JUST BACK from Breakaway 8/23=8/30 !

jf3284

Hi, welcome back! Did you happen to get Vibe passes? If not how crowded were the decks?

Thanks

Jennifer

Yes, Vibe passes are well worth it in my opinion, as it is a tranquil area of the ship with cushioned chairs, private bar, 2 hot tubs and a handful of passengers as opposed to having to deal with the noise, drinking, smoking, etc. by the main pool area.

I have also posted a review of the 8/23-30 sailing at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2254015

formal review forthcoming.

Overall a great experience. Any questions ask away !!

I'll be honest and frank.

Joe

Looking forward to your review. Were you able to make reservations for any of the Second City shows? We are sailing in Nov and I can only make reservations for ROA, Burn the Floor, Nickelodeon and wine lover's.

Thanks Joe

I agree the cruise was great. Just filled out the survey I got from NCL about it too.

2nd City--we were not able to book beforehand. Once you got on the ship you could book through your tv. We didn't bother and we showed up 5 minutes before showtime one of the nights and got good seats.

Burn the Floor in the theater is SPECTACULAR!!!

I agree the cruise was great. Just filled out the survey I got from NCL about it too.

2nd City--we were not able to book beforehand. Once you got on the ship you could book through your tv. We didn't bother and we showed up 5 minutes before showtime one of the nights and got good seats.

Burn the Floor in the theater is SPECTACULAR!!!

Got it, thanks Lori. I know it is Freestyle, but I like being to pre-book shows and then not have to think about it again and just chillax! ;)

Also 2nd city was in my opinion too few shows. We got shut out, and i regret that. So book asap !!

Did you go to the shows and try the Standby line ? We were on the same cruise and never made reservations and just used the Standby line and got in on both times we tried for it. We saw the Adult show on Monday (or was it Tuesday ?) and the Game Night show at 9pm on Friday. Showed up maybe 15 mins early, drink in hand and we were seating almost immediately both times.

Julie, No, honestly we did not. It wasn't something we had full interest in ahead of time. Just something we gained some interest in onboard and thought well why not? Then we got into kinda into the vacation mode and didn't quite care that much. lol As you know theres soooooo much to do, and you get to a point and think you can only do so much and want to lay back and all because its vacation. Plus with all the UDP, you do get tired after dinner ! You can do so much the entire week and wear yourself out on vacation !! lol

And NYFLtraveler, thanks for that feedback.

Edited by jf3284

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm new here. :) I've never been on NCL but have cruised many times on Carnaval and RC. I'm booked on the new Escape in December with my fiance and our 3 teenage daughters, ages 16, 17, and 19. I could only book it as 2 rooms with 1 adult in each room. I'd like to change it so the girls can have their own room. Does anyone know if it will be an issue?

Thanks!

So would you recommend this ship over Quantem class/Oasis class?

I have not been on the Breakaway yet (two more weeks) but have been on the Oasis and Allure. These ships had the best entertainment we have seen at sea and so much to offer. If you have the option to try one of the big girls, go for it. It is something everyone sound try once. :)

Hi everyone!

I'm new here. :) I've never been on NCL but have cruised many times on Carnaval and RC. I'm booked on the new Escape in December with my fiance and our 3 teenage daughters, ages 16, 17, and 19. I could only book it as 2 rooms with 1 adult in each room. I'd like to change it so the girls can have their own room. Does anyone know if it will be an issue?

Thanks!

i did it with side by side balcony rooms and both balconies opened at all times so I could see wassup .It was ok .i walked in kids room from balcony ...needed the partition opened .

Officially wewere each with 1kid