Is this short layover enough time to switch planes

Dave4120

Considering you don't fly til April, two other factors may enter into the realm as well. Flt times may change giving you more (or less) time to connect.

Generally speaking, if the flight time changes by an 60-90 min or more, the airline will rebook you at no charge.

From ALB to ATL row 1 A and B on an MD-88 plane shows a men's and ladies room in from of A and B and a closet in front of C and D.

From ATL to FLL on a 757 plane Row 1 A and B sets back further than C and D and has a closet in front of the seats while C and D show a knife and fork for a food station.

It isn't actually separate men's and ladies', as the lavatories on aircraft are all unisex, there just happen to be 2 for first class on that plane. You may not want to sit close to the lavs, so that might be another reason not to choose the bulkhead row (row 1).

Yes, the knife and fork icon indicates the galley location. On long haul flights this can be a bit noisy as the FA's prepare the meals, but for ALB-ATL you won't have a full hot meal service so I wouldn't let that bother me.

Thanks for more helpful information. All Delta uses from Albany to FLL are MD 88's, 757's, even though it doesn't say if its an older or newer 757, and they use some 737-900's.

I see American uses an A-319 from Albany to Charlotte, then an A-321 from Charlotte to FLL.

Jet Blue uses either an A-320 or A-321.

Even though we do not fly much at all, I'm just not comfortable with 3-seats across, so, even though Delta might not have the newest planes for our route, their first class price, at least as of this posting, is just a few dollars more than American and Jet Blue for their coach seating with 3-seats across.

At least in the Delta First Class, it shows only 2-seats on each side which we would feel more comfortable with.

Dave

Thanks for more helpful information. All Delta uses from Albany to FLL are MD 88's, 757's, even though it doesn't say if its an older or newer 757, and they use some 737-900's.

At least in the Delta First Class, it shows only 2-seats on each side which we would feel more comfortable with.

Dave

If I recall correctly, the DL MD88's are 2-3 seating in coach, so you could possibly still pay a coach fare but choose the "2" seating.

Thanks Flyertalker for pointing that out. For some strange reason the Delta flights out if Albany to FLL just got ridiculously low tonight.

Coach is $117 each and First Class dropped from $333.00 to $217.00!!!!

Time to book I would say...in first class, all the way