Apartment recommendations for Rome

CathyCruises

We have been looking for an apartment in Rome as we will be there for four days. I tried one that has been recommended here before, possibly by Texancruzer on VRBO? It was perfect but unfortunately it is not available for our dates. Does anybody else have a recommendation or suggestion? We definitely want to be as close to the Centro Storico as possible.

Thanks!

I haven't stayed yet, but we have made a booking with http://www.sleepinitaly.com. They get good marks on TripAdvisor and had a range of apartment sizes and prices. We have booked 4 nights for next summer in a 2 bedroom just off the Campo dei Fiori. You can put in your dates and it will pull up only apartments that are available.

I haven't stayed yet, but we have made a booking with http://www.sleepinitaly.com. They get good marks on TripAdvisor and had a range of apartment sizes and prices. We have booked 4 nights for next summer in a 2 bedroom just off the Campo dei Fiori. You can put in your dates and it will pull up only apartments that are available.

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

We have been looking for an apartment in Rome as we will be there for four days. I tried one that has been recommended here before, possibly by Texancruzer on VRBO? It was perfect but unfortunately it is not available for our dates. Does anybody else have a recommendation or suggestion? We definitely want to be as close to the Centro Storico as possible.

Thanks!

try Airbnb.com. I have use them in Denmark and iceland and right now am in Venice Italy at an Airbnb apt. all have been great! and the prices way better than any hotel. good luck!

Thanks, yes I have looked at Airbnb, VRBO, sleepinitaly, Homeaway, etc. Many possibilities and lots to choose from. If I could get a specific recommendation from someone who had actually stayed in one, that would be ideal. It just kind of narrows down all the options'

Thanks, yes I have looked at Airbnb, VRBO, sleepinitaly, Homeaway, etc. Many possibilities and lots to choose from. If I could get a specific recommendation from someone who had actually stayed in one, that would be ideal. It just kind of narrows down all the options'

Cathy, we stayed 5 nights at this apartment in June of last year and loved it. Just off Piazza Navona, couldn't ask for a better location - the building is actually on the piazza though the entrance is on the side street. Rental in Rome got some bad press a few years back but I had absolutely no problems with them, the apartment was as described. Nothing fancy but perfect for our requirements.

Isaac handled my booking and was extremely responsive to all my request/emails. We also used their airport pick-up on arrival and it worked fine. Check out the apartment, hope it works for you too:)

http://www.rentalinrome.com/piazzanavona/agneseinagoneapartment

isaac.vanaggelen@rentalinrome.com

Cathy, might I suggest that you give some more information…… how many people? Your budget ?

We have stayed in 3 apartments in Rome - all located in the heart of the historic area…… our favorite place in the whole world ! :D

But with more info you might get better responses that would fit better.

BTW: SleepinItaly was amazing for us…… since we had my MIL with us on one trip and she can't do stairs (well maybe 2 or 3) I spoke with them on the phone and they found the PERFECT apartment for us ! They will answer any and all questions for you ….. and I asked a bunch !!!!

I will say that once you stay in an apartment it is very hard to go back to a hotel - especially if multiple nights are involved :) We just love the "local feel" that it gives us - not to mention the space !

Thanks for all the suggestions, I am checking them out. One of them is not available on our dates.. .:(

It's just DH and I, so we only need a studio or one bedroom. Budget is 'spend as little as possible to get what we really want!'

Texancruzer, was it you who posted about Lucia's apartment? She's been lovely, but is booked for our dates. Her apartment was ideal. She referred me to a friend who offered me an apartment near the Vatican (not my preferred area) for €109, but on the link he sent it was €85!

The closer we can be to Piazza Navona and environs, the happier we will be.

I have found one that looks good on VRBO so I am somewhat encouraged!

Two recommendation for you on apartments I've used in Rome.

The first apartment is on Via dei Capprellari where it runs into Campo de Fiori. Its a small, but wonderful apartment with the owner (who's fabulously helpful) living in the same building. While you're right at Campo de Fiori between the location and new windows you can block out the noise from the square. Its listed on Flipkey.com and is a one bedroom/one bath with washer, and depending on the season runs from mid 90s to 140 (us $) I don't have the property number, but it's titled "Historical and lovely Campo de Fiori apartment" (you can also find it by going to the map view). I really can't recommend this apartment enough - its a jewel. Its only downside is its on the second floor without elevator, but I would use this apartment again (and again, and again) if I only needed a one bedroom.

The second apartment I recommend with a little hestitation. Its a two bedroom/one bath right next to the Pantheon with elevator, and balcony right on the square. The location was beyond words. The downside was the management company on line is substandard (however the local agent was superb), and well quite frankly there were some minor cleaning issues). However, even with these issues I would rent again simply because of location. This apartment is also with Flipkey and its title is Casa della Rotonda Roof terrace.

Hope this helps.

Barbara

Texancruzer, was it you who posted about Lucia's apartment?

We have only stayed in 2 and 3 bedroom apartment (so far ;)) as we were traveling with family……… so it wasnt me.

We actually stayed in one 3 bedroom apartment even tho it was only two couples …… the third bedroom was not used. But it was right where we wanted to be, cheaper than 2 rooms at a hotel and spacious and clean. It was steps from the Pantheon !!! So as funny as this sounds, don't rule out a 2 bedroom if the price, location etc are right…… :D

We stayed here 2 yrs ago for a week and loved it. Studio apt, entrance right beside Orso80, 3 cafes within 25 steps, bar Portugese half a block away. Piazza Naonna , Castel St. Angelo, 5 min walk. Very quiet and with a topper (2in Ikea mattress) on the sofa bed, surprisingly comfortable. We hope to stay here again on our next trip to Rome. Some quirks but great price and location.

http://www.rentalinrome.com/piazzanavona/orsoloftstudio

I am sure its not to everyones taste but for those who don't mind something a little bit different its a great place. Also, no stairs and 3 locked doors before access.

This is the one we stayed in just this past May. It was really nice !

http://www.vrbo.com/583462#!

This is the first one we stayed in steps from the Pantheon. 3 bedroomshttp://www.vrbo.com/1706533ha

Cannot locate the middle one we stayed in near Piazza Navonna on Via de Pasquina (literally steps from Navonna) Doesn't appear to be a rental anymore.

Hope this helps anyone looking for an apartment.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions! So far, the ones that are the most appealing, the right size, and fit in our budget, are also the ones that are booked during our stay! Some of the larger ones look fabulous but we don't need that much space and don't want to spend that much money but I have noted them for future reference.

There is a wealth of information here am I hope that future cruisers will find this page and be able to avail themselves of these great suggestions!