6243 or 6247? on Reflection

opuscat1

Yeah I read the sticky spreadsheet .. right now I'm being given a choice of these two. Do you always take one going out on the hump? That's what I've read and it looks like both of these are near/above the smoking area anyway. Or do I look entirely for a different cabin LOL ... trying to stay more mid/aft ship in the cheap seats.

tx, Opus

Yeah I read the sticky spreadsheet .. right now I'm being given a choice of these two. Do you always take one going out on the hump? That's what I've read and it looks like both of these are near/above the smoking area anyway. Or do I look entirely for a different cabin LOL ... trying to stay more mid/aft ship in the cheap seats.

tx, Opus

Hello opuscat,

If you are a non smoker, you probably will not like this cabin. Also, hump cabins on six have little privacy. Seems like all passer-byes can look right at you.

Also, you can Forget about sitting out and stargazing as spotlights are right in your eyes. On six, we once had one of the end cabins with oversized balconies. Last eight on either side. The roof of the specialty restaurants stick out but when sitting did not really bother us.

If you do not mind walking a bit, these are also same category, private and no lifeboat in your face. Hope that this helps.

Good luck

I read about the smoking but what do you mean about the privacy? Like if the curtains are open they can see you or just on the balcony? It's a group buy thing so I have a few choices but not anything 2C. And thanks for helping

Oh, I'd read here that 6247 might also have the smoke waft problem so perhaps it becomes which might have the better view .... I've read at this juncture you might only get the smaller life boat or be between life boats from one other review, well the only I could find. I've seen complaints of noise about both rooms though. Perhaps I'm overthinking it. First Celebrity cruise

Oh, I'd read here that 6247 might also have the smoke waft problem so perhaps it becomes which might have the better view .... I've read at this juncture you might only get the smaller life boat or be between life boats from one other review, well the only I could find. I've seen complaints of noise about both rooms though. Perhaps I'm overthinking it. First Celebrity cruise

6243 without a doubt. When given a choice always go for the hump cabin. Really convenient as close to stairs and elevators. Larger balcony is great for having a glass of wine before dinner. Only downside on six, is feeling a little exposed to the people walking on promenade below. For the view, 6243 will be great as it sticks out and is over lifeboats. I am certain that you will have a wonderful cruise. Word of warning, reluctantly went on first cruise a few years ago and was immediately hooked...Enjoy!

6243 without a doubt. When given a choice always go for the hump cabin. Really convenient as close to stairs and elevators. Larger balcony is great for having a glass of wine before dinner. Only downside on six, is feeling a little exposed to the people walking on promenade below. For the view, 6243 will be great as it sticks out and is over lifeboats. I am certain that you will have a wonderful cruise. Word of warning, reluctantly went on first cruise a few years ago and was immediately hooked...Enjoy!

I suppose ya get what ya pay for LOL, at 75 cents on the dollar now you know what I mean. So the privacy thing might apply to anyone on deck 6 folks can walk along and see ya from 5 I take it. I've been on some other boats just not any Celebrity yet and it's been awhile since my last cruise 6-7 years ago. I see the upselling has really gotten out of hand no matter what boat you get on these days. :(

The smoking area is mid ship on Deck 5 portside on S class ships. Outside of Bistro on 5. I have never had one of those cabins, but when the ship is moving I'm sure the smoke blows away, may be an issue if the ship is in port. It appears to bother some people in this location, and not bother others.

I was in 6242 on the Equinox (same cabin as 6243 however on the Starboard Side). It was a good cabin.

Although you can look down and see the Promenade deck we rarely saw/heard anyone. The smoking side could be a bit different but you'd run into the same issue with 6247.

If smoking is a concern, try to move to the Starboard side. If not, 6243 would be one of the better 2C cabins (IMHO).

Where are the smoking areas? Are there certain cabins or areas to specifically avoid if you don't want smoke wafting on your balcony? Thanks

I also grabbed some smoking information from this thread here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2183223

I called Celebrity and they wouldn't commit to much saying it often depends on which way the wind might be blowing but I wonder.

You may definitely be bothered by smoke on those midship cabins on the port side -- but no issue with privacy while using your balcony. We've stayed in 6240 and 6210 before and would take either one again in a heart beat. If you are standing at the railing looking down -- someone could see you from deck 5 looking up -- but you'd have to be right up by the edge....not sitting on your balcony and certainly not able to look into your room.

We disembarked in Vancouver and went over to the deck right across the ship. We waved to our room steward that was cleaning our room....but we were on the same level. That would be the only time your privacy would be effected. If you get a chance, go for a room on the hump ... you won't be sorry....just not on deck 6 on the port side if smoke bothers you.

I want to thank everyone for their help so far. Decided on 6243 despite the smoke possibilities it was a decent deal and as I say, at 75 cents Canadian on the U.S. dollar wellllll. The Go Big was included and I added one more for Go Better. Now can we survive the Classic Drink Package like someone else on this board :cool:

Edited by opuscat1

Remembered I had a few photos... hold up to a mirror so you get your view :cool:

Good luck with the classic. We've done the classic and upgraded to the premium and can't say we were thrilled with either. Not a lot of choice with classic and considering the money you spend to upgrade to Premium not a lot of choice either... IMHO

IMG_00000338.jpg.2955074cd2f062378a181533af8b52cd.jpg

IMG_00000339.jpg.383a203b21640e968ff3dfd4e4f1c315.jpg

IMG_00000340.jpg.f76bab9fc309eb30c5aa536215eec5cb.jpg

IMG_00000341.jpg.702aa6572fbf9cd4a4bcd814c67bb672.jpg

IMG_00000342.jpg.5034f6643ea8f2d759058177ac7649b5.jpg

• 2 years later...
I want to thank everyone for their help so far. Decided on 6243 despite the smoke possibilities it was a decent deal and as I say, at 75 cents Canadian on the U.S. dollar wellllll. The Go Big was included and I added one more for Go Better. Now can we survive the Classic Drink Package like someone else on this board :cool:

I hope you will see this as your reply up there is 2 years old. I see you stayed in 6243 on Solstice. Was smoke a problem? We are to be in that room in Feb 2018. My husband really doesn't like smoking so I'm not sure. Thanks

Deck 6 on the hump doesn't have smoke issues. I love cabins on the hump. They are convenient to elevators and stairs, have verandas that are not obscured. The only issue that I have had was that you can hear music from the grand foyee. Music ends before I go to sleep. For me, it is not an issue. If you turn in early, you may not want a midship hump cabin on 6. hump cabins on higher levels are quieter. The

Deck 6 on the hump doesn't have smoke issues. I love cabins on the hump. They are convenient to elevators and stairs, have verandas that are not obscured. The only issue that I have had was that you can hear music from the grand foyee. Music ends before I go to sleep. For me, it is not an issue. If you turn in early, you may not want a midship hump cabin on 6. hump cabins on higher levels are quieter. The

Ah yes I forgot about the location ... it's super handy to the coffee shop one floor down ... we never went up for breakfast we went for coffee, tea, and pastries every day and ate on the balcony.