Could cruiselines offer RT Anchorage - with a stop in Vancouver?

LEtue

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have options for a RT cruise from Anchorage with a stop in Vancouver for the day? Or would that not satisfy the Jones Act regulations?

Just think of all the precruise options:D

Edited by LEtue

That is way to easy, it is possible by simply putting together a Southbound and an Northbound sailing B2B.

I think that most people would do the opposite way however to avoid the long flight to Anchorage. :D

I would love to do a NB to either Seward or Whittier - spend some time in the interior - 1wk min - then use a different cruise line out of the opposite port I came in on. ;)

We’ve done roundtrips from Anchorage the past two years with the day in Vancouver. Actually b2bs, one from Whittier and one from Seward. We drive down, park the car for two weeks and pick it up and drive home on the return. Works well.

That is way to easy, it is possible by simply putting together a Southbound and an Northbound sailing B2B.
Agreed. I think 14 day returns are less popular because of time, so there is less profit for cruise lines to advertise this way. Once you get to the Anchorage area... there is much to see there that I assume a large number want to say longer than the ship is in port. I want to do this in the future.

Not enough vacation time for B2B and I don't want to spend more time on the cruise portion anyway. There are so many areas to visit from Anchorage that I can't get them all in - so I find myself breaking them up over multiple trips....and I was thinking 2 weekends on each end of a cruise would help some.

Oh well, just wishful thinking for me :)

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have options for a RT cruise from Anchorage with a stop in Vancouver for the day? Or would that not satisfy the Jones Act regulations?

Just think of all the precruise options:D

We did b2b Seward-Vancouver-Seward with pre cruise based out of Anchorage and post cruise based in Seward. It was fantastic and there are no 'Jones Act' issues. It is not done often though based on what the staff told us - there were only 7 passengers b2b on our cruise and our group was 5 of them! For us though traveling from Australia we could fly via Honolulu direct to Anchorage which saved many hours of flight time going via LAX and also enabled a three day stopover in Hawaii!

We would have liked to spend more time in Vancouver though as all aboard was 3pm but hey you can't have everything. [emoji2]