Island Tour Reccomendations

pirate4me2

Hi everyone!

I will be stopping in St Thomas twice next year, once in March and once in October. I am interested in booking a island tour independent from the cruise line. Does anyone have any recomendations on who to contact? I have read mixed reviews of Godfrey Tours, so I am not sure about them.

If you have kids, the standard island tour might not be much fun for them, IMO. They could care less about the history and riding in an open air vehicle for more than an hour.

If your group has kids, I think an active excursion would be more interesting for them. Not sure of minimum ages for all these excursions, but some that come to mind that may appeal to multi generations are: sea lion swim at Coral World, BOSS underwater scooters, kayak, hike & snorkel, zip line, Screamin Eagle boat, and a visit to a beach with lots of activities like Coki.

If you like to hike, Magens has a good, uphill hiking trail that should be fun for families, and you can rent non motor water toys.

Some of these excursions can be booked on the ship, but some you can do on your own.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be in St. Thomas in Jan., docked from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and would like to see the island and do a little shopping. Has anyone done the Brenda & Franko tours? Reviews on TripAdvisor seem quite good. None of the shore excursions from the cruise line seemed to have what we want but I'm not sure about booking an independent one.

Thanks.