Correct Overhead View of Koningsdam Neptune Suite?

SabreSailor

I was looking at http://koningsdam.hollandamerica.com/staterooms/neptune-suite?WT.ac=KOSNavSTRMNeptune to see the layout of the new Neptune suites. If you look at the overhead cutaway view of the stateroom, it looks strange - no extra closets or dressing area as you'd find of the Vista or Signature class ships. Anyone know if this is correct?

This may be what you've already seen, and who knows how accurate it is, but if you pull up the K'dam deck plan on the HAL site, they have the overhead view of the Neptunes in artist rendering format next to the suite codes. When I look at them, they appear to have the dressing area, but it may be smaller. We usually stay in aft SBs and the floor plan on them has always been a little different than what's shown for the Neptunes in general so it will be a surprise anyway.

Edited by blizzardboy

What is with that large open storage area by the window wall? On the deck plan it looked like nice closed cupboard storage. But in the photo it looks like wasted space.

Agee, the soft elegance of the decor is very pretty. Personally I never used that separate dressing room in the Neptune Suites on the older ships, but did like the closets in the dressing room close to the bathroom and sinks.

But whatever it is, we find we adapt to pretty much everything after a few days.

What is with that large open storage area by the window wall? On the deck plan it looked like nice closed cupboard storage. But in the photo it looks like wasted space.

Agee, the soft elegance of the decor is very pretty. Personally I never used that separate dressing room in the Neptune Suites on the older ships, but did like the closets in the dressing room close to the bathroom and sinks.

Looks to me like it corresponds to the bar and fridge combination. Which IMO is an improvement from having the bar area as an after-thought corner nook on one of the walls completely separate from the fridge area.

While missing the dressing area, having the toilet completely separate and accessible separately from the main bath area is nice.

Dennis

It looks like they've moved the toilet into a water closet, which includes a third sink. This is the space that has been lost from what used to be the dressing area.

I won't know until next April whether I prefer it to R-class and Vista/Signature class layouts.