Hotel shuttle to POM pick up time from Marriot.

lvcrzn

I'm staying at the Residence Marriot (complex) near the MIA Airport with the pre-cruise package that includes a shuttle to the POM.

Can anyone tell me what time the shuttle picks up from the hotel and arrives at the port? I would like to arrive at the terminal early. Will this be doable?

You should call the Residence Inn by Marriott at MIA...

Generally you go on THEIR schedule....if you want to go early, take a cab.

Locking in to rates at hotels with "free shuttles" is something that cruisers need to get away from....by just finding a hotel that is near amenities other than an airport, you have a larger selection....

Free shuttles never are, they are built into the price....is there a reason you are staying at MIA?? Not exactly the nicest part of town.....

• 2 months later...

Please do report on the shuttle service if you have taken it. We plan on talking to the hotel as the time draws nigh, but recall the contractor shuttle was about $11 pp. May consider Uber?

We are staying at this location pre cruise for a few days (have a rental car.) Partial to Marriott, we booked several months in advance as they had (still do) the best rate for the MIA area given spring break season.

While it has been a few years, I have driven in various area's of Florida including Miami & Fort Lauderdale. I've done some recent Google searched & things seem fine & reports on the MIA Marriot complex are on par. Still, we always appreciate insider details. Thanks!

Please do report on the shuttle service if you have taken it. We plan on talking to the hotel as the time draws nigh, but recall the contractor shuttle was about $11 pp. May consider Uber?

We are staying at this location pre cruise for a few days (have a rental car.) Partial to Marriott, we booked several months in advance as they had (still do) the best rate for the MIA area given spring break season.

While it has been a few years, I have driven in various area's of Florida including Miami & Fort Lauderdale. I've done some recent Google searched & things seem fine & reports on the MIA Marriot complex are on par. Still, we always appreciate insider details. Thanks!

$11 per person? For a couple of dollars more you can take a cab and get there on your schedule.

For four people you could rent a limo.

Take Uber. It will be much cheaper.

OK...I'll bite. We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on Nov 6th. They have comp airport service and was easy peasy. Originally I had confirmed a room at $109.00. Did a little more research and changed my room rate to $129.00 to include breakfast and ride to port for 2 of us. We were given an option to leave at 11:15 or 12:15. We choose the earlier time. Everything ran very smoothly. We were picked up in a full size bus with luggage underneath. There were probably 20 of us staying there and we had a great time in the sports bar the night before. Excellent place to stay. We are staying there again in February (room rate a bit higher that time of year) :D

$11 per person? For a couple of dollars more you can take a cab and get there on your schedule.

For four people you could rent a limo.

Take Uber. It will be much cheaper.

I agree completely with this. The last time we took a hotel shuttle it was a cluster and we would never do it again. Now maybe that was just that hotel, but honestly, free or not they are charging you per person and you usually can not pick a time until you check in. It's always been our experience that the early time slots are taken.

Honestly, I would highly recommend uber. You'll be on your time, in a car with just you, and you'll not have to deal with the hassle of the shuttle.