Payment didn't work properly - stressed!

Vikstar

I've got myself in to a bit of a state. I made the final payment on Friday night but it added the gratuities back on to the amount and changed my total price for the package. I also haven't received an updated invoice via email which I usually do when any changes are made. I am stressed that they will have no record of this being made, or no record of my original booking price, or have stuffed up the whole booking entirely and will release the room. The Australian Customer Service centre isn't open on the weekend and I have to wait until Monday morning to get this sorted. I hope Celebrity realises that their crappy booking system is causing people anxiety.

Do you think this can be resolved easily enough? My husband thinks I've gone mad!

I've got myself in to a bit of a state. I made the final payment on Friday night but it added the gratuities back on to the amount and changed my total price for the package. I also haven't received an updated invoice via email which I usually do when any changes are made. I am stressed that they will have no record of this being made, or no record of my original booking price, or have stuffed up the whole booking entirely and will release the room. The Australian Customer Service centre isn't open on the weekend and I have to wait until Monday morning to get this sorted. I hope Celebrity realises that their crappy booking system is causing people anxiety.

Do you think this can be resolved easily enough? My husband thinks I've gone mad!

Well, I would not stress over it, either it worked or it did not work. Waiting until the last hours of the last calendar day on a weekend, for final payment can cause, usually, stress especially when not using a TA. But, not to worry, I Am sure X can tell you tried to pay something on the website and you should consider being on the phone first thing Monday morning to X to find out status and get a proper update no matter how long you may have to wait on the phone.

You will have a great cruise in your selected cabin, I Am sure.

Bon voyage - bo1953

I've had similar problems here in the USA and a quick phone calll straightened it out. The CS rep simply went back and checked the original booking.

Adding on gratituties seems to be a too common error.

I don't chill well under stress either, but I really think you have nothing to worry about if you call. But do call on Monday.

Edited by tangerinebunny

Hope you have copied all records for this cruise. I always copy everything and then tear it up once onboard, presuming all went as planned. I have had to take my copies to guest services on past cruise to prove I was right. They corrected the problem immediately.

Also, I always call a few days before final payment is due and pay by Celebrity credit card. It would be to stressful to wait until final day to pay.

Good Luck and Enjoy your cruise.

Grace

I booked our Royal Princess cruise next summer online after our TA (and Princess on the phone) failed to improve on the deal we could get direct. It was after 10 pm and all went well - I got a message saying I had an email confirmation and "Your story starts in 278 days". I clicked on the dashboard and got a message that there was no booking associated with my login. Nothing anywhere, no sign of my paid deposit in sight, no email! Checked my Amex account and money about to go to the cruise line was "pending". Actually I didn't panic or worry. Just had to go bed and call Princess in the morning.

Woke up next day - email had come through, booking confirmed and all is well for next year! These glitches happen; as others have said, it'll all be right on the night. Enjoy your cruise.

PS Had no problems with our Celebrity cruise - used the TA! :)