reading

oceandream

Perhaps you could indicate what you might be interested in reading, such as genre/type. If you like romance, Andrew Grey has several fun stories that take place, at least in part, on a cruise (An Unexpected Vintage is one). If you're looking for something hotter, check out his The Gift and The Price.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

If you want a cruise-theme book to download to your iPad or Kindle, I have enjoyed these books:

"The Welcome Cruise" by BJ Scott

"Men Overboard" by James Brock

"Murder on a Queen" by John Simpson & Robert Cummings

"The Ship Engineer" by Serena Yates

"Cruising Adventures" by Nicole Dennis

We're headed on a cruise in a couple of weeks and have some new books downloaded! Have fun and happy reading!

If you want action/adventure with gay characters, try the Sanctuary series (Guarding Morgan, The Only Easy Day, Still Waters, etc.) or the Mahu Surfer books (about a gay police detective in Honolulu) by Neil S. Plakcy. I like to read books set in the places I'm visiting; I find these on Amazon by doing a search using the name of the city/country/island and it will give a lot of choices organized by genre.

If you want action/adventure with gay characters, try the Sanctuary series (Guarding Morgan, The Only Easy Day, Still Waters, etc.) or the Mahu Surfer books (about a gay police detective in Honolulu) by Neil S. Plakcy. I like to read books set in the places I'm visiting; I find these on Amazon by doing a search using the name of the city/country/island and it will give a lot of choices organized by genre.

I agree about the Mahu Surfer books--great series! There's a new author I've been reading, Dirk Greyson, who writes contemporary gay romance with lots of action. Knight and Day is the first book in a series, with more to come. Part of the action takes place on a cruise.

For a decent gay romantic comedy, I like Timothy James Beck's (a pseudonym for 3 gay guys and a straight gal) "Someone Like You."

It's one of my favorite gay books by far, and it's got a 4 star review on Good Reads dot com.

• 3 weeks later...