Adventure boarding question

I was just looking at my set sail pass (Sept 12 - Yay!!!!) and it says our check in time range is 1:30-7:30. Others had recommended that we arrive at the pier at 10:30...I hadn't noticed on my other cruises...do they have people board at different times to mitigate crowding at the pier? If I won't be allowed on until 1:30, should I still arrive at 10:30?

I was just looking at my set sail pass (Sept 12 - Yay!!!!) and it says our check in time range is 1:30-7:30. Others had recommended that we arrive at the pier at 10:30...I hadn't noticed on my other cruises...do they have people board at different times to mitigate crowding at the pier? If I won't be allowed on until 1:30, should I still arrive at 10:30?

They don't enforce suggested boarding times. We've been able to board as early as 11:15am, but it's been closer to noon a few times.

When we arrived back in SanJuan in July we were not off the ship until nearly 11 am and were not nearly the last group. Customer was slow, perhaps because it was July 4. i guess it depends where you want to wait to board - at your hotel or at the pier.

Have a great time.

We arrived before the suggested time. All of the cruisers in the terminal after checking in were lead to a seating area just outside the closed, embarkation door and asked to wait until our seating section was called. Nobody asked what time we were asked to arrive. It was more like first come, first seated.

I am on that sailing (yay is right) and my pass says the same thing. I plan on being there about 11. I have always had later times but was able to board slightly after 11 no matter what ship.

When on Jewel in Nov 2014, we arrived at the port about 12:30. We were on the ship before 1. There was a short line to drop luggage and no line at all to check in. We stopped for wine, checked in and were still on before 1.

When we went in May we went to the terminal at 11:00a and were on the ship at 12:00noon. We had to sit and wait for a customs thing going on, but it was only a little while and we were happy to be there with all the other excited people going on the cruise. As it turned out, we were also the first ones on the ship which has never happened to us before. There were some running furiously behind us to try to beat us out and we didn't care so we kept walking at a normal pace, but we had a good enough lead.

We didn't get a prize :(

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
When we went in May we went to the terminal at 11:00a and were on the ship at 12:00noon. We had to sit and wait for a customs thing going on, but it was only a little while and we were happy to be there with all the other excited people going on the cruise. As it turned out, we were also the first ones on the ship which has never happened to us before. There were some running furiously behind us to try to beat us out and we didn't care so we kept walking at a normal pace, but we had a good enough lead.

We didn't get a prize :(

Tom

Running furiously to get on before others? Really people? :rolleyes: They aren't going to run out of food or drink! Not my idea of a relaxing start to a vacation.

We leave out of San Juan in October and I was thinking of trying for a late checkout at the hotel. I want to sleep in and rest up for a five port cruise.

I always feel like the first day is too much of hurry up and wait day instead of a real vacation day. Does anyone have a strategy for making the first day (and the last night) more relaxed? I admire the people in the pool on the first day because for some reason, I have never done that.

Running furiously to get on before others? Really people? :rolleyes: They aren't going to run out of food or drink! Not my idea of a relaxing start to a vacation.

Maybe it was their last attempt at exercise before the salt air shrinks their wardrobe? [emoji12]