Royal Caribbean BOGO Sale: Illusion or Reality?

We have a JS on Oasis this coming March for $2025 total. Includes tips and $200 OBC. This was a May 2014 bogoho sale

Yes, it seems when the BOGOHO sale started back in April/May 2014 it was TRULY the going price for 1st pax and truly 1/2 off second pax. That's when we booked our D5 balcony cabin on Allure for Feb 2016......we paid a total $1760 (including fees/taxes) for 2 which is $760 p/p (w/o taxes/fees).....it is now almost $1000 PER PERSON MORE!!! It has not been a true sale for over a year....it has only gone up and up and up, and RCI keeps calling it a "sale"???

We booked in May 2014 for our upcoming 10 day on the Vision in Jan 2016. We took advantage of the BOGO sale and booked a JS on deck 8 for $3400.00 (taxes, insurance & pre-paid gratuities). The last time I checked prior to all the Suites, JS & Balconies being "sold out" a JS was pricing at $8800.00!

In my experience, the further out you book the better. I like being able to choose my cabin location as opposed to taking whatever is left. We tend to cruise for the itinerary....then the ship.

Wow, those are crazy prices for JS (crazy as in a good way).

A JS on our Allure cruise for April 2016 are currently going for $11,000 for 4 passengers. Do people actually book these? The price for the JS has actually increased by $4000 since I started tracking the prices back in Dec 2014 (and I thought 7K was crazy...in a bad way).

Edited by LuCruise

i think the only way to really get a true deal is to put 4 people in the cabin. just had a 7 day on NCL Getaway for $427pp. it was buy 1 get 1 free with a whopping $25 room credit.

that being said, the sale that just ended last week with royal had a 4 day to mexico on navigator of the seas for $234+tax for a room they pick. came to $635. myvegas has a promo for 50% off. makes it $234pp after everything.

3 days ago it dropped to $199 with a virtual balcony room of my choice. only catch is, i have to wait til 30 days before the cruise so hopefully the next 18 days, it stays the same!!

I'm sorry, it is Freedom. So confused. Taco Tuesday at Sandbar was a little to much fun. ;)

Still, an excellent price for Freedom. Would have been an unbelievable price for Oasis.

You will have to tell me where Sandbar is for my next Cocoa Beach visit.:)

Still, an excellent price for Freedom. Would have been an unbelievable price for Oasis.

You will have to tell me where Sandbar is for my next Cocoa Beach visit.:)

Next to Shepard Park, near Ron Jon's if that helps. Their slogan is "Where 520 meets the beach"

Location-4601-460x460.jpg

http://sandbarsportsgrill.net/

Edited by John&LaLa