Submarines

Sat1

I believe there is a submarine you can tour next to the Intrepid Aircraft carrier turned museum in New York Harbor. Just south of the cruise ship terminal in Manhattan.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We once spotted a US Attack Sub while in a narrow channel off of St Thomas. The sub was running on the surface about 1/2 mile to the port of our ship.

Hank

quite possible ... there used to be a Navy station in Roosevelt Roads PR to support training ... including sub's. While heading in there one time in the 90's, I was followed by a sub. At night, showing the proper lights for a surfaced sub which confused the heck out of my watch officer who'd never seen it b4.

(they practiced targeting on cruise ships . . . . :p)

if you want to visit a REAL submarine head to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago and visit the U-505. A WWII German "U-Boat" captured on the high seas by the US during WWII; one of the most closely held secrets during the war as we got the code machine and code books .... some of which are on display. How these men lived in this machine will AMAZE you . . . .

http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/u-505/

Edited by Capt_BJ

One morning early I spotted a sub off the port side while we were on the Freedom going towards the U.S.. I asked an officer and sure enough he confirmed my suspicions. He stated that the subs use the ships as decoys and training by shadowing them through the water. He said that they seem to appear off the Cuban coast many times and train in the underwater trench located in the Caribbean. I ran on top of the water for a while and then disappeared.

quite possible ... there used to be a Navy station in Roosevelt Roads PR to support training ... including sub's. While heading in there one time in the 90's, I was followed by a sub. At night, showing the proper lights for a surfaced sub which confused the heck out of my watch officer who'd never seen it b4.

(they practiced targeting on cruise ships . . . . :p)

if you want to visit a REAL submarine head to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago and visit the U-505. A WWII German "U-Boat" captured on the high seas by the US during WWII; one of the most closely held secrets during the war as we got the code machine and code books .... some of which are on display. How these men lived in this machine will AMAZE you . . . .

http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/u-505/

Yeah! That's what the Grenada Invasion guys told us.