Cruise Newbies - QM2 - Transatlantic to NY

Welsh Advocate

UK immigration are onboard when you travel from New York but travelling to New York US Immigration is done in the Brooklyn Terminal.

How efficient is immigration at Brooklyn? Hopefully I won't have to wait 2.5 hours like I did at JFK a few years back. Normally takes me 10-15 minutes to clear in most airports around the world. The US wasn't a pleasant experience.

How efficient is immigration at Brooklyn? Hopefully I won't have to wait 2.5 hours like I did at JFK a few years back. Normally takes me 10-15 minutes to clear in most airports around the world. The US wasn't a pleasant experience.

We did it off the QM2 a few weeks back. It was pretty bad to be honest. Hardly anyone manning the booths and then they started giving US citizens priority when the queue built up, plus the high number of guests who have priority disembarkation for whatever reason. We waited almost 10 minutes to be seen even when we were next in line at the front of the queue. Took us around an hour and we self disembarked so got off early when it was quieter. By the time we got through the queue was huge and it must have been at least a 2 hour wait for those at the end.

Basically if you want to minimise the delay get off as soon as possible or wait until the bulk of guests have gone.

I believe your hotel is fairly close to MoMA, the museum of modern art. If you are interested in this and will be there on a Friday, Friday nights it is FREE to all from 4PM to 8PM.

As for weather, mid-October can run the gamut, but it normally the high is around 65 and the low is in the upper 40's F. A mid-weight coat with a hood is a good bet, and a good sweater. It might be sunny and crisp, or cool and rainy. It might be a bit breezy. But either way, you will have a wonderful time!

Just want to jump in and pass on a RAVE from the NY Times on a Picasso scupture exhibit at the MoMA. (So jealous that it opens just after we left this week and closes before our crossing in May) http://nyti.ms/1i211Vb