Time frames for disembark in Kalulia

Twinkletoes101

Itinerary says we arrive at 8 a.m. Am wondering what time people actually can get off the ship. We are renting a car and am concerned about the times I gave them. Anybody done it that can chime in to give me a true idea of how long it takes to actually get to the airport to get the cars?

:)

The airport is a hop skip and jump from the ship, quick cab ride.

But the last couple of times we've rented a car from the pier we were picked up at the pier and shuttled to car pickup in fact most is not all car rental companies are located to together in a large compound. They all have their own shuttles and will run back and forth approx every 15 min.

So you may be using a non authorized company that isn't allow to enter pier area.

I would check it out further.

Also remember that you are bringing the car back close to closing time if your late and the compound is closed you will have to hold on to the car as there is no drop off where you can just leave the car and put keys in secure box.

Edited by FranknBeans

Itinerary says we arrive at 8 a.m. Am wondering what time people actually can get off the ship. We are renting a car and am concerned about the times I gave them. Anybody done it that can chime in to give me a true idea of how long it takes to actually get to the airport to get the cars?

:)

You mean Kahului?

Disembarkation usually starts within minutes of the stated arrival time.

Did you indicate you were a cruise ship passenger when you booked? Do they run continuous shuttles from/to the pier? If not, cancel and find one who does. We were in our rental car and on our way within 30 minutes of walking off the ship. Just go to the shuttle area and find the line for your company. If you just missed it, you might have a short wait. The airport is only 5 minutes away, so it won't be a long wait.

Put your rental time at 9am which will be fine. Shuttle buses pick up at this port, but in the early morning, some shuttles only allow the driver on, verifying they have a rental, with the renter, coming back to the port to pick others up. Sometimes, everyone can go.

Either way- shuttles do fill up with waits involved. As noted above, some rentals are off airport properties, so you need to go with your specific rental company.

Also remember that you are bringing the car back close to closing time if your late and the compound is closed you will have to hold on to the car as there is no drop off where you can just leave the car and put keys in secure box.

Check this out very carefully - but I doubt that you will have a big conflict.

Call the car rental company and inquire !

Kahului Airport where the car rentals are is open longer hours than the cruise port.

But don't be that person with a rental car and no where to return it without

mayhem boo-cou penalty charges and in the meantime a cruise ship with

your name on it is about to weigh anchor.

Consider dropping your party ship-side and returning the car solo.

Remember to buy full tank of gas option instead of finding a gas station at

the critical moment that you need to be back on the ship.

At least it is not a foreign country with other insane flaming hoops to leap

thru.

We will be on POA and will be in port overnight. Do cruisers have to be back on ship at a certain time at night, or can you come in at anytime? Our plans at this time will get us back early enough to drop off the car but am wondering if there is a curfew for passengers.

You can go on and off the ship, anytime during the port time. There is overnight parking available, can be extremely beneficial to keep a car 2 days.