Noisy cabins

spanisheyes

Can anybody tell me if there are any cabins to be avoided on deck 3 on the Eclipse, due to noise please.

Hi,:) I have been on deck 3 before and would suggest something starboard

side, something closer to the aft section.....are you booking a

window or inside cabin? For windows, I would pick any of those between

3174 to 3140......and those insides, any of them would be fine.

Edited by Lois R

We've just got off the Eclipse - we got a guaranteed balcony and was assigned 6103 - near the front. I'd be wary of any cabin in that vicinity / below on deck 3 on either side as immediately below us there is a short platform that gets lowered during docking.

They seemed to lower it sometimes 90 minutes before docking on complicated approaches - and when I say lower it it seems like they drop it as it comes down with a very loud bang. closer to port you can hear whirring from the winches associated with the ropes and anchors.

Overall we were very happy with the cruise and for what we paid we didn't have an issue with the cabin but wouldn't pick it and would be wary of picking something in the vicinity of this platform.

We've just got off the Eclipse - we got a guaranteed balcony and was assigned 6103 - near the front. I'd be wary of any cabin in that vicinity / below on deck 3 on either side as immediately below us there is a short platform that gets lowered during docking.

They seemed to lower it sometimes 90 minutes before docking on complicated approaches - and when I say lower it it seems like they drop it as it comes down with a very loud bang. closer to port you can hear whirring from the winches associated with the ropes and anchors.

Overall we were very happy with the cruise and for what we paid we didn't have an issue with the cabin but wouldn't pick it and would be wary of picking something in the vicinity of this platform.

Hi:) that is good information to know but deck 3 is strictly windows and

inside cabins and I suggested those few cabins because they are quieter.

You might want to put your cabin information on the sticky thread at

the top of this forum.