across the pond

Jinn

I may buy 3 tickets to fly across the pond for a cruise. They will be AA tickets but two segs. will be operated by BA in BC or Club World. Will I be able to choose seats on the BA segs. without paying a fee? I'm lifetime Gold if it matters. Thanks, Julia

I may buy 3 tickets to fly across the pond for a cruise. They will be AA tickets but two segs. will be operated by BA in BC or Club World. Will I be able to choose seats on the BA segs. without paying a fee? I'm lifetime Gold if it matters. Thanks, Julia

No, you need to be Platinum or above for free advance seat selection.

Just a note, where are you flying from? AA's business class product on the 777-300s and an increasing number of retrofitted 767s is (IMO) fully the equal of BA's Club World, and you can pick seats when you book.

No, you need to be Platinum or above for free advance seat selection.

Just a note, where are you flying from? AA's business class product on the 777-300s and an increasing number of retrofitted 767s is (IMO) fully the equal of BA's Club World, and you can pick seats when you book.

Thanks Gardyloo, Sorry about your problem with your account and hope it has been resolved. It's would be on an old 777 from DFW at the time I want. Do you know how much the fees are? If they are high, I may just opt for the older product. Really want the earlier flight and lie-flat bed. Julia

Do you know how much the fees are?

Probably foolish on my part. (setting myself up on this board ;) )

I just paid 260 euro for seat selection on BA in business for 2 segments for 2 people

Edited by klfrodo

Will I be able to choose seats on the BA segs. without paying a fee? I'm lifetime Gold if it matters.
Assuming that that's AA Gold (= OW Ruby), you can get free seat pre-allocation from 7 days before the scheduled departure time of the flight (exactly 7 days, to the second). Before that point, you would need to pay in the same way as someone without status.

One thing that many people in your position do is to monitor the level of seat pre-allocation from time to time before then. If the levels of pre-allocation are low and there are still a reasonable number of good seats left, then you can save your money at that point. But if at any time it looks like there won't be any good seats left, then it may be a good idea to spend money then.