blatent lack of respect, then I want nothing more to do with Aruba. Unless and until these criminals are brought to justice, I will not step one foot in their country nor take a cruise that has Aruba as one of its stops.

I plan to protest to the cruise lines that continue to go there.

To bocott and blame an entire island for the disappearance of one girl seems rather harsh. Here in Northern Virginia, a young girl disappeared two weeks ago (she was a freshman in college). Unfortunately, there are thousands of kids that disappear every year. :(

Hello, we have followed the Natalie Holloway case on TV also. I can't even imagine how her family must feel. We were in Aruba last March and it is really a very small island. I find it hard to believe that this has gone on for this long. I just wonder if all the facts are out there ? We had already booked a cruise before Miss Holoways dissappearance, and Aruba is one of the islands we will be going too, I don't know that we could, or should cancel our entire cruise so as not to go to Aruba. I would hope that this sad occurance has caused parents to more carefullly decide where their children go for their holiday trips and hopefully impress upon them the importance of where you go and who you associate with and how drinking impares your good judgement. Just being an American in a foreign country does not insure your saftey, many have a false sence of security.

Well enough of my 2 cents I will get off my soapbox now, and keep praying for the young lady.

Cori

You only know what the news media printed about the case and the obvious slant they put on the case to sell news If it had not been for the enormous publicity given by the media, it may have been easier for Aruba to procecute the case. Do not blame the Island, blame the media.:mad:

I would not boycott a cruiseline for going there. However, I would not choose a trip because it goes to Aruba. I watch Headline News with Nancy Grace about this every night (it's slowed down recently) and I think I've heard enough to know that God forbid something (even just a small accident) happened while vacationing there....there system sucks!!! The don't seem to know whats going on. Especially at the beginning. Also...we don't get alot of information because their form of government doesn't allow the media to know things like we do here in America. It's too bad for Aruba really.....I think it's definitely put a black cloud over people wanting to go there.

How about thinking of all the families of people being held as prisoner at Guantanamo bay for almost 4 years without being charged? Haven't they disappeared? What is being done to give them any justice. Why don't you pray for some of them or for some of the Millions of People in Africa who are starving?

Natalee broke every run in the book of travelling. She got blind drunk, went off with strangers and left her girlfriends without saying where she was going.

She was young and foolish. It is a tragedy. However, do not blame an entire nation/island for the misdeeds of a few. No Natalee's mother was not going to MAKE THAT COUNTRY FIND HER DAUGHTER. That type of self-importance is limited to the shores of the USA.

I feel so bad for her family and have thought up some really crazy things that may have happened to her. We will probably never know. It is so sad.

Why blame an entire nation? I don't get that.:(

How about thinking of all the families of people being held as prisoner at Guantanamo bay for almost 4 years without being charged? Haven't they disappeared? What is being done to give them any justice. Why don't you pray for some of them or for some of the Millions of People in Africa who are starving?

PRAY?:confused: On the other threads you warn readers to "Watch out for those creationist".

Now you want us to pray for those in Guantanamo Bay and Africa?:confused:

I'll pray for you, them and Natalee.:)

SO, I GUESS Arizdee WILL NOT BE COMING TO OHIO ANYTIME SOON! WE HAVE A COUPLE OF MURDERS A WEEK, YES A WEEK IN JUST COLUMBUS. THE CAPTIAL OF THE STATE, THE HOME OF THE BUCKEYES AND NOT SUCH A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE. WE WILL BE IN ARUBA IN A FEW WEEKS AND WILL ENJOY THE ISLAND AND THE PEOPLE. GEE! MAYBE WE SHOULD BOYCOTT THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OF THE NETHERLANDS NOW THAT THE YOUNG MAN IS IN HOLLAND GOING TO SCHOOL.....

Two, you will likely be BLESSED with an absence of outraged American doofuses who would otherwise be ruining your island experience. It's always a good time to travel when something like this happens and you can separate the wheat from the Chaff of the ignorant and ugly American who thinks the world revolves around them and only them. Enjoy yourselves.

These people who don't feel there is enough evidence probably think OJ is innocent too. Common sense is just too easy I guess. Can't believe they didn't prosecute with a recorded confession in evidence.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened to Natalie. Last week I learned that a fisherman reported a knife and bait cage missing from the fisherman huts after Natalie disappeared. Looks like the Dad in this case is well connected to the court system--sounds like politics here in Massachusetts.

I won't be going to Aruba because seeing all these spots I saw during the coverage of the Holloway case would remind me of this tragedy. It took me over 30 years to go visit Martha's Vineyard after Ted Kennedy drove his car into the water there. In 30 years, I will be too old to go visit Aruba. There are plenty of other nice islands to spend my money--like the Florida Keys, Hilton Head, and Hawaii.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

I don't visit places that I am not wanted and from the way the government in Aruba treated the Holloway situation they obviously don't want Americans. Other places are happy to have me and my money. Why give it to a country that considers me so stupid that I would continue coming to see them if they treated me that way. And I don't feel sorry for any future tourist who goes there, if they are that dumb perhaps its best to get them out of the gene pool!

SO, I GUESS Arizdee WILL NOT BE COMING TO OHIO ANYTIME SOON! WE HAVE A COUPLE OF MURDERS A WEEK, YES A WEEK IN JUST COLUMBUS. THE CAPTIAL OF THE STATE, THE HOME OF THE BUCKEYES AND NOT SUCH A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE. WE WILL BE IN ARUBA IN A FEW WEEKS AND WILL ENJOY THE ISLAND AND THE PEOPLE. GEE! MAYBE WE SHOULD BOYCOTT THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OF THE NETHERLANDS NOW THAT THE YOUNG MAN IS IN HOLLAND GOING TO SCHOOL.....

Unfortunately I have you beat. I live in Altanta and there are several murders here every single day. The first 10 minutes of every newscast is spent going over who was murdered tonight and where, not to mention home invasions,stabbings, rapes and assaults.

I don't mean to offend people here, but I just might. Reading these posts, it is no wonder you Americans have a world wide reputation of being arrogant, ignorant and stupid. The world does not revolve around you and your country. No one who contributes to this post has any right to judge the country of Aruba. The only information you receive on this matter is from the media, and how often is the media right, very very few times!! Do any of you people really know what happened to this poor girl? None of you, so who gives you the right to judge!

Using your logic, I should boycot the country of America because I don't agree with the judges in Colorado jailing for as long as they two poor Australians for robbing a bank. Am I insane!! I am going to come to America and enjoy myself, the only thing that is going to cause me from not enjoying my time is the people that occupy your country.

Have a good look at yourselves. Have a good look at the worldwide reputation you all have.

No wonder George W. got voted in!!

Sorry I cannot blame an entire country or island for this one incident. Crime happens everywhere!

I live in a rural area where a woman vanished without a trace about a year and a half ago. There was foul play proven, but no witnesses or leads.

Do I move out of my own home?

Is my local law enforcement uncapable because they were not able to aprehend someone?

No, I am careful. Just as when I am in Aruba. I lock my doors. I do not go out alone at night. I do not go off with strangers. We do not walk in unlit areas, especially the beach, at night. . . Our family takes the same precautions at home as we do in Aruba.

I it is no wonder you Americans have a world wide reputation of being arrogant, ignorant and stupid. The world does not revolve around you and your country.

Perhaps it is time for us to take our foreign aid, our troops and our generousity home. We are the last of the Free Super Powers. Maybe the rest of you would like to fend for yourselves for awhile. Right now we have enough disasters at home, without supporting the rest of you.

I don't mean to offend people here, but I just might. Reading these posts, it is no wonder you Americans have a world wide reputation of being arrogant, ignorant and stupid. The world does not revolve around you and your country. No one who contributes to this post has any right to judge the country of Aruba. The only information you receive on this matter is from the media, and how often is the media right, very very few times!! Do any of you people really know what happened to this poor girl? None of you, so who gives you the right to judge!

Using your logic, I should boycot the country of America because I don't agree with the judges in Colorado jailing for as long as they two poor Australians for robbing a bank. Am I insane!! I am going to come to America and enjoy myself, the only thing that is going to cause me from not enjoying my time is the people that occupy your country.

Have a good look at yourselves. Have a good look at the worldwide reputation you all have.

No wonder George W. got voted in!!

Amen and I completely agree!

Perhaps it is time for us to take our foreign aid, our troops and our generousity home. We are the last of the Free Super Powers. Maybe the rest of you would like to fend for yourselves for awhile. Right now we have enough disasters at home, without supporting the rest of you.

I think you have proved the point about being arrogant.

yes the world all over does appreciate the help and aid that America gives to some countries. And yes you have some disasters at home which we all sympathise and would like to help.

Going back to the original post I would quote the phrase "let he who is without sin throw the first stone". There is not one perfect country in this world. We all have our own faults.

I would suggest to you go to Aruba and let the people prove to you personally that they are not as bad as you think they all are.

Interesting comment dogladyjw! Last time I checked it was America that was begging countries like Australia (which I am a proud citizen) and Britain to help out with the war in Iraq to help find these amazing mysterious weapons of mass destruction.

Or maybe you are referring to the aid that America is asking all other countries to give to the victims of hurricaine Katrina (not that I am opposed to giving this aid, it was a terrible disaster).

Or maybe you are referring to the almost insulting amount of aid that your government gave to the victims of the tsunami on 26 December last year? Do you even know that this occured?

Or maybe you are referring to the way your government has locked up potentially innocent people for years on end in small animal like cages in a prison in Cuba without charge?

I have no doubt many countries around the world wish you took your troops home, many countries who need your aid don't get it, and this generousity you refer to, it is not all that visible from where I sit!

In regards to your comment "Right now we have enough disasters at home, without supporting the rest of you." I can not remember the last time the US supported my country, at the moment, my country is helping you fight your war in Iraq. And yes you do have disasters and it is horrible to see, but I can tell you, overseas countries are helping you out, but then again, maybe you are too narrow minded to see this.

What is the saying? Those in greenhouses should not cast stones?? Rings pretty true in this case I do believe.

My wife and I are going to be in Aruba in a few weeks (can't wait):D, so, I thought I 'd come in here to see what people think about Aruba. BIG MISTAKE!

I thought this was a cruise ship post to say, this was great...this was not so great...oh you need to try this, and don't go there. But this seems to have become a political escape for why some things are the way they are... or why some people are jailed...and your country didn't give enough money or I'll never go to Aruba because...or because...or because...

Thanks for taking something pleasurable and turning it into "sorry I clicked into this!". I'm truly suprised CC allows this thread to continue, it really has no use.

Don't bother to reply to this - I'm going some where I can get good insight to what Aruba is about:) .

DuBoisen

I'll tell you what, I'll see if I can get my fellow Americans to give you all copies of the Chinese and Islamic Dicitonaries and you can learn your new languages while you fend for yourselves. I for one am tired of being big brother to the world and getting kicked in the opposite side from the glutimos maximus.

Arizdee and all you other blame Aruba posters.......What I'm tired of is listening to Beth Twitty.....yes were sorry, but the girl screwed -up. Is there any evidence----NO, get over it. IMHO, I don't believe that anyone knows what happened to her, and I can't believe that this 18 year old is smart enough to outsmart everyone, including special investigators and the FBI. He was in jail for over 3mos. and nothing came out except that he had sex with her on the beach and left her there. Yes, something then did occur, but what..who knows. Move on the world has too many problems, and so does this country in the Gulf coast.

By the way, I'll be in Aruba in 3 weeks, spending money for eight days and loving every moment of the time in this lovely island with great people.

Arizdee and all you other blame Aruba posters.......What I'm tired of is listening to Beth Twitty.....yes were sorry, but the girl screwed -up. Is there any evidence----NO, get over it. IMHO, I don't believe that anyone knows what happened to her, and I can't believe that this 18 year old is smart enough to outsmart everyone, including special investigators and the FBI. He was in jail for over 3mos. and nothing came out except that he had sex with her on the beach and left her there. Yes, something then did occur, but what..who knows. Move on the world has too many problems, and so does this country in the Gulf coast.

By the way, I'll be in Aruba in 3 weeks, spending money for eight days and loving every moment of the time in this lovely island with great people.

Archived